Games destroyed by someones rage..

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Button mashers annoy the hell out of me. I also hate when I play fighters and people come in and take your spot and beat the crap out of you w/o asking if they could come in. I hate 3rd Strike now because of how good these people are in this game.

PARRY PARRY PARRY!!

I hate that shit. Fuck people that spend their life in this game.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Fuck, I guess I shouldn't be surprised how many crazy bastards frequent this forum (and you know, I'm starting to think Merc might just be a tad unhinged).

As for myself, I broke a PS2 controller by mistake once when playing R-Type Final. Sometimes when I get frustrated, I disgustedly toss a controller to the side and walk away. I did that then, only a little harder than usual, and it hit the hardwood floor and broke. I immediately felt kind of embarrassed and apologised to my roommate for acting like an idiot. (She was a bit shocked at my temper. :emb:)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Like others, I broke the SNES shoulder buttons thanks to SF2. No rage involved, though, except in having to buy another controller.

I did get my old roommate mad enough to throw an old-style AES stick while playing Fatal Fury Special. Did not break, thank Buddha. He was a real quiet guy, generally, which doubled my sense of accomplishment.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
DAMN MERC!!! Your dad did the right thing. I wish more dads would leg sweep their damn badass kids nowadays.

unfortunately I have no stories to tell because I feared that If i broke something I'd never get a new one cuz my parents were CHEAAAAAAAP. Ultimately I just FEARED MY PARENTS because they didn't fuck around at all. If my parents heard me yelling at a game, they would come in the room and say "turn it off now" and I turned it off with the quickness.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Fuck, I guess I shouldn't be surprised how many crazy bastards frequent this forum (and you know, I'm starting to think Merc might just be a tad unhinged).

Not really. Between the ages of 4 and like 17 I was just a "spoiled" only child who didn't think anyone else mattered outside of my best friend Jeff and a few others. Around 18 I started to man up and stopped making excuses for myself, or expecting others to simply put up with my bullshit. Though I did (in Senior High School) take great pleasure in circumventing the Student Handbook through what was not covered in between the lines, and the class of '98 (I was class of '96) actually had like 26 revisions to cover all the areas I exploited over the Administrators heads. But in the end I learned the value of others and developed a rock solid work ethic, which is another reason I cannot work amongst most people, because most are lazy cunts.

My anger however, stemmed early on from just not being able to put up with "Bullshit". In video games (more back then than now), it's the cheese factor that just shouldn't be there. As a grown man, it has to be soldiering, police work, or of course the Security Enforcement I do. Because strangely enough, I can be professional and "with it" in these capacities and am fine in high risk situations and stay calm. Put me in an office space, retail, customer service, etcetera... and I'll blow a gasket probably in less than 3 days. Same difference as with the old school games. Ppl's BS or having to listen to idiotic banter about nothing at all, fuels a blood lust I can barely contain. Which is why being *working alone* (mostly) is really the only way I can make my bread, but it had to be of a capacity that resonated with me, and was an extension of me. Like I said, I'm not proud of the dumb shit I did anger wise with video games... but it happened. Had I been able to punch out the game programmer who thought it be a good idea to let you BOUNCE off birds and stuff... I would have.

***Now concerning the arcade free-for-alls. Well, I'll never apologize for that. Even a punk kid should have enough manners to ASK someone if they mind them jamming in on your game. When they didn't it would start a slow burn. That dude I punched in the mouth back in '97 turned out to be a pretty good fighter too. My rib cage was bruised up bad, and I was hobbling around for a few days from a good shin kick he gave me. I left him with a black eye, and a sprain wrist. Funny thing is, that dude and I ended up friends in 2001 and laughed about the whole thing... but at the time it wasn't funny.

DAMN MERC!!! Your dad did the right thing. I wish more dads would leg sweep their damn badass kids nowadays.

unfortunately I have no stories to tell because I feared that If i broke something I'd never get a new one cuz my parents were CHEAAAAAAAP. Ultimately I just FEARED MY PARENTS because they didn't fuck around at all. If my parents heard me yelling at a game, they would come in the room and say "turn it off now" and I turned it off with the quickness.

Yeah pops wasn't the type to take shit, and he was right to do it. We'd later end up going out the front window of his house in a fist fight when I was 15, but that's a whole other story, and that time his extra marital affair ed self was in the wrong, but angry as I was, there was no way I could whip my father. Shit even now at 66 going on 67 he's a giant of a man who fights dirty. Thing is, from a few scrapes with him, he saw (and I got my confidence fight wise) that I'm the type who's not always the strongest, fastest, etc... but if someone wants to throw down and won't let me walk away or defuse myself... well then I'll fight tooth and nail and would rather die than give a person an inch of ground over me. Thus both pops and I usually realized we we're both holding back.

