Games destroyed by someones rage..

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I can't even remember how many SNES controllers I destroyed because of SF2. I used to play next to the fireplace in our basement and I'd whip the controller around and smash it into the bricks. Eventually I ripped the game out, smashed it to bits until the entire case blew apart. You could still plug it in and play it though so I sold it to my neighbors for cheap. Didn't want to deal with that game anymore.

I wasn't as bad as Merc, but I had my years of gamer rage. Broke a few AES controllers as well and those are way more expensive and hard to replace than SNES ones. :crying: I don't break shit anymore though, thank goodness.

I hope you have some backup controllers and joysticks because the next time we play HD remix you're gonna be breaking shit again after I break that claw off of your arm!

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
I went through my mercifully brief "destructive" phase with the Sega Genesis, and broke numerous 3-button pads in fits of game rage.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure I made a similar thread to this a couple years ago and everyone was all like I don't let shit like that get to me, I'm not a spaz ect.

When I was a kid my buddy used to chuck controllers at his TV and knock his NES off the top of his TV frequently. I remember playing Viper on NES with him and thinking I sure as hell wasn't going to bring my genny over anytime soon. I think he may have been the one that broke my game genie.

Can't say say I've ever broken anything in a nerd fit of rage that I can remember.

I could be wrong though.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I've never had anything broken on purpose by someone else, but I did throw a Wico joystick at my Commodore 64 once in frustration, which resulted in one of the keys snapping off the keyboard. ;) I had to pay to have it repaired.

These days I just tend to yell at the screen when I am frustrated, and try not to swear if my daughter is in the house.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's painful to read about all the old hardware being destroyed.

~1994 My mom got angry and stomped on my Sega CD2 once. Wrecked it. She was tired of me putting my sock feet on the gas fireplace on the basement, so she got angry and said if I wasn't going to respect her things she was going to disrespect mine. That's a rare incident from her though, nothing else destroyed. I sent it to Sega and my mom paid to repair it. It came back working, and still works today, although it has some minor blemishes.

Around 1997 I got angry playing Pulstar on Neo Geo CD and kicked the drywall in an attempt to take out my anger in a safe way. Well, you forget how weak the drywall is, so I accidentally left big dents in it.

I've tossed a few NES controllers at the floor and slapped the top of my NES (causing the cartridge to pop up) a few times as a kid, but nothing that's wrecked anything. If I get angry, I try to release it in a non-destructive way.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Briggs, where are you man?

I can't believe nobody posted the pic yet.... :scratch:

bendor

Fio's Quartermaster
let my brother-in-law (who had five kids under the age of 7) borrow GTA vice city. when i went to get it back i found the disc under an area rug unbelievably scratched.

in my game room i have a Madden for SNES that i use to take out rage.

my friend was bugging me to play Wheel of Fortune on NES and i kept objecting. i finally gave in and the first puzzle was "WASTE OF TIME" i threw the controller at the nes and turn everything off in a frenzy and yelled "I TOLD YOU!!!!!"

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Nope...but

I threw NBA Jam for the PlayStation around the room many times. That game frustrated the fuck out of me. I got it well scratched...then I returned it to the place I rented it from. Good memories! :tickled:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
My Contribution:

1992: (Double Dragon 3, NES)

I don't care about other opinions when it comes to this game but it fckin sucked saggin tits. I was so mad that i laid the smackdown with my fist on the top on the nes. I continued by using a tracing pencil from art class and scribbled 'Nintendo Sucks!' on the grey outer case.

good times.

I don't care what anyone says either, That game fucking sucks donkey dick.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
My sister used to bite the snes pads when we were kids.

I used to do the exact same thing. When I convinced my parents to pick up the system with SMW, I became too easily enraged when I didn't know how to make Mario jump further. I used to think you could only press A which made him do that stupid twirly jump. :(

Einhander

Crazed MVS Addict
When I was around 10 I destroyed an NES advantage while playing Base Wars. I tried to steal home and was in a battle with the catcher. The catcher had the laser gun and caught me in his first shot which combos until death. I was so pissed that I karate chopped the stick and the ball flew and knocked a small dent on my bedroom door. I tried to glue it back but it wouldn't hold. That was my lesson to not do such things since we were poor and couldn't replace it.

On a "caused rage" note - Me and my friend were playing SF 3rd strike on DC at another friend's house and our friend was using that shitty Shadowblade stick. After many failed attempts of specials and supers in combination with getting beat down, he unplugged the controller took it to the kitchen and monkey stomped it. Me and my friend looked at each other and decided that it was time to go.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I love the NES Advantage. I own Contra and Jackal on that thing.