Formal Impeachment Inquiry

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Lamar Alexander will vote against witnesses. Says they aren't necessary because the house already proved POTUS did it, but it isn't impeachable. Acquittal likely today.

Edit: maybe not so likely today after all

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
R-money blowing the partisan witch hunt narrative.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Senate acquits on abuse of power 52-48 (Romney joining Democrats in vote for conviction)

Expect the same result on obstruction, but I can't stick around to watch it.

Edit: Nope, Romney voted to acquit on obstruction.

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Patrick agreed with me the most (10), Warren second (9), and Bloomberg/Sanders/Steyer tied for third (8). Gabbard came in last at 6. I was kind of surprised that none of the Democrats agreed with some of my answers (okay, my stance on marijuana versus there's wasn't a surprise to me), I guess I'm not as liberal as I thought.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Patrick agreed with me the most (10), Warren second (9), and Bloomberg/Sanders/Steyer tied for third (8). Gabbard came in last at 6. I was kind of surprised that none of the Democrats agreed with some of my answers (okay, my stance on marijuana versus there's wasn't a surprise to me), I guess I'm not as liberal as I thought.

Therein lies the problem for the democrat party vs. the republicans. Dems are trying to shoehorn every special interest into the platform. Republicans? Just a handful. It's hard to get a lot of people on board cross cultural issues like transgender-izing innocent children, or legalizing all the drugs and then doing them everywhere in public to troll people who want to have drug free lives. It's a shitty and embarrassing party that failed to draw a line on such issues. For example, just tell people you represent providing a higher standard of living to the middle class through labor laws (paid maternity leave; employee benefits), drive down health care costs, and improve access to high quality education for all. Nope. Scrap that. Gotta talk about transgendered bathrooms because Jon wants to shit in the ladies room.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't disagree; Democratic candidates should be more focused. Me, the issue I care about the most is health care costs/reform, but, that's because I'm incurable ill and need to worry about how I'm going to pay for treating that, long term; if I wasn't, I probably wouldn't give a fuck about that (I really wasn't a big fan of the Affordable Care Act, until my health went to hell and I needed it, then, naturally, my opinion changed).

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Y no Bloomberg?

I don't think he can/would win in a general election.

The affiliation switching reads as opportunistic rather than independent.

He has similar "baggage" to Trump.

Taken together, Ds throwing their support behind him in the general will look hypocritical, which I think will discourage turnout in places where he needs it. I don't see Wisconsin showing up for Mike Bloomberg.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't think he can/would win in a general election.

The affiliation switching reads as opportunistic rather than independent.

He has similar "baggage" to Trump.

Taken together, Ds throwing their support behind him in the general will look hypocritical, which I think will discourage turnout in places where he needs it. I don't see Wisconsin showing up for Mike Bloomberg.

Could you say the same about rational democrats who have been rejecting Sanders up to this point? They have basically shit on him for years. Can’t back him after that. Not now at least.

I don’t see a viable path to victory for the Dems. And the senate situation is just as bad. More likely Republicans will flip contested seats than Dems. Party loyalty across states is typically stronger for republicans than democrats.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Could you say the same about rational democrats who have been rejecting Sanders up to this point? They have basically shit on him for years. Can’t back him after that. Not now at least.

If he wins enough delegates to avoid a contested convention they'll fall in line. Otherwise, I don't know. Wonks don't like him but his favorability among voters is the highest in the field.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
If nothing else, watching Rubin, Frum, and Kristol become totally friendless in the general would be nice.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
I'm interested to see what happens in the south and major metro areas.

Clinton swept these areas in the last primary.

Some polling is showing Bloomberg in first and second place.
He wasn't even registering a week or two ago so that's kinda nuts.

Biden is almost falling off the rolls at the moment of truth after polling in first for almost a year.

The media still appears to be trying to steer everybody away from Sanders.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm interested to see what happens in the south and major metro areas.

Clinton swept these areas in the last primary.

Some polling is showing Bloomberg in first and second place.
He wasn't even registering a week or two ago so that's kinda nuts.

Biden is almost falling off the rolls at the moment of truth after polling in first for almost a year.

The media still appears to be trying to steer everybody away from Sanders.

Not sure if it’s the media steering people away, or Sanders himself. He has focused on an amorphous big picture of m4a and student loan forgiveness without a concrete plan that makes sense outside his base of followers. Maybe I’m just one of the wonks here but I don’t want a guy who will be even less effective than Obama.