Car Enthusiast Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Remember that thing is over 20 years old. I'm not saying it isn't a reliable car, but it WILL need parts and service and probably semi-frequently.

German parts are not cheap and you may have to wait to get them in. If something breaks and disables the car from working while you're waiting for a part you may want another car/motorcycle for backup.

Kim, just buy one car and focus on it. Its better to have one nice ride than 5 in various states of decomposition.
yeah i got myself into the euro trap with the jag and realizd that sure the car itself is cheap but the rest of it will cost me my soul, a girlfriend or two, and lots of money and time. like i said it's more of an idea. i've got a wild imagination. i'll come up with a cool idea for a car and often abandon it before doing much more than thinking about it. i mean everything from my constant want for a 300ZX, to saving money for a buick roadmaster. in the end all i have is the mark and a jaguar which insists on fighting me more than befriending me. meh maybe i just like to window shop too much.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Magnaflux said:
The Duramax is a piece of garbage. GM doesn't even repair them, they just stab another Mexi-diesel in when they eventually crap out. GM only made one decent diesel and that was the Oldsmobile 350 variant.

The Powerstroke and the Cummins are the only way to go for diesel light trucks.

Wow, you must be joking?

The 6.2 Chevy Diesel was the most horrid piece of shit ever put in a truck, and it wasn't even turbocharged...

Then the 6.5 came out and was equally as bad...

The 6.0 Powerstroke has 70+ recalls and Ford is actually giving $2500 on TOP of your trade if you stay with them (you must own the '03-'05 PS)

The bad part about the Duramax are the injectors and headgaskets...

Cummins had 0 recalls as usual...

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/03/mitsuoka-orochi-specs-pricing-announced/

The concept was shown in 2001, and the final product is staying very true to the concept.

mitsuoka_orochi_01.jpg

mitsuoka_orochi_02.jpg

I don't care what you say, sure it's a bit pricey for its specs, but I still think this car looks awesome.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That thing is a pile of vomit on wheels….

That is quite possibly one of the ugliest, most gaudy vehicles I have ever seen.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
Ill have to agree, that doesnt do anything for me at all apart from laugh at the thought of parting with nearly $90k for it:eek:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
djrconsoles kr1 said:
Ill have to agree, that doesnt do anything for me at all apart from laugh at the thought of parting with nearly $90k for it:eek:
i just want to know why it's 90 grand. it's a V6, automatic, toyota. how is that worth 90k. it's essentially an MR2 with a six cylinder engine, and no manual option. i'm sorry but that's not work 90grand. its not even ultralightweight like the NSX was which i still think was overpriced, but at least it had a manual option. no one is gonna buy that crap. sorry. lower it to about $30k and you'll see a lot more sales.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
why not just call it the toyota MR3 or something? it's freakin toyota as is.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
why not just call it the toyota MR3 or something? it's freakin toyota as is.

Why not just call it shit & forget it ever existed?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
HellioN said:
Why not just call it shit & forget it ever existed?

I did some research on the supercoupe's firm ride button. They're electronically controlled shocks/struts with variable dampning. Instead of turning the lever on the shocks manually (remember those?), there is a linear actuator with an arm that turns it instead.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
I did some research on the TURBOcoupe's firm ride button. They're electronically controlled shocks/struts with variable dampning. Instead of turning the lever on the shocks manually (remember those?), there is a linear actuator with an arm that turns it instead.

Well now, That is interesting.
Sadly the guy sold the one I told you about before I had A chance to see it.
But I may have found another one....
I would not mind having A supercoupe.
21211_22.jpg

/me currently forming a plot to get some money

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
According to Associated Press reports, Ford is exploring the sale of all or part of Aston Martin.

"As part of our ongoing strategic review, we have determined that Aston Martin may be an attractive opportunity to raise capital and generate value," Bill Ford Jr., the automaker's chairman and chief executive, said in a statement.

Since Aston's dealer network, design, and size are different from other Ford brands, it was considered the logical choice for a possible sale.

No decisions have been made about Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo, and a Ford spokesman pointed out that this doesn't mean they won't be sold.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/lists/archives/jag-news/200609/msg00000.html?n=1

hmm that sucks for aston, but i'd be more worried about jaguar. they're not making sales, and they're having a lot of problems marketing their cars. ford is the best thing to happen to jaguar since william lyons opened up their browns lane plant in the 20's. things for the big cats don't bode well.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i would love a supecoupe too, but it's so hard to find one in good condition.

Plus, it's not too far away from my markviii, so why bother....

awesome car tho.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
reminds me of one of those completely whacked out hotwheels cars

TriShield

Host for Orochi
The new HSV GTS. www.hsv.com.au

43m3fgo.jpg

2ql7u53.jpg

6.0L V8
412HP 406ft-lbs.
6-speed automatic / 6-speed manual
RWD IRS
Curb Weight, lbs. 3804
Overall Length, in. 192.6
Overall Width, in. 74.7
Overall Height, in. 58.1
Wheelbase, in. 114.7
0-60, mph 4.9
1/4 mile 13.1

GM should import this model as well. I'm sure Pontiac could move 1,000 of them as the G8 GXP if it's priced under the CTS-V and directly at Chrysler's SRT-8 trio.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Son of a bitch. With the new struts the front end leaks down about an inch and a half overnight.

I guess I'll have to attack it with some soapy water tomorrow. :mad:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Got a quextion for you guys about car covers. Winter is creeping right up on me and my new baby has to go away.

240sx.jpg

That being said I need a good car cover for it. It's going to be stored in a barn it wont be right out in the elements but I still want a good car cover. Here's a couple I've been checking out on ebay:

Good for the price but who knows about quality?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-240SX-HATCHBACK-89-90-94-DUPONT-TYVEK-CAR-COVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50456QQihZ019QQitemZ8057441022QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

This one looks very nice and says it's custom fit. I guess the brand is Wolf Automotive and the model is Evolution.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISS...020QQitemZ300024922961QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

If anyone else know of a good brand/model or place to buy other than ebay a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm going to have a large blue tarp over the car cover too. I'm planning on keeping this car for some years, making it into a beast. It's 100% stock right now and has Super HICAS.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Changed my sig...I figure some of you folks here might appreciate the picture. :)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
so last night i head over to this girl's house (yes magna she had been texting me, you need to get on that shit) and when i pull up out front my mark is letting off a lot of smoke from under the hood. needless to say i was pissed. well i open the hood and search around in the dark to find that the heater hose had a hole right by the hose clamp. and antifreeze had sprayed all over the engine and burned up. and my antifreeze container was totally bone dry. well after the initial pissed off time i ask the chick who i was with if we could stop at the 24 hour autozone (mind you it was midnight by now) and we pull up in her deville (why do i always end up with girls who drive old people cars) and i ask them if they have the hose i need. the idiot there didn't know it was a high pressure hose and is showing me this hose that's for the AC compressor. and so i finally see the hose i need, in a bag, labelled, right in front of us, i grab it, pay $4.00 for it, take it back to the lincoln, and spend the next 30 minutes removing the old one, putting on the new one, cutting off the excess, filling the radiator, and antifreeze tank with water, and being damn glad i didn't take the jag as it prolly would have just exploded.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
DangerousK said:
Changed my sig...I figure some of you folks here might appreciate the picture. :)
Pagani Zonda F, not only a supercar but a dream and a true sign of respect for the man.