BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Has anyone checked out the new Superman animated series on Adult Swim/HBO Max yet? I was gonna check it out later tonight. It has an anime-like art style but from what I've heard it draws heavily from 1980s Superman comics.
Haven't seen it but I did see the "transformation" sequence.

They turned our boy into God damned sailor moon. Seriously. It looked completely retarded.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Haven't seen it but I did see the "transformation" sequence.

They turned our boy into God damned sailor moon. Seriously. It looked completely retarded.
Would you say it looked more retarded, less retarded, or the same level of retardation as someone changing their clothes in a glass phone booth?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Would you say it looked more retarded, less retarded, or the same level of retardation as someone changing their clothes in a glass phone booth?
Definitely more retarded.

Changing in a phone booth is just changing in a phone booth. Having your suit that was made by your baby clothes envelope you like Sailor Moon is just retarded.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Definitely more retarded.

Changing in a phone booth is just changing in a phone booth. Having your suit that was made by your baby clothes envelope you like Sailor Moon is just retarded.
It's comic book cartoon alien technology space magic dude. Superman being able to fly because his skin absorbs a different color of sunlight is way, way more retarded than a superhero suit that puts itself onto you.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
It's comic book cartoon alien technology space magic dude. Superman being able to fly because his skin absorbs a different color of sunlight is way, way more retarded than a superhero suit that puts itself onto you.
you are talking about a different type of retarded than what hornea is saying. i just watched the transformation clip on youtube. it looks gay af. you are talking about a concept being illogical.

hornea's retarded == gay af
your retarded == stupid af

apples and oranges, dummy

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
you are talking about a different type of retarded than what hornea is saying. i just watched the transformation clip on youtube. it looks gay af. you are talking about a concept being illogical.

hornea's retarded == gay af
your retarded == stupid af

apples and oranges, dummy
It could easily be argued that secretly wearing brightly colored tights (and boots!) under a business suit all day encompasses both types of retarded.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think it's well established that there's plenty of retardation to go around

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I think it's well established that there's plenty of retardation to go around
after hearing much hype, i'm watching netflix's "quarterback" show. i'm one and a half episodes in...pretty good compared to typical netflix shows. i am hoping to see some broncos footage.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Justified: City Primeval- This is really disappointing. The first episode is pretty solid but they torpedo that almost immediately with an absolutely awful subplot involving Raylan's teenage daughter. It takes up way too much time and grind the pace down to a crawl. The other big problem is Hal Holbrook, he does a fine job but his character is ridiculous, cartoonish even. He's Face Off level over the top.

What we do in the Shadows- Watchable but not great, like it has been for awhile.

It's Always Sunny season 75648- Oof. There's still a few good ideas here and there but man it's rough. To me the show just hasn't been all that enjoyable for years and it just keeps getting worse. It just feels weird and off all the time. It makes me wonder how much better stuff like the bowling episode, opening the other doors in Charlie's room etc. would have been even just a couple seasons ago when everything didn't feel so forced and fake.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Johnny Hardwick from King of the Hill has died. His roles on the show:
-Voice of Dale Gribble for all 258 episodes
-Additional voices including the racetrack announcer
-producer, supervising producer, consulting producer, writer, story editor for 103 episodes

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Bummer, I've been revisiting KOTH recently and Dale is still one of the best characters on any TV show ever.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Reboot was in production, too. I wonder how they'll handle Dale. We still don't know what they decided to do about the other characters voiced by dead actors (Luanne and Lucky mostly, but also supporting characters like Carl Moss and Officer Brown).

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Justified: City Primeval- This is really disappointing. The first episode is pretty solid but they torpedo that almost immediately with an absolutely awful subplot involving Raylan's teenage daughter. It takes up way too much time and grind the pace down to a crawl. The other big problem is Hal Holbrook, he does a fine job but his character is ridiculous, cartoonish even. He's Face Off level over the top.

What we do in the Shadows- Watchable but not great, like it has been for awhile.

It's Always Sunny season 75648- Oof. There's still a few good ideas here and there but man it's rough. To me the show just hasn't been all that enjoyable for years and it just keeps getting worse. It just feels weird and off all the time. It makes me wonder how much better stuff like the bowling episode, opening the other doors in Charlie's room etc. would have been even just a couple seasons ago when everything didn't feel so forced and fake.
I'd cut you if I didn't also love you.

Fuck me man, more Raylan is never going to be enough Raylan, real-life daughter and all. It's dumb as shit but also fun and given the strike, I'm okay with that.

