BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

terry.330

Black Tank Top Enthusiast
20 Year Member
don't watch the tom brady roast
My nephew was telling about it the other day, he's both a fan of terrible "comedians" and football and he loved every second of it.

I saw a blurb that Brady regrets doing the roast and it has negatively effected his family lol.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My nephew was telling about it the other day, he's both a fan of terrible "comedians" and football and he loved every second of it.

I saw a blurb that Brady regrets doing the roast and it has negatively effected his family lol.
Brady came out of it looking pretty bad because he stood up there and let people absolutely eviscerate both of the mothers of his children, but intervened and shut down a Jeff Ross joke about Robert Kraft's happy ending massages. Imagine your dad defending his boss while a cavalcade of people joked about pounding your mom's asshole to a global audience.

famicommander

15 Year Member
According to his voice actor Pamela Adlon, Bobby Hill is 21 years old and working at a fusion restaurant in Dallas in the King of the Hill reboot.

That would mean about 8 years have passed since the original series finale.

Still no word on if they're replacing the dead actors for Luanne, Lucky, or Dale.

Taiso

Outside of Causality
20 Year Member
I hear he is a surgeon.
My wife tried to turn me on to it years ago. I just couldn't get into it. The entire premise just felt wholly absurd to me.

And I enjoy shows with magic and dragons.

I think the last episode I watched was the one where they were transporting a liver to another hospital, there was an accident and the container was ruptured and the lead concocted some bullshit solution to preserve the organ for the rest of its journey.

I looked at her, she just shrugged. I never watched another minute of it after that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My wife tried to turn me on to it years ago. I just couldn't get into it. The entire premise just felt wholly absurd to me.

And I enjoy shows with magic and dragons.

I think the last episode I watched was the one where they were transporting a liver to another hospital, there was an accident and the container was ruptured and the lead concocted some bullshit solution to preserve the organ for the rest of its journey.

I looked at her, she just shrugged. I never watched another minute of it after that.
After the Game of Thrones finale, I gave up on entertainment entirely. It's been five years (coincidentally to the day) since that show ended and I just now am slowly looking into TV again even though I just never have time. You can look forward to a thread I'll make it in a few weeks/months that I've been wanting to talk to you about for a couple years.

Taiso

Outside of Causality
20 Year Member
After the Game of Thrones finale, I gave up on entertainment entirely. It's been five years (coincidentally to the day) since that show ended and I just now am slowly looking into TV again even though I just never have time. You can look forward to a thread I'll make it in a few weeks/months that I've been wanting to talk to you about for a couple years.
I look forward to it, homie.

I would give House of the Dragon a look. It doesn't so much 'redeem' Game of Thrones as it reminds you that Martin is the only actual storyteller worth listening as it concerns all things Westeros. D&D were shams from the start that made their names by tracing over his work.

Ironically, the showrunners for House of the Dragon were slated to do a Conan show for Amazon but when Amazon studio head Jennifer Salke passed on it because it was 'too masculine' (I.E. probably wasn't written as another dumb ensemble cast series and instead focused on Conan himself), the Conan producers were picked up to run House of the Dragon. We all know how that turned out.

Now, supposedly, Conan is at Netflix, which may be a worse fate than it had under Amazon. I have no hopes for the series ever being produced because Funcom has shown they have no interest in compromising on everyone's favorite Cimmerian. For which I'm thankful. We don't need a TV series if it's going to be a compromise.

I am thinking of a thread about how we really don't need any more adaptations since they tend to be fucking lame and aren't made for anyone. Not dedicated fans and not 'MoDeERn AuDiEnCeS' either.

Yes, I'm aware that this post has a little bite to it. It's just television. I'm allowed to be a bitter old fuck about it because it ultimately doesn't matter.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
We need a new Conan video game.
but you can play that Conan survival game that for the life of me I can't remember the name of (Exile?) and you can make your character super tall, naked and with hyooge bewbs. Do we need any other Conan game?

Outer Range:

Josh Brolin, Will Patton, the gal that played Lily in The Imposters, and a bunch of other hicks/cattle farmers in Wyoming. Brolin's character discovers a huge hole in the ground on his land and it turns out it's some sort of a time vortex, or alternate universe thing. He falls in, its 5 years later, then wakes up back in his own time. ooooh. ahhh. Oh, and Imogen Poots is in it. Wife thinks shes lovely. I don't think the same.