He could've killed me with three punches, and knowing this I could have just uncoiled a chain whip and split his skull open, but we were father & son, both from the same fire sign of Aries, both Barbarians in our own right. ----But yeah, my old man taught me proper which is why through all my shenanigans I might have leaned on the fence, but never crossed the line and became a criminal. I'm just glad he and I buried the hatchet and now have an awesome father son relationship as well as friendship. It'll be tough when he goes, as he's really one of the few who Understand me almost 100%.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
About 2 years ago Ramad and I were playing MOTW.... after about 5 to many drinks, Ramad pining a win by 20 on me.... a neo stick was punished....

The stick was glued back together, but is missing a few pieces of the outer shell and has large cracks.... It's pretty much the best stick ever.

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
the first time playing dragon warrior and i find out you have to use the 'stairs' command to leave the fucking room... i've went on many tangents cursing that stupid command

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've never broken any gaming item purposefully.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
the first time playing dragon warrior and i find out you have to use the 'stairs' command to leave the fucking room... i've went on many tangents cursing that stupid command

Yeah, I'm sure everyone else did too... climbing stairs is automatic from DWII on.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I threw a mouse at the wall because of quake.

My sister used to bite the snes pads when we were kids.

aria

Former Moderator
Pitfighter for Genesis. I can now 1CC it, but back in the day --before I learned you had to basically be exactly as ruthless to the computer as it is to you-- I would get really, really angry. I don't think any other game had ever done that. With that said, the worst thing I ever did was yank the game out of the Genesis while it was still on and fling it across the room --in the futile thought that it would somehow "hurt" the game. Haha, I knew even then that it was bullshit, but I didn't care. I'd put it back in and rapidly turn on the Genesis on-and-off. Game still works.

I did accidentally break a TV controller by flinging the build-like-a-brick Genesis controller around like a nunchuck, but I wasn't particularly pissed at a game.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
ive broken a controller for every single system i have ever owned (except AES). and when i say broken, i mean destroyed to the point that it was then tossed in the garbage. i also destroyed an original game boy back in the day by elbowing the screen until it broke. cant even remember what game it was that was pissing me off so much now

:lolz::lolz::lolz:

Oh, the stories I've heard about your vid rage.

Once, in say, 2001, I was playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine on my Nomad and got angry and threw it at the wall. It landed in a pile of clothes and stuff and I just left the room. When I came back (probably 4 or 5 minutes later), the battery was dead.

Then, one time playing Card Fighter's Clash on NGPC, I got mad and threw my NGPC.

Also, once playing Mario Kart DS online, I straight threw that DS across the room.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My sister sat on my Collector's Edition Zelda 64 case.

I lent F-Zero X to my cousin (the case, manual and game) and all I got back was the game.

Just casualties of idiots, nothing rage-induced. I've gotten plenty mad playing games, I'm certain, I just never got the purpose of ripping something up because I sucked at a game.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I have had screaming fits, but never threw anything. I've murdered a few DDR pads over the years, but that was only after excessive use.

I've always wanted to launch a Wii mote into a TV

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Target Renegade on the NES.
I ripped the game out of the machine & threw it across the room.
It bounced off the couch & landed at my feet, I then punched a hole in the case.
Surprisingly, I put it back in & it still worked.

Spazmonkey

Another Striker
I don't even know how many playstation pads I've broken. Gran Turismo pissed me off so much, I had to buy one of those nerf controllers made of foam. Invincible.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Not really. Between the ages of 4 and like 17 I was just a "spoiled" only child who didn't think anyone else mattered outside of my best friend Jeff and a few others...

Aw, I'm just breaking your balls man. I guarantee, I'm crazier than you are... In a strictly clinical sense, that is. I'll spare you the details. Just take my word for it.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I was playing Phantasy Star 2, and it was early in the game after you get the tank/hovercraft. I was trying to get to the next city I needed to go to, but kept running into the white dragon looking enemy (forgot the name) and it kept killing my party. I tried every way possible to get to that town without encountering this enemy, but I kept running into it and kept dying. I had one of those old hard wood entertainment centers, and just kept banging the Genesis controller against it until it shattered.

Another time, I was playing MK2 on SNES and I couldn't get past Raiden to save my life. I prolly fought him like 20 times in a row, and just kept losing (CPU was being a cheap ass...I swear:p), so once again I kept banging the controller against the entertainment center and then it shattered.