For the record, ALSO, BJ engaging in 1 v 1 combat versus a naked man and then doing the helicopter schwanz in the bathtub, yeah, I was not ready for it. Danny McBride's mastery of male genitalia for comedy is not to be ignored. TBH Righeous Gemstones S3 was one of my favorite TV seasons ever, just fun with zero friction.

edit: maybe Wrexham won't suck? Eh, whatevs, let that other show die like Archer should have 5 years ago. 8 years ago.

edit again.... just gonna stick with naked man combat. Hope for the best. Shoulda wrote all my grad papers like this.

edit again don't read your own posts! Srsly just don't.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So... Twisted Metal? - with two very strong leads in Mackie and Beatriz it seems like it would be hard to screw it up, and they're not, so far (6 episodes in I think). The Samoa Joe/Will Arnett Sweet Tooth works surprisingly well. Very strange, kinda long-winded, but worth watching I think. Peacock continues to be the WTF choice in streaming services.

Winning Time (Season 2) - It's honestly wearing on me a bit, so much like a soap opera that it just gets a little much sometimes. Still generally entertaining and my Max sub runs through three more weeks so I suppose I'll keep watching it for now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So... Twisted Metal? - with two very strong leads in Mackie and Beatriz it seems like it would be hard to screw it up, and they're not, so far (6 episodes in I think). The Samoa Joe/Will Arnett Sweet Tooth works surprisingly well. Very strange, kinda long-winded, but worth watching I think. Peacock continues to be the WTF choice in streaming services.

Winning Time (Season 2) - It's honestly wearing on me a bit, so much like a soap opera that it just gets a little much sometimes. Still generally entertaining and my Max sub runs through three more weeks so I suppose I'll keep watching it for now.

Wait a minute.

Will Arnett is in Twisted Metal? Guess I’m watching this tonight.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Wait a minute.

Will Arnett is in Twisted Metal? Guess I’m watching this tonight.
He's the voice of Sweat Tooth, Samoa Joe is the actor actually playing Sweat Tooth. jro is right, from the clips I've seen Will Arnett's voice and the wrestlers body work bizarrely well together.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
He's the voice of Sweat Tooth, Samoa Joe is the actor actually playing Sweat Tooth. jro is right, from the clips I've seen Will Arnett's voice and the wrestlers body work bizarrely well together.

I’ll still watch whatever Will Arnett is in. Dude is hilarious.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So before he died Johnny Hardwick finished two episodes of Dale Gribble voicework and possibly started work on a third for the King of the Hill revival.

It will be hard to replace him since he wrote most of the stories that focused on Dale.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
There's one (of several) really clever callbacks to the game near the end that makes it all the better, don't wanna spoil anything.

I finished the show up, and it's an easy recommendation. The pacing improved a lot in the second half IMO, made the last five episodes or so feel like they flew by. It was a nice surprise to find in what's quickly becoming a sparser landscape.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
So before he died Johnny Hardwick finished two episodes of Dale Gribble voicework and possibly started work on a third for the King of the Hill revival.

It will be hard to replace him since he wrote most of the stories that focused on Dale.
Well it's goob job he appeared in hundreds of episodes already. Give the guy a break, he's dead.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Twisted Metal - so much of this show doesn’t even make sense.

Surprised by how low budget it looks though I am back forth if that’s intentional or not.

Oh well, I’ll watch s2 (lol) and the show has its moment. I need more car combat in media and games.

Reactions: jro

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Twisted Metal - so much of this show doesn’t even make sense.

Surprised by how low budget it looks though I am back forth if that’s intentional or not.

Oh well, I’ll watch s2 (lol) and the show has its moment. I need more car combat in media and games.
Yes indeed, like how in the hell did they get Mackie to star and Beatriz, Arnett, Hayden-Church, etc on that budget? No idea but it was fun to watch. I quite liked the ending and introduction of Calypso, gotta be a name star...(?).

edit: I really did appreciate how they worked references to the game in there without being morons.

Anyway... Justified City Primeval is indeed pretty fucking dumb (my spellcheck just tried to go w "fucking duck" so maybe so yeah) - it's too damn cartoony. Don't know how else to say it. Kinda skates on the stars' charisma (for FUCKING REAL that scene with Vondie supposedly 30 years younger, WTF), but then it's just so incredibly dumb that it pushes the limits. Honestly, Holbrook is more like an MCU villain that gets too much pussy than anything else (oh wait he was just sans pussy in Logan let's go back to that!). He's so dumb otherwise. Maybe that's not so bad though, Adelaide Clemens is indeed kinda hot.

Also, somewhat though not entirely separate from the former... what in the actual fuck was the point of Willa? Raylan sucks as a dad? Duh. I assume it's in the novel (no I'm really not gonna read it), but even if, it was SO FUCKING DUMB to incorporate it like they did here. Show is fine as a way to burn some time in the strike but it is utter shit otherwise.

Last edited: