I'm a Nuggets fan so at least he's out of our division

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
well, there goes Cleveland's chances of getting a repeat

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Pretty crazy news this morning. I'll bet those odds in Vegas have been going nuts today.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
OKC better trade Westbrook or they'll be totally fucked.

Durant leaving and getting nothing but salary cap room. Was a worse case scenario.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It doesn't necessarily mean Golden State will win it all next year. Miami had a team with three super stars for a number of years and they didn't destroy the league in the finals every year.

Talent isn't just math. There are so many intangibles to consider. Sometimes there isn't enough room on the floor for all that ego. It doesn't necessarily make GS a stronger team. Gotta wait it out.

I'd think it was awesome if it actually made them worse. I'm over GS.

Very happy for Lebron and Cleveland, tho. Dude finally redeemed himself in my eyes by nutting up and completing the mission.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
well, there goes Cleveland's chances of getting a repeat

yeah- between cla, curry, and durant- no one there wants to be third banana. they might not be as good with durant.

It doesn't necessarily mean Golden State will win it all next year. Miami had a team with three super stars for a number of years and they didn't destroy the league in the finals every year.

none of the big three there want to be bosh.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Yeah, saw this news on CNN earlier. Guess Lebron and Bosh going to Miami to team up with Wade started a precedent. The Warriors still have to be the favored team to win the Championship next season. It'll probably start off awkwardly at first with Durant trying to blend in and see where he fits in but after a while they'll learn to play with each other then they'll start rollin'.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Don't forget Clay, Draymond and Durant will play together this summer.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, saw this news on CNN earlier. Guess Lebron and Bosh going to Miami to team up with Wade started a precedent. The Warriors still have to be the favored team to win the Championship next season. It'll probably start off awkwardly at first with Durant trying to blend in and see where he fits in but after a while they'll learn to play with each other then they'll start rollin'.
LeBron and Bosh didn't set any precedent.

The Celtics did it when they won their last title with Garnett and Allen joining Pierce, and also the Lakers with Malone and Payton joining Kobe and Shaq the year Billups and the Pistons knocked them off.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
yeah- between cla, curry, and durant- no one there wants to be third banana. they might not be as good with durant.

none of the big three there want to be bosh.

Thompson will be the third wheel and he'll do it with a smile on his face.

Durant and Curry on the floor at the same time means a lot less focus defensively on Thompson, Green, and Igoudala.

There is no way any team in history would be made worse replacing Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant.

The only issue I see with the Warriors now is the lack of a rim protector. Irving and James did whatever they wanted in the finals when Bogut went down, and now he's going to Dallas. You have to figure they're going to want to keep bringing Iggy off the bench in the regular season, so Durant will probably start at the 3 with Green at the 4. We know who is going to play the guard positions, so who plays the 5?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
LeBron and Bosh didn't set any precedent.

The Celtics did it when they won their last title with Garnett and Allen joining Pierce, and also the Lakers with Malone and Payton joining Kobe and Shaq the year Billups and the Pistons knocked them off.

Also the Rockets did it with Barkley, Oljauwon, & Pippen...Then came Malone & Payton to the Lakers...Also Nash, Howard joining Kobe/Gasol/Artest team. The problem is that there is only one basketball. All it takes is one player to fuck up the chemistry. It was smart for Durant to just do a 1 year deal an another optional year in case doesn't work out.

With that said im glad Durant finally left that shit hole OKC. Now no more traces of the Sonics. I hope Westbrook leaves too, so the fan base will dwindle during rebuild mode. I doubt any big names would even want to go to OKC. I might even tune in the NBA to watch this happen.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
lol, Karl Malone did the same thing when he left the Jazz for the Lakers. Team was FULL of all stars, didn't get the ring.

Was a damn shame, too, because Malone talked all kinds of trash about Utah, then cried on the radio after the season, asking for forgiveness.

Steveotron

n00b
I know GSW have won it without KD but I think they need him. They need someone else whos got no problem driving to the whole when Curry is missing all his 3's and still getting minutes.

I mean what GSW did this season was impressive, but im happy Lebron and the Cavs won. feels like a journey has been completed. Plus I think Kyrie is ridiculously good, he deserved it.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
i like durant and am sad to see him leave okc it will be interesting to see how he plays with lebron and if they can repeat next year

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol, Karl Malone did the same thing when he left the Jazz for the Lakers. Team was FULL of all stars, didn't get the ring.

Was a damn shame, too, because Malone talked all kinds of trash about Utah, then cried on the radio after the season, asking for forgiveness.
This is true and I hope the same thing happens to KD. I don't give a shit about the Warriors, but KD took the pussy ass way, and now he deserves to be called a pussy ass.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
This is true and I hope the same thing happens to KD. I don't give a shit about the Warriors, but KD took the pussy ass way, and now he deserves to be called a pussy ass.

Okc.... traded James Harden so they could keep Serge Ibaka.... then traded Serge Ibaka.... can't resign Durant... only Westbrook is left.

If they offer Westbrook and he says he's gonna wait and hear offers from other teams, they almost HAVE to trade him.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
It'll take half a season for them to get their chemistry right (figure out the hierarchy, where people want the ball and when, etc.) but once they do, they're an impossible matchup.

This super team stuff has always been the bane of the NBA and I wish Durant would've gone somewhere where he could've built his own thing (honestly, the Thunder might've been the best team in the league if he had stuck around and they got one more elite defender) but as long as free agency exists in its current state, players are always going to give themselves the best chance at a title even if it hurts the all-around watchability of the product.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The difference is Durant was outspoken about partnering up and just went against his previous stance. Despite Lebron's asshat departure for Miami. He quickly regretted the decision due to public opinion. Durant should have known what the outcome was going to be. Yes it should be every players desire to be a champion. But the reality is most don't care. As you can see with this round of FA. The money is ludicrous. Durant's about to sign a huge extension with Nike. The contract money doesn't matter its simply a dick measurement for pecking order within the league.

A player's legacy is defined by titles no doubt. But if your only title comes with partnering up to get one. It negates the importance. I'm sure Lebron and the world will tell you that the Cleveland title is more significant than 2 Miami titles. The only part that shocks me is that Durant should have known better given the path Lebron already laid out.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Going to the team that beat you in the conference finals is title chasing of the worst order. Even worse when you're a former MVP and on a team that's already well put together and a clear title contender. The main reason OKC lost that series is because KD choked. He has no one to blame but himself on that.

I hope the Warriors end up like the Nash/Kobe/Dwight Lakers and explode before our eyes on the court.

Adding to it, there's rumors that Dwayne Wade is in talks to join the Cavaliers.

Yeesh.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah, I can see why he would do it. Probably learned that Westbrook was going to bail on the team next year or didn't think he could win it with OKC. Whatever the case this power move sucks for the game. I know the Miami super team and the Boston one took a few years to gel, but the Warriors team is already a well established team from top to bottom. So unless you're a Warriors fan, prepare for a whole lot of suckage.