SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Best 2D fighter ever
shredder.gif

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The worst thing is that Ive just reciev ed my copy of KOFXIII and its a bloody 3.7x FW req game! So lose my cobra usb functionality and update or sit here shitty.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
just picked up my copy for half price at the "game" sale. very cool game!

Cool
EDIT: just brought myself a second copy from them as cheap plus had a few quid in points, so to support the game, atleast now i can read the booklet and open up the poster on one and turn the double sided cover over and keep the other in collectors condition.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
My Japanese copy arrived today from Play-Asia. While it was not in the cool red box that was previously shown in the official Japanese blog, it did come with the invitation letter.

It's small, but it really seems to be made with high quality. It came packed separately in the shipping box, and not within the game's cover. I got a $5 off coupon in case someone else is also interested:

GT-WRE-SDS

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Finally picked up Iori w/Flames. Man, this feels even more like a classic KOF now!

I have my PSN wallet loaded up and ready for NESTs KYO and Mr. Karate.

My body is ready.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I also actually just finally bought iori, had a friend over who uses him so I just bought him on the spot, I wasn't in a big hurry as I suck with the few characters I play already, no rush to get more characters, but I have the money in my psn account ready for when nests kyo comes too so that one will be a day one purchase :)

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I still need to get points myself on my PSN account so I can get Iori and what ever comes out. I don't normally like DLC for my games but seeing as SNKP can hardly afford to put out as many games as they use too I will buy whatever DLC they put out just to support them. I refuse to let them die on me, can't we just sacrifice SEGA to keep them living? We know they SEGA is never going to put out Shenmue 3 so we don't need them anymore.

Lee Gray

I am glad too that once you download the new backdrops,they appear during survival and time attack.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Holy shit, ART OF FIGHTING MR. KARATE!!!!

so fucking epic

If you have Ryo, AOF Mr. K, and Robert to back you up, how the f can you loose?

ps: thanks for the info k'127

Lee Gray

I wasnt sure if once you downloaded Kyo and Esaka that you would get more music added to the gallery section as there was already a couple of Esaka's on the list but when I just checked there was a goodbye Esaka arranged, plus a goodbye Esaka Neo Geo version.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Tried both.

Mr. Karate got a very nice f A command move, and he can cancel his normals by a super jump. He also has a DP, something the original Takuma lacked. His Hein Shippukaku can only be done in the air though. He doesn't say "Shuran Kaku" when he does the move :hammer:

NESTS Kyo is almost identical to 2002 Kyo, which means:

- You need to do press K again for the second hit in his qcf K
- his d/f HK can not be followed up

Both his 2002 HCB K, and the HCB K follow up to his [qcf LP hcb LP] are also missing, but he has the original Kyo's HCB K running grab. Besides that, and his EX moves, he plays almost excatly like 2002 Kyo. His background is AWESOME.

Lee Gray

I was just listening to his theme and it sounds so much like a samurai shodown theme, also the sound of his neo max reminds me of samurai shodown too.
Love his game end portrait.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Just want to chime in with some more Mr. Karate love. His stage is awesome as well.:buttrock:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
My friend bought him last week and I got to give him a test run. I like Mr. Karate... but he's weird. I'm trying to decide whether to stick with Takuma or make the switch to Mr. Karate. I watched a video with Xian using him and Xian had the same exact sentiments. Mr. Karate has more tools but he's so different and controls in such a weird way that it's hard to make the switch even though you like him. It's just gonna take some time and practice to adjust. I'm actually kinda glad that he's a bit bizarre because it makes the characters not be just a bunch of clones with small differences. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy him so I gotta just watch videos for now LOL.

Here is the video with Xian:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Part 3 of the Tutorial Series from Atlus:

http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

Seems to be intended for those who have good knowledge on other fighting games, but struggle with KOF. It goes through the combo system, tips on how to execute hops and how to use them ... etc. Very informative.

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
Lets hope its released everywhere else tomorrow.

I also noticed in the European playstation store you can buy those cute looking CHIBI KOF XIII avatars.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

Yeah I Got the Andy one and the themes. I logged in today and had to update the newest version and played some player matches and a ranked match and although I never changed the latency settings (maybe I should have done) the ranked match had lag.