KoF XIII Port this Winter

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
For anyone looking for a working PS2 -> PS3 adapter, pick up the InPin. It works great and I even prefer it + PSOne controllers for certain games. The combo feels more responsive than even the PS3's own DS3 when playing games like Wipeout HD.

I have had 0 issues using it to play XIII with my HRAP 2 SA.

cosign, my converter is a inpin.

also I am curious guys, did anyone NOT get the soundtrack bundle? I was kinda gonna wait on the game to see about the netcode (prolly should have :() but with all the positive talk in here I got all excited, so I went to the store on my way somewhere and there it was, complete with the soundtrack package that I was told was only a preorder bonus! so thinking I got lucky I went home and enjoyed the game for awhile, next day LWK gets it and says he got lucky too.

now I think all of them just had the CD's and I got tricked into thinking I was special! this is like my childhood all over again damnit.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
cosign, my converter is a inpin.

also I am curious guys, did anyone NOT get the soundtrack bundle? I was kinda gonna wait on the game to see about the netcode (prolly should have :() but with all the positive talk in here I got all excited, so I went to the store on my way somewhere and there it was, complete with the soundtrack package that I was told was only a preorder bonus! so thinking I got lucky I went home and enjoyed the game for awhile, next day LWK gets it and says he got lucky too.

now I think all of them just had the CD's and I got tricked into thinking I was special! this is like my childhood all over again damnit.

I didn't preorder mine either. I went to gamestop and asked for it and they said they had to go to the back to get it so the guy comes back with a stack of them and they all had the CD with it. She handed it to me and in my head I was like "WTF" but I didn't say anything. I think they all came with the CD.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
All three copies of the game I picked up (2 Xbox 360, one mine and one my nephew's, and my PS3 copy) all came with the soundtrack collection inside the shrinkwrap of the game case.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I didn't preorder mine either. I went to gamestop and asked for it and they said they had to go to the back to get it so the guy comes back with a stack of them and they all had the CD with it. She handed it to me and in my head I was like "WTF" but I didn't say anything. I think they all came with the CD.

Man aint that a bitch...preordered from Amazon for nothing.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It's ok with me. Good thing I was working last Tuesday and it was waiting for me at home. Now if I had been off of work waiting for the package to later discover that every piece of shit out the world could get the bonus.....well, let's just say it wouldn't be ok at that point.

My bonus was that it was delivered same damn day and I still paid less than I would have locally with taxes.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I didn't get any CD with any of the three I bought. My bonus was the cheap Korean prices. The game is published by SNKP in Korea, btw.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I didn't get any CD with any of the three I bought. My bonus was the cheap Korean prices. The game is published by SNKP in Korea, btw.

I've an extra soundtrack. Shoot me your addy, & you'll have it in time for xmas.

strider

duck duck goose
Been playing this all day and it really is great fun. Fantastic visuals, a great selection of characters, and deceptively deep contact that keeps me coming back for more. I'd love to see them attempt a new Garou.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
aw, you're a good dood, respect.

and you know how to raise a kid right I can see in your avatar :)

Cheers, XcomplexzX.

Even tho it's just puzzlers & racers atm (my lil ones are still well, little lol) they have the right tool for the job. 8^D

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
The SP movie in the gallery is a better intro than the consumer intro as some more animated scenes.
Hope SNKP are working on a new fighter as this ones pretty decent.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Not nitpicking; however, after netting both Story Mode achievements today I wish the cutscenes had voice acting.

Anyone else take to Atlus' FB page yet to request a patch(s)?

Top of the list for me is a toggle option for the filter.

It took popping XII in for me to notice, but the XIII filter is just not to my liking.

Lee Gray

Abit more animation and speech in those cut scenes would have been the icing on the cake.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Not nitpicking; however, after netting both Story Mode achievements today I wish the cutscenes had voice acting.

Anyone else take to Atlus' FB page yet to request a patch(s)?

Top of the list for me is a toggle option for the filter.

It took popping XII in for me to notice, but the XIII filter is just not to my liking.

yeah Wataru, I agree its throws me off not having any voices at all during the cut scenes especially since there are more than 20? cutscenes... maybe it was a budget thing, why go through with the effort in animating it if there isnt any voices to give it some weight?? ...its not like it would need to be lip synced either .

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I know spin would be down to do some voice acting, for free.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I haven't bought a current gen game since Mass Effect 2 but I'm def getting it on my next paycheck. I haven't played XII, you guys think its worth it for $20? I need a fighting stick so it will be a good chunk of cash but I was thinking maybe buy XII with a stick since its cheaper and wait on XIII another month or 2...

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I haven't bought a current gen game since Mass Effect 2 but I'm def getting it on my next paycheck. I haven't played XII, you guys think its worth it for $20? I need a fighting stick so it will be a good chunk of cash but I was thinking maybe buy XII with a stick since its cheaper and wait on XIII another month or 2...

Naw Outlaw, as Aformentioned by others, KOF Xii is just a Demo. you shouldnt pay money for a demo...
put your 20 bucks to good use and along with a trade in of 2 or 3 Old 360 or ps3 titles that maybe collecting dust, and Grab KOF Xiii instead? it isnt that expensive at 45 bucks- id make the search for a fighting stick to be secondary after grabbing XIII.

Last edited:

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Spent a lot of time on this game already, unlocking stuff, practicing, playing online matches...Best fighting game I've ever played, and totally worth the wait for all the extra details. Here's hoping SNK can do much more in the future, respect!!!

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Naw Outlaw, as Aformentioned by others, KOF Xii is just a Demo. you shouldnt pay money for a demo...
put your 20 bucks to good use and along with a trade in of 2 or 3 Old 360 or ps3 titles that maybe collecting dust, and Grab KOF Xiii instead? it isnt that expensive at 45 bucks- id make the search for a fighting stick to be secondary after grabbing XIII.

So I can still enjoy it with the 360 pad you say, hmmm then I'm picking it up on my next paycheck and hold off on the stick. Thanks for the input Gunstar:vik:

Lee Gray

I purchased kof XII yesterday to see the differences and I didnt like it that much, the moves felt very basic compared to XIII and it was over before I knew it.... whilst kof XIII, i have to say it is my fav kof and one of my fav beat em ups now....I am also glad in a way that there is only zoom during some of the super moves instead of all the time as makes the moves more fun to pull off to see.
It is very playable...just earned my trophy for pulling off 50 neo max finishes
I was almost swayed to the dark side thinking super street fighter 4 was awesome, but now playing this it feels a much better game and top notch contact.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Mine arrived and I like it. It's a fun game. But it only takes about fifteen minutes for me to really be reminded of the difference between the modern play style of fighters and older play style, and why I prefer the old. I'm sure I've talked about this before, but here it is again:

The old fighters from the first half of the 1990s were about out-thinking and outguessing your opponent using mostly a shared set of tools. Yeah, you had to be able to pull off a Power Geyser or Raising Storm at will, but it was more about getting in the mind of your opponent and anticipating them.

Fighters today are all about input command and not dropping combos. More about finger muscle memory than mind. Rushdown, rushdown, rushdown until you get an opening and then try not to drop the combo that will take more than half the bar in one swoop of near-endless juggling.

Fine. I can still have fun with it. But it's a different kind of game.

Lee Gray

Samurai Shodown 2 is one of the best fighting games off all time and hardly a combo in sight.
they should have an option where all special moves are disabled so it can be raw combat.
Imagine though how shit MVC would be then as half those fighters are shit without specials.