Dune trailer

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It’s a crime we never got a followup to Dredd.
Alex Garland movies tend to bomb. He's directed 4 movies and only Ex Machina turned a profit, and only barely, primarily because it was made for only 15 million dollars.

At least he had a hit with 28 Days Later, but he was only the writer and not the director on that one.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Alex Garland movies tend to bomb. He's directed 4 movies and only Ex Machina turned a profit, and only barely, primarily because it was made for only 15 million dollars.

At least he had a hit with 28 Days Later, but he was only the writer and not the director on that one.

I first became familiar with his work when I read the beach in college. It was a well written book with characters that could exist in real life. The movie can suck my dick though.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
All great. Except Gravity and Interstellar, which sucked ass.

Go watch Annihilation instead.
This I agree with. Annihilation is fantastic. And maybe the most interesting approach to doing an adaptation ever. Unlike great movies like Blade Runner or to a lesser extent The Shining, which veered wildly away from their source material on purpose, Garland's idea was to make as close an adaptation as possible, but only based on his half-faded memories of having read the novel years earlier and letting whatever that turned into happen.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I will third Annihilation, it's incredibly well done on several levels. I'd put it up there with Children of Men as one of the best near future/realistic sci-fi movies of the last 20 years.