Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Why would you try to show off your game with screen shots taken off of a monitor with a phone camera?

The only reason I can find is that they want to show the game the way it really looks on a CRT monitor, with scanlines and everything, that is only possible (AFAIK) taking a pic of the monitor itself. And they use the iPhone because it's what they have on hand I guess :)

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I know this is a far off dream but......I really wish they would release demos even on a Dreamcast disk or download to burn just to try before such expensive purchases. I know it would never happen and it may not help unless you have a DC and a Neo but even a steam 3 dollar sample level or something right before orders open.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
I know this is a far off dream but......I really wish they would release demos even on a Dreamcast disk or download to burn just to try before such expensive purchases. I know it would never happen and it may not help unless you have a DC and a Neo but even a steam 3 dollar sample level or something right before orders open.
They probably stand to make more money by keeping people in the dark. $500 scratcher, woo!
-ud

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He's standing above the ground line on the top of the grass against the building, unless he's standing on the post. I hope stuff like that gets fixed.

hahaha this is some AirRaid shit right there

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Anyone seen this update:-

Due to an arcade platform change this game may be not available anymore to consumers after the initial print in the MVS format. For now it will be available for pre order until 31th December 2015. AES pre orders are still scheduled. Our NEOGEO MVS/AES development continues. Details will come later this year.

Steveotron

n00b

Yeah I spotted that on the NG Dev page as well? what platform do you think it will be? do you think it has become too costly for them to Dev for AES/MVS? I hope not, I think that anybody still making games for the system is a bonus for the community, not that I have been here that long, but new games mean's new conversation. I hope they stick with it.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I am worried sales haven't been as good as expected so far. It also says orders are up to Dec 2015, I thought the game was supposed to ship just before that, or around that time.

Edit: having read it a few times now I think they mean the initial release will be Neo Geo, then it's moving to another arcade platform and they might not want to back port changes moving forward, and not do a reprint.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
They probably stand to make more money by keeping people in the dark. $500 scratcher, woo!
-ud

I'm afraid you might be unto something there, we have yet to see a video with the "fixed" jumping gravity. They insist on keeping that face sprite on the top which I feel is a dumb move as well but hey that's just my opinion.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member

This is very sad if it means they will no longer be making Neo Geo games past what they already have in the works.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
This is very sad if it means they will no longer be making Neo Geo games past what they already have in the works.

What platform would they move onto? If they are moving onto current gen stuff, it will surely mean digital only releases.

Also, if there is a release on another platform, I am afraid the Neo version will be left in the dust as far as updates, or whatever version comes out later will be superior/better.

What I wouldnt mind seeing would be a custom jamma PCB release, where they might not be so limited by the NEO hardware. Unlikely though... that would make it an even more niche market.

EDIT: They do say new arcade platform change. What could that be? I hope it's cart based. I guess maybe Naomi or Atomiwave? Both similar to dreamcast. Or maybe it will be something custom...

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
What platform would they move onto? If they are moving onto current gen stuff, it will surely mean digital only releases.

Also, if there is a release on another platform, I am afraid the Neo version will be left in the dust as far as updates, or whatever version comes out later will be superior/better.

What I wouldnt mind seeing would be a custom jamma PCB release, where they might not be so limited by the NEO hardware. Unlikely though... that would make it an even more niche market.

EDIT: They do say new arcade platform change. What could that be? I hope it's cart based. I guess maybe Naomi or Atomiwave? Both similar to dreamcast. Or maybe it will be something custom...

I could see it being something like the Taito X2; it would make the most sense to do it PC based with (relatively) low production costs.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I could see it being something like the Taito X2; it would make the most sense to do it PC based with (relatively) low production costs.

Not a lot of people own X1 and X2 system and I highly doubt they get a lot of orders from Arcade Ops.

I could see it as a STEAM with an X1/X2 release for the reasons you mention... but again, it will be even more of a niche market than MVS + AES.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I don't see any point in releasing something on STEAM or X2, etc.

The profit is in the know how to put these on neo; produce shells, boards, and cases and tap into that collector market.

If they go to STEAM or similar; they become one of literally thousands of independent game producers. Right now; they are one of two (assuming NeoBitz continues to develop games).

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

The profit is in the know how to put these on neo; produce shells, boards, and cases and tap into that collector market.

If they go to STEAM or similar; they become one of literally thousands of independent game producers. Right now; they are one of two (assuming NeoBitz continues to develop games).

They say another arcade platform specifically, so I wonder what they have in mind. Single game PCB maybe?

Steveotron

n00b

This.

After reading all the replies, then the NG Dev page again, I think it will be an additional arcade platform added to the list. I see no reason to abandon all the work they put in to get everything up and running on the Neo.

I think the Best bet is probably their own single game PCB.