Ghostbusters Frozen Empire

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

The last one to me was good not memorable but good. I only think I watched it once. Paul Rudd seems out of place and I dislike Patton Oswald so hopefully he’s not in it a lot.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
There is only one good Ghostbusters movie. The other three are just increasingly worse versions of the same exact thing. The most recent wasn't even a fucking comedy. Just took the first movie and replaced all the jokes with callbacks. This will be trash. Should've just left it alone after the first movie.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
How the fuck did they get Bill Murray to come back AGAIN

famicommander

15 Year Member
How the fuck did they get Bill Murray to come back AGAIN
Because he spent all of 2022 getting completely shit on from all sides and now nobody else wants to work with him:
In April 2022, production of Being Mortal was suspended after Murray was accused of unspecified "inappropriate behavior". It was later reported in October that Murray had allegedly straddled a female production assistant and kissed or rubbed her on the mouth while the pair were wearing flu masks as part of COVID-19 protocols. The incident caused her to file an official complaint. Murray acknowledged what had happened, claiming what occurred was "jestful", while the "much younger" woman said she interpreted his actions as "entirely sexual" and was "horrified". The woman filed a complaint and received a settlement (Murray paid her $100,000), but she had to sign a non-disclosure agreement

In October 2022, Geena Davis alleged in her memoir Dying of Politeness that Murray harassed and yelled at her during the filming of Quick Change and that, during their first meeting in a hotel suite, he had pressured her to let him use a massage machine on her back. She also recalled a dual interview on The Arsenio Hall Show during which Murray repeatedly tried to pull down the spaghetti strap of her dress. That same month, Seth Green alleged that when he was nine years old, backstage on the Saturday Night Live set, Murray picked him up from a chair by his ankles and dangled him over a garbage can, before Green fell in after accidentally striking Murray in the testicles.

Back when Bill was still marketable and funny people pretended his bullshit was charming, but now that he's just another sad old man it's considered abusive and creepy.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I thought the Ghostbusters all had vaginas now, what happened to those guys/girls

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought the Ghostbusters all had vaginas now, what happened to those guys/girls
Nobody liked the gender-bent remake of the first movie so they shifted gears and made Ghostbusters: The Force Awakens.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There is only one good Ghostbusters movie. The other three are just increasingly worse versions of the same exact thing. The most recent wasn't even a fucking comedy. Just took the first movie and replaced all the jokes with callbacks. This will be trash. Should've just left it alone after the first movie.
gonna watch it?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
No. It took me three shitty sequels to learn my lesson but I done learned it good.
If you haven't watched this movie in 4 years I will buy you a takeout over the innanets. It's not even a bet, I want nothing for when I win.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Nobody liked the gender-bent remake of the first movie so they shifted gears and made Ghostbusters: The Force Awakens.

The Force Awakens was the gender-bending. Luke became (slightly more of) a woman, and Vader just became a bitch.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If you haven't watched this movie in 4 years I will buy you a takeout over the innanets. It's not even a bet, I want nothing for when I win.
I dunno man, I have a pretty solid streak of not watching MCU movies going

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Patton Oswalt was cool for a very long time but him throwing Dave Chappelle under the bus was one of the most despicable things I've seen a celebrity do. Literally ruined all of his work for me.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Patton Oswalt was cool for a very long time but him throwing Dave Chappelle under the bus was one of the most despicable things I've seen a celebrity do. Literally ruined all of his work for me.
What happened?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Basically, he's a bitch.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
WTF was that? It looked more like a random shitty MCU movie for kids than Ghostbusters.

I can't wait for the spooky ice to trap them in a Target for 20 minutes of blatant product placement and nostalgia regurgitation, whoops I mean comic relief and heartfelt character development.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Patton Oswalt is a dear. We all make mistakes. I love that guy.

If you're hating on Ghostbusters 2 I have to question if you were a kid in those days. We were all too young to know if the second was any worse than the first. We enjoyed it just the same. And I'm sorry if you grew up and became jaded and decided it sucked, because I remember having a great time watching it, and I will again the next time I see it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Patton Oswalt is a dear. We all make mistakes. I love that guy.

If you're hating on Ghostbusters 2 I have to question if you were a kid in those days. We were all too young to know if the second was any worse than the first. We enjoyed it just the same. And I'm sorry if you grew up and became jaded and decided it sucked, because I remember having a great time watching it, and I will again the next time I see it.
It's literally the same fucking movie, dude. It's one of the laziest sequels of all time. All the characters start the movie in the same place they started the first movie and they just do it all again.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
He panicked. Like all people on the alt-left, he thought once he became a darling of the letter people, he could just plant his flag and recreationally scold those who didn't keep up with the relentles leftward movement and enjoy the adulation without ever being left behind. When the same far left stance he planted his flag on inevitably became center-left and then just plain center as the alt-left continued their double time march toward looney tunes, and he got called out for being anti-progressiveness, he went into shock. Throwing Dave under the bus was just knee-jerk instinct like a drowning man clinging for anything to keep him afloat, even if he has to push others under to survive. He probably regrets that now, too.

But yeah, fuck that guy. He's the same level as the actors during the Red Scare informing on other actors and directors being commies and getting them blacklisted. Fuck him and all witch hunt douchebags throughout history. Not only did that move ruin all his past work for me, but if I ever saw him in LA, I would have to make a serious effort to restrain myself from spitting on him.