Formal Impeachment Inquiry

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/giuliani-parnas-hyde-yovanovitch-surveillance

Was the administration considering putting a hit on her?

Let us know how to proceed and we will give you a price sure sounds like it.

What was the story about they found a treasure trove of documents, letters, emails, phone calls and so on relating to a paper trail for the Ukraine scandal? I saw the headlines but didn't have time to read about it because then he assassinated the Iranian General.

Are all these documents released yesterday about Igor and Lev part of it or is that something else?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/giuliani-parnas-hyde-yovanovitch-surveillance

Was the administration considering putting a hit on her?

Let us know how to proceed and we will give you a price sure sounds like it.

What was the story about they found a treasure trove of documents, letters, emails, phone calls and so on relating to a paper trail for the Ukraine scandal? I saw the headlines but didn't have time to read about it because then he assassinated the Iranian General.

Are all these documents released yesterday about Igor and Lev part of it or is that something else?

The text messages from Robert Hyde definitely looked like they were planning to murder an American citizen, but I guess for conservatives it’s ok.

Thing is, we are hitting a point where the GOP and conservative voters cannot continue to coexist with a democratic free America. Much like Putin deciding to consolidate all the power to his position and become the dictator of Russia, conservatives have enabled a sloppy and habitual criminal to back them all into a corner where eventually justice will need to be served. Rather than accept accountability, the GOP may attempt to circumvent the constitution, dissolve parts of it, ignore rules, because they currently have the executive, judicial, and half of the legislative. 2.5/3 is strong hand to play.

But the best thing for America to actually stay “the land of the free” is for the GOP to make a stand against their leadership and show that America is also “the home of the brave”, and shut the bullshit down. If Trump called a hit on an American citizen, put him on trial for attempted murder. If he assassinated a foreign diplomat, regardless of the GOP’s attempt to spin him into an osama bin laden (he wasn’t really, and that narrative makes zero sense when you consider the obvious power dynamic between the Us and Iran), without actual imminent danger (6+ months since he gave the ok to assassinate, so not imminent, sorry), then we should put Trump on trial for first degree murder, along with any military members who enabled him, any. And any consultants who greenlit Trump on this are accessories. There needs to be complete accountability or else we become Russia. And that would suck really bad.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Jokes on you, libs. How can you impeach a president while the courts are illegally under MARITIME ADMIRALTY LAW? :cool:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Jokes on you, libs. How can you impeach a president while the courts are illegally under MARITIME ADMIRALTY LAW? :cool:

I don’t get it. Is this like Executive Jet, where the company tried to move the case to admiralty court, but was denied because the accident happened in the sky, rather than high seas.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I just figured the articles have been transmitted, but that's no reason to stop making up reasons that it doesn't really count. There's a conspiracy theory that gold fringe on the flags in courtrooms are a sign that the US courts are unlawfully (I shouldn't have written illegally) under Maritime Admiralty Law. It's been around for a while. Dale invokes it on King of the Hill at one point.

On a more serious note, I'll go ahead and prove my TDS by saying we're fucked if Trump doesn't die in prison, and he's not going to die in prison.

But we're kidding ourselves if we think that the next administration, whenever it arrives, can fix things. There's no point in making "deals," multilateral or bilateral, with the United States. Our word isn't worth shit because it's only a matter of time before we elect another dingbat to knock over the Jenga tower. It's already over. Whatever credibility we established over the 20th century is shot.

Xavier

20 Year Member
Multi-quote isn't working today with this browser.

No I still feel your overreacting Wasabi, I still don't think we are there yet.

Another news headline I didn't get a chance to read was that Trump tried to move to have the trial dismissed and he couldn't get the votes.

I am eager to see if the trial will be truly be impartial. At least a point I've read and heard several times is that senators in congress are typically more professional experienced individuals than representatives in the house.

At least there should be new evidence and witnesses instead of hearing testimony for a third and fourth time.

There's going to Lev's and Igor's and Bolton's oh my! Should be entertaining .

Democrats should have at least begun censuring the President early after the elections. Like after you fire a dumbass for being late everyday and getting caught having sex and doing drugs on the job they'll try and be like show me the documentation of verbal and written notice that I did anything wrong.