Its not bad, but drags on with the hick drama a little too much with one of his sons murdering a rival rancher's son. Not a spoiler. That happens literally in the first 10 minutes.

The juxtaposition of hicks/farmers and a sci-fi concept like time travel/alternate realities make it easy to somewhat overlook the cowboy hats and ranchin'. Two seasons of 8 eps so far, about to finish the first one.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
By the end of season 1 of Outer Range, I was disgusted by the entire thing. A decent premise that quickly devolved into hacky cliches and poorly written characters. Waste of a good cast. I was kind of surprised they bothered going forward with a second season.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Second Season is
but you can play that Conan survival game that for the life of me I can't remember the name of (Exile?) and you can make your character super tall, naked and with hyooge bewbs. Do we need any other Conan game?

Outer Range:

Josh Brolin, Will Patton, the gal that played Lily in The Imposters, and a bunch of other hicks/cattle farmers in Wyoming. Brolin's character discovers a huge hole in the ground on his land and it turns out it's some sort of a time vortex, or alternate universe thing. He falls in, its 5 years later, then wakes up back in his own time. ooooh. ahhh. Oh, and Imogen Poots is in it. Wife thinks shes lovely. I don't think the same.

Its not bad, but drags on with the hick drama a little too much with one of his sons murdering a rival rancher's son. Not a spoiler. That happens literally in the first 10 minutes.

The juxtaposition of hicks/farmers and a sci-fi concept like time travel/alternate realities make it easy to somewhat overlook the cowboy hats and ranchin'. Two seasons of 8 eps so far, about to finish the first one.

Conan Exiles is actually a really good survival game.

If you don’t like survival games I’d avoid.

I did watch Season 2 of Outer Range. It starts off interesting but I felt ended up where it started.

I want to know if they have a story written out or if they’re just winging it each season. Be nice if this finished up in 3-4 seasons.

Ah well, we have the Boys to look forward to in about a month.

When do we hear season 3 of Invincible?

Taiso

Outside of Causality
20 Year Member
I really liked the PS3 Conan game with Ron Perlman voicing our favorite barbarian back when it first came out.

I can't play it today. It's incredibly primitive and a little disorienting to me now.

I tried Conan: Exiles but it didn't really do anything for me.

I bought Rastan Saga on the Switch and was having a really great time with it even though it's stupid hard. Awesome soundtrack.

If they did a new one, I'd like a side scroller where you can play as Conan or Valeria (or even Red Sonja). But they'll never make that game because it would be cool.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Second Season is

Conan Exiles is actually a really good survival game.

If you don’t like survival games I’d avoid.

I did watch Season 2 of Outer Range. It starts off interesting but I felt ended up where it started.

I want to know if they have a story written out or if they’re just winging it each season. Be nice if this finished up in 3-4 seasons.

Ah well, we have the Boys to look forward to in about a month.

When do we hear season 3 of Invincible?
Ive got the conan game,played a bit but i enjoy DayZ moreso.

As far as S3 of Vince, all Ive heard is "it wont take as long between season 2 and 3 as it did season 1 and 2."

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Nextar takeover has completely destroyed the CW's scripted programming. They have two scripted shows that aren't currently canceled: the high school football drama All American and its spinoff. The reason those aren't canceled is that Netflix is contractually obligated to buy every episode they put out and Netflix pays more than each episode costs to produce, so it's essentially an infinite money glitch.

They canceled their Walker Texas Ranger reboot today and the actually-good Superman show got a massive budget cut and a cancellation for its upcoming lame duck season. They have two new shows in the pipeline (a Sherlock Holmes adaptation and a spinoff of The Librarians), and that's it. Everything else on the network going forward will be reality, sports, news, docuseries, game shows, repeats, shows they bought from Canadian or UK channels, etc.

I mean CW/UPN/WB was mostly trash though the years but every now and again you'd get a Veronica Mars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, iZombie, Black Lightning, Home Movies, Stargirl, first two seasons of Arrow, Oblongs, or Mission Hill. And even though they sucked Supernatural, Dawson's Creek, The Vampire Diaries, Star Trek Voyager/Enterprise, and Smallville were longtime fixtures on the network(s).

So no more of that. At least Whose Line is still alive.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Fall of the House of Usher has kept me surprisingly interested through the first five episodes. Flanagan looking like a bargain overall deal I think?

Conan O'Brien Must Go was really good for about an episode and then it plunged into just too much cringe. Conan is inherently funny but this is just not it.