Financial Checkup, Let's Discuss Positions, Holdings, and Thoughts for Near Future

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
my reits are getting killed, so the only thing I can do is buy more and hope we are not in a prolonged recession.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Hey guys stupid question but what are finances

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
What other things can you do besides an IRA for retirement? You should be ok as long as you max those out every year. I dont think Transformer toys or video collection counts.

Yeah I thought 401k was the beez neez until I got an IRA. Now I have two IRAs, I opened a second one last week.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Yeah I thought 401k was the beez neez until I got an IRA. Now I have two IRAs, I opened a second one last week.

What's the point of having two IRAs? No matter what, the max you can contribute is $6,000 a year with all your IRA combine.

So with 401k, that's a total of $25,000 annually to max out. If you start this when you're 30 by the time you retire, you should be getting around 3.6million on that alone w/ a modest 6% return. That's if you want to contribute till you're 68, fuck that noise. So the younger you start the earlier you can fucking retire.

Im lucky enough that both homes are paid for and just couple more years till we get the other 2 kids college paid off. Then ill be able to somewhat relax a bit more.

I wonder if the housing will be cheap next couple years. Really want to get one more house, that way when i die each kid can have a place. Not sure if i want the headache of dealing with renters though.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
If we indeed go into a real recession, housing prices will definitely come down. Given how high the prices have been, I can see it starts a chain of foreclosures that can rival 2008. I don't know if it will happen, but it is a possibility.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What's the point of having two IRAs? No matter what, the max you can contribute is $6,000 a year with all your IRA combine.

So with 401k, that's a total of $25,000 annually to max out. If you start this when you're 30 by the time you retire, you should be getting around 3.6million on that alone w/ a modest 6% return. That's if you want to contribute till you're 68, fuck that noise. So the younger you start the earlier you can fucking retire.

Im lucky enough that both homes are paid for and just couple more years till we get the other 2 kids college paid off. Then ill be able to somewhat relax a bit more.

I wonder if the housing will be cheap next couple years. Really want to get one more house, that way when i die each kid can have a place. Not sure if i want the headache of dealing with renters though.

This is basically every single post from you now. Be sure to tell is again next post.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is basically every single post from you now. Be sure to tell is again next post.

Eventually he'll post once a year with the same shit and then and only then shall he become a contender for... THEMAN, the annhialator of worlds.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member

Eventually he'll post once a year with the same shit and then and only then shall he become a contender for... THEMAN, the annhialator of worlds.

This is the finance thread you cunts.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
HDR no one has two homes. You're much better off joining reddit and asking questions in /r/personalfinance or /r/FIRE financial independence, retire early

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
you're not discussing your positions or holdings. And from everything you have told us, it's probably your wife's money.

He talks of working 43 hours a day and shows his house off (one room) full of frivolous bullshit, YEAH it's his fucking wifes money. He probably works as a cleaner and the wife is never home so she doesn't care if his tacky crap is everywhere.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
He talks of working 43 hours a day and shows his house off (one room) full of frivolous bullshit, YEAH it's his fucking wifes money. He probably works as a cleaner and the wife is never home so she doesn't care if his tacky crap is everywhere.

HDR is busting his ass to provide for his family, goddammit!

Sure, it's possible his wife's plan is to work him into an early grave, throw out all his action figures and retire with a housing empire but let the man enjoy the time he has left.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
HDR no one has two homes. You're much better off joining reddit and asking questions in /r/personalfinance or /r/FIRE financial independence, retire early

There is no Lonesage though.

Yes my wife has a nice professional job, but she has been part-time for 8 years now...When our son was born she wanted to do the full time mom thing since this was our last child.

What's wrong with being a cleaner? A man that works as much as he can no matter a job should be admired.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

They operate on different risk tolerances.
Also, I'm not planning on making any further contributions.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Damn...it seems like hiring a professional conman to run the US wasn't such a good idea after all...

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
So unlimited printing is their trump card ...Next move would be to banned short selling. The idiots spending spring break in Florida Going to bump up the spread of covid19 . Us market still will come out ahead of the rest of the world, if your going to put you moneys the us us still the place to park it .

racecar

20 Year Member
i have exited the market completely ..sitting on 60% cash and 40% in metals . Personally i dont feel comfortable and feel jitter about the market run up . a lesson from 2008

racecar

20 Year Member
Bump to this thread as we had fully recovered and then some Dow and the s&p are at all time high

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My beer stocks keep going down every week! What is the world coming to!?