God of War III

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Taiso, how did you get passed the speeding barricades in The Challenge of Poseidon? I know you have to dash, but I guess the timing must be precise, huh? That section has been annoying the crap outta me for the past 3 days.

Sorry I didn't see this before, mang. Other peeps have already answered, though. Good luck!

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
swim down normally straight into the first foxhole, and the barricade should be at your back. Wait a moment for the next barricade and then follow it out and do 2 swim dashes into the next hole, then after the next barricade, swim out and look for a hole in the floor to swim into.

Yeah, that part annoyed the shit out of me. There's been more shit in GOW1 to make me put down the controller and walk away than GOW3. Right now, it's part 2 of the Ares fight. Soooo annoying.

I hear ya for the only part that really made me angry in GOW3 was the gauntlet underneath Daedalus until I switched my strategy as I had mentioned earlier in the thread and thank you both. Guess I'll give it another go.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Part 2 of the Ares fight on God mode was balls hard.

I thought it was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do in a video game.

Then I walked into Titan Mode in GoW II.

Ares fight stage 2 is NOTHING compared to saving the first translator in GoW II.

Not saying it isn't challenging. Just saying that it's wierd that part of the game, which once flustered me so much, is now barely a footnote in my God Of War challenge play memory.

I SERIOUSLY recommend not playing Titan Mode on GoW II unless you are a masochist. I am OCD in some things, so my personality type wouldn't let me turn away from it even though I should have.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You just lost any semblance of credibility you ever had.

I honestly didn't really like that level much.

Though I do think I realize what I did wrong, my own damn mistake there.

Rant retracted, somewhat, I guess.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I am OCD in some things, so my personality type wouldn't let me turn away from it even though I should have.

I used to be kinda like that (I was never really nuts about it, I guess), but I've managed to leave those ways behind me for the most part.

Hidden Character

20 Year Member
Update: It turns out I was holding R1 too long instead of letting Kratos get the full frame rate of the swim dash so after that, I've made it through most of the game and stopped at his internal conflict of saving his family inside his mind. Damn, those Kratos clones are annoying.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Update: It turns out I was holding R1 too long instead of letting Kratos get the full frame rate of the swim dash so after that, I've made it through most of the game and stopped at his internal conflict of saving his family inside his mind. Damn, those Kratos clones are annoying.

you and me both.

Hidden Character

20 Year Member
So I beat the game and started GOW2, but it looks like I'll have to devote at least half a day for The Challenge of The Gods to unlock the costumes and get the trophy since you can't choose them separately like in GOW3.

HeartlessNinny

So I beat the game and started GOW2, but it looks like I'll have to devote at least half a day for The Challenge of The Gods to unlock the costumes and get the trophy since you can't choose them separately like in GOW3.

The Challenge of the Gods isn't so bad. Only the last one took me a lot of tries, and you can do all of 'em in a couple hours. So don't worry about it eating your whole day or anything (unless you don't think you're very good at GoW).

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Has there been any news about the GoW3 costumes becoming available through non-preorder means?

HeartlessNinny

No, not yet.

At least mine finally arrived via email, though (thanks again, Taiso!).