I worry about the backlash from his cult followers after they realize the jig is up and are thrust into reality. I'm hoping most of them are impotent debilitated geriatric life long incels. All this talk of civil war over the last few years has me concerned though.

I hope they impeach him several more times but if they do it needs to be done shortly and before the trial is over so it can't be said it's because they're sore losers.

SML

I think we have been at the point of no return for several months now. I don't see how Trump can stay out of prison and keep his assets at this point. The window for resigning is gone. He doesn't have the intelligence or grace to do it anyways so he needs to either flee the country or seize power. I think he's made several passive attempts so far and they didn't pan out. Maybe we can all come to a settlement and the whole world can sign it. He quits and will be pardoned of all crimes civil and criminal. No person or jurisdiction is allowed to take him to court for past actions.

I can't see anybody wanting to deal with a country or person if every few years a new party takes power and rips up contracts and wants to renegotiate everything.

I'm hoping Trump was just a fluke. He coasted to victory on his celebrity of being the caricature rich American. The press gave him a free pass and a limitless pulpit in exchange for ratings and he provided us a circus of entertainment through his off color words and actions.

I still think we need four parties and independents.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Vanity Fair has an article about the trump voters being young and ignorant rather old or they aren’t incels. Trump’s campaign has been on point. Every day his name is spoken or written by the majority of Americans. On the other hand, people in major swing states aren’t that familiar with the dem candidates, beyond a cosmetic level.

Trump’s campaign has successfully tapped into younger voters who aren’t interested in talking politics all the time. Normal people who want to take care of their family and live normal lives. In short, they don’t have well thought out or educated opinions on much of the current events, and for them Trump is fine. So I don’t think there will be a moment of catharsis or an epiphany of any sort.

Xavier

20 Year Member
These lazy sods better admit new evidence and witnesses or else it isn't much of a trial.

Haven't paid much attention to it, so far sounds like stuff I know or have heard already.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
These lazy sods better admit new evidence and witnesses or else it isn't much of a trial.

Haven't paid much attention to it, so far sounds like stuff I know or have heard already.

this is the show. We know there won't be a removal, and no one in the know was expecting such, regardless what rightwing media wants to spout. The main goal is to have this shit stain prominently on display for 2020, not for Trump, but for the GOP senators campaigning for reelection, who are on record not taking this seriously. It's a bad look for anyone in the middle, and a reaffirmation that everything they thought they could get rid of with Trump (the corruption) only got worse. The GOP's best hope now is for that Goldwater Girl (Hillary) to keep spouting divisive shit to the democrat party.

Xavier

20 Year Member
Well it's a shitty show. I didn't expect him to be removed but I do expect a real trial. They all took an oath that they would be impartial jurors.

I believe it that Tulsi is being groomed, for some reason she does have a bunch of bots and trolls. According to what I read on the net everybody loves her and she's a favorite to win but somehow she's polling at 1-4%. Headline today says she's suing for 50m. Sounds a bit excessive to me, guess she's taking that saying "I'll sue you for everything you'll never have" to a new level.

No let's be honest, the powers that be want a Biden and they might accept a Buttigieg. They'll burn the place down before they accept a Sanders, Warren or a Yang.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well it's a shitty show. I didn't expect him to be removed but I do expect a real trial. They all took an oath that they would be impartial jurors.

I believe it that Tulsi is being groomed, for some reason she does have a bunch of bots and trolls. According to what I read on the net everybody loves and she's a favorite to win her she's polling at 1-4%. Headline today says she's suing for 50m. Sounds a bit excessive to me, guess she's taking that saying I'll sue you for everything you have+ to a new level.

No let's be honest, the powers that be want a Biden and they might accept a Buttigieg. They'll burn the place down before they accept a Sanders, Warren or a Yang.

Y no Bloomberg?

The Washington Post alignment quiz had me as a BBsupporter, which I agree with. 2nd was Biden, Yang

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/quiz-which-candidate-agrees-with-me/

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anyone in the senate who exonerates Trump isn't just responsible for covering up this transgression, they are responsible for ALL FUTURE TRANSGRESSIONS>

Xavier

20 Year Member
Y no Bloomberg?

The Washington Post alignment quiz had me as a BBsupporter, which I agree with. 2nd was Biden, Yang

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/quiz-which-candidate-agrees-with-me/

I don't care who the next president is as long as it's not Trump.
My cat would be good at this point, Oreo Ortiz-Vergara 2020!