My fiance can tell you how many times I've nearly broken a Wiimote over Metroid and Castlevania III on the VC, lol

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I pushed a 27 inch tv onto a Genesis once, but that was an accident. TV was fine but my Genesis was fucked.:crying:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I remember three years ago, I threw a DS game cause it was SOOO frustrating. Trama Center was the game and those that played it know how hard the game can be.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Back in high school I broke one of my ps1 pads playing Legend of Dragoon. I still remember there was the desert area with sand pits all around and if you walked two close you fell in and had to climb this long path back up. I thought you had two walk between these two pits near the end and I tried it many times and fell in again and again. I threw my controller at the door and it broke lol.

I then plugged in my other controller and realized you could walk to to edge of the screen and a new area was shown and you never had to go between the two pits lol.

I can also relate to others and their yelling at the tv in anger. Just this weekend I was yelling at Persona 4 as I hadn't saved in over and hour and then went into a battle to be 1 hit killed :(

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Back in high school I broke one of my ps1 pads playing Legend of Dragoon. I still remember there was the desert area with sand pits all around and if you walked two close you fell in and had to climb this long path back up. I thought you had two walk between these two pits near the end and I tried it many times and fell in again and again. I threw my controller at the door and it broke lol.

I then plugged in my other controller and realized you could walk to to edge of the screen and a new area was shown and you never had to go between the two pits lol.

I can also relate to others and their yelling at the tv in anger. Just this weekend I was yelling at Persona 4 as I hadn't saved in over and hour and then went into a battle to be 1 hit killed :(

Haha, reminds me of when I first played Final Fantasy VII back in the day. After you first meet Aeris and you're supposed to take her home, through the Sector 7 slums. I walked around the town for like an hour and could not find her house. I found out I'd been walking right past the entrance to the next screen the entire time.

Hide

Banned
My Contribution:

1990 (Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, NES):

I was 8, my brother 6.
you could lift and carry this big apple around and hurl it
at enemies and i was cornered with a couple enemies and told my bro
to throw the apple at them and he didn't.

2nd time it happened again and I told him to let me carry the apple.
He didn't and then i turned it off and unplugged the 2p controller so I could try beating the game alone.

He then started to cry and it aroused mum's attention.
My mom was of course annoyed and she proceeded to turn it off so none of us could play. I was so angry to the point and knowing that I couldn't spank that little asswart, I opened the fridge, took out and egg, and smashed it on the top of my brother's head.

Of course, mom knew when he started cryin'. I was chased across the living room and ran straight to the washroom upstairs with the intention of locking myself in there till her anger subsided. just as she was about to get a hold of me, she slipped and fell on her butt right before the bathroom door and I was like standing there looking like a fool not knowing what to do.

I immediatly regretted afterwards but was still pissed at my sibling.

After that he was fairly cooperative and we had lotsa good old nes/genesis love.

1992: (Double Dragon 3, NES)

I don't care about other opinions when it comes to this game but it fckin sucked saggin tits. I was so mad that i laid the smackdown with my fist on the top on the nes. I continued by using a tracing pencil from art class and scribbled 'Nintendo Sucks!' on the grey outer case.

I forgot when it was but I once treated a controller so bad while playing Genesis Superman that the 'A' button got permaneantly depressed. I threw it on the floor countless times too, not the wall.

Can't remember anything else within my memory.

good times.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Probably the worst I ever did was stomp the floor, Causing the NES to reset....

I always credited video games with helping me curb expressions of frustration and shit... I always though it really wac to let a video game get the best of you...

But I always had an issue with other frustrations causing crazy outbursts in other situations. Especially on the shop floor. I'd get so pissed off that I'd smash my hard hat or start kicking the fuck out of the lumber pack I was working on. But most of it was to fire up the people around me.. And let them know that even though I was sucking ass, I really really cared to do a good job...

I am much more mellow now tho.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
With that said, I've broken a few controllers playing Street Fighter 2 on SNES.

I can't even remember how many SNES controllers I destroyed because of SF2. I used to play next to the fireplace in our basement and I'd whip the controller around and smash it into the bricks. Eventually I ripped the game out, smashed it to bits until the entire case blew apart. You could still plug it in and play it though so I sold it to my neighbors for cheap. Didn't want to deal with that game anymore.

I wasn't as bad as Merc, but I had my years of gamer rage. Broke a few AES controllers as well and those are way more expensive and hard to replace than SNES ones. :crying: I don't break shit anymore though, thank goodness.