Connecticut Elementary School Shooting (AKA "Gun Control Debate" thread...)

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Again, you're a complete moron. It's 3 am. You can't see shit. You don't have time to make these judgement calls. There's a shadowy figure moving at you. You would be willing to risk your life over a gamble? By the way, a knife can be considered a deadly weapon by subjects actions and delivery method. You think a cop would hesitate over shooting a perp charging him with machete?

Open your fucking mind.

Well me myself, I got enough blunt weapons that I can conceal anywhere that anyone trying to break in would be dumb anyway, knife or no knife.

Expandable_Baton-32.5_inch.jpg

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Collapsible batons are illegal to carry, at least in Washington state.

SSS

neo retired
Well me myself, I got enough blunt weapons that I can conceal anywhere that anyone trying to break in would be dumb anyway, knife or no knife.

Expandable_Baton-32.5_inch.jpg

I can't even begin to fathom your idiocy. The odds of you successfully deploying an expandable baton and rendering an unknown number of assailants immobile in the dark after you just woke up is astronomically stacked against you.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
And loading a clip, removing the trigger lock, undoing the saftey is much quicker. :D

SSS

neo retired
And loading a clip, removing the trigger lock, undoing the saftey is much quicker. :D

Shotgun. Point in general direction of noise and fire.

Are you some sort of blind Kung fu master? Chances are you're gonna be in the morgue and your awesome sturdy Asp is gonna be in a ziplock bag in an evidence box.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Suppose your shotgun is unloaded. You're still fucked. You don't have to be a kung fu master to swing a peice of steel.

SSS

neo retired
Suppose your shotgun is unloaded. You're still fucked. You don't have to be a kung fu master to swing a peice of steel.

Have you had any sort of training? Or have you just been watching too many action movies to get it in your noggin' that your "solution" is a suitable one?

SSS

neo retired
My point still stands.

What point? That you're gonna go up against an unknown number of assailants, with unknown weapons, not knowing if they're hopped up something that'll make them numb to pain... With your trusty metal stick in the dark?

You

Are

An

Idiot

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Like I said, suppose the guns unloaded, probably locked up, they're already breaking in. You're fucked anyway.

You

Are

A

Dumb

Fuck

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm a pretty liberal guy on most issues, but I don't like my guns being fucked with, or blamed for problems caused by maniacs.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Sex Machine (who the fuck is this anyway? I know there must have been a previous name) makes idiotic and completely inaccurate posts about the origins and legal implications of the 2nd Amendment. Is called on it. Simply states, 'so what, I stand by my point'. Continues with more nonsense. Continues to be called on it.

Jesus, I thought I could stay out of this thread. But it has gone full on retard. Sorry that you're still here duf.

Sex Machine is a high ranking Grammaton Cleric who can deploy gun kata against intruders in swift but coordinated strikes to render them immobilized at a moments notice.

OK.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
guns for some, miniature american flags for others

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
I'll send condolences to your family

Well it's just me, but I don't like fighting, harming someone, and I probably wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed someone if I didn't absolutely have to. It's just my view that I don't need a gun, and it's also my view that I'll never need one.

SSS

neo retired
Sex Machine is a high ranking Grammaton Cleric who can deploy gun kata against intruders in swift but coordinated strikes to render them immobilized at a moments notice.

OK.

He's actually Mitsurugi.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
this robber scenario seems like a silly argument to me, yes if a guy breaks in, kills your dog, disables your alarm, and wants to kill you.... then you're indeed fucked if you don't have a gun. But really is that a scenario that happens enough to have to prepare for it? isn't it a million times more likely just the barking of the dog would do far more to prevent that kind of scenario than all the guns in the world? and if a motherfucker breaks into your house and kills your dog, are you really going to go confront him with your gun? imagining this guy is crazy enough to just bust into your house firing guns and he already has his at the ready?

I'm not saying guns should be banned, I just don't think this argument about home security is going in a honest direction. It's pretty clear that having a dog and/or alarm would do far more to prevent break ins than a gun and I have a hard time believing the number of guns people have has anything to do with the amount of home invasions in a area and probably doesn't even skew the statistics when compared to poverty.