Who is BB?
Bloomberg has little too no impact yet at this point.
I'm surprised because it was thought he would've been a real disrupter if he ran in 2016.

I don't like those issue polls anymore. On a personal level I'm on the center or right but I recognize whats best for me or how I'd like to live my life may not be whats best for the entire country.

The people on the right have done serious damage to this country over the last 15+ years and now we need somebody on the far left or at least a true progressive to restore balance.

Biden isn't really that much different than Trump. His campaign team and handlers have done him a great disservice by keeping him in line. Those daily gaffes and faux pas are what got Trump headlines and his win in the election. Biden can totally out Trump Trump. Biden is also a member of the establishment, no different than the Bushes or Clintons. Again at this point I miss the NWO.

I've figured out that I always get attached to people at this stage who have no chance of winning. At this point I'm still hoping for a Sanders, Yang or Warren.

Iowa is only a few days away and it appears Bernie is in the lead.

On a positive note Moscow Mitch says Republicans don't have enough votes to suppress evidence and witnesses.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Last edited:

Xavier

20 Year Member
Bennet 13
Bloomberg 12
Biden 11
Patrick 11
Klobuchar 10
Yang 10
Steyer 9
Buttigieg 8
Sanders 6
Gabbard 6
Warren 5

polling was simplistic and flawed

Anyways here's what I really think:
Patrick, Steyer and Bennet should drop out...and possibly Klobuchar.
Gabbard should jump out into the feeway during rush hour.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
After the Senate fails to convict, and after the (triumphant, disciplined, or bizarre, depending on the outlet) SOTU, after Bolton's book drops, etc. Months from now or years from now, I feel like the thing people will really remember about the impeachment is Alan Dershowitz responding to Ted Cruz today. The question was whether or not a quid pro quo mattered, and Dershowitz gave a long hypothetical response about how even a quid pro quo *as portrayed* by Trump's critics would not be impeachable. The words don't matter because the argument boils down to It's okay if he did it BECAUSE he thought it would get him re-elected.

Because he thinks his re-election is in the public interest.

None of this other stuff is actually going to matter because that's going to be the way history remembers Trump's entire defense.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bennet 13
Bloomberg 12
Biden 11
Patrick 11
Klobuchar 10
Yang 10
Steyer 9
Buttigieg 8
Sanders 6
Gabbard 6
Warren 5

polling was simplistic and flawed

Anyways here's what I really think:
Patrick, Steyer and Bennet should drop out...and possibly Klobuchar.
Gabbard should jump out into the feeway during rush hour.

Bennet kind of appeared after I took the quiz. I retook the quiz last night and noticed that I was aligning with Bennet on things. I don't know Patrick either. These guys were late additions to the quiz, probably to balance out the options.

In any case, I had a few issues that were "no alignment", namely student loans, marijuana, and some other entitlement that I don't think government should entangle itself with.

Which is strange because my subconscious (aka the media) is telling me that I should be cool with Warren or Sanders, but my actual voting interests have them far from what I want.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
No need for alignment quizzes, hermanos. John McAfee filed the paperwork today.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/30/...nate-impeachment-trial-trump-cnntv/index.html

“Dershowitz said Thursday that those comments came after he had started his answer "by saying I completely support the impeachment of Nixon, who everything he did, he did because he wanted to get reelected. And clearly he thought his reelection was in the public interest."

"What I was doing was responding to an argument by the managers, which said basically that if a president has any motive -- the slightest motive -- that is not in the public interest that serves his electoral interests, that's a corrupt motive, and that can form the quid or the pro in quid pro quo," he said, adding later that his intention was simply to "ensure that no one can ever get in trouble for having as part of the motive their reelectability."

The Harvard professor said he had not heard from Trump since his comments Wednesday, but that claimed a number of senators had "came over to me afterward and thanked me for making that argument because that argument was in their interest as well."”

He’s spinning out