Least Favorite Neo Games Thread

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
3-Count-Bout is definitely the most disappointing to me. It’s the video game equivalent of snake oil.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Currently Aerofighters 3 made it to the top of my "do not want" list.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
This thread is interesting in that it shows just how much of the Neo-Geo library some people have played.

I mean, Aero Fighters 3? KOF 94? Top Hunter? Samurai Shodown 1? Really now?

I sure would like to see you guys' reactions when you end up playing Fight Fever or Legend of Success Joe...

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
This thread is interesting in that it shows just how much of the Neo-Geo library some people have played.

I mean, Aero Fighters 3?
that one flew right over your head.

Missile

Another Striker
Not my least favourite but one i havent got into as much as other people is Dunk Dream (Street Hoop), really nicely presented + executed game, but just seems a bit simple to me, played it with a friend too, don't get me wrong - it was ok but not something i can see us playing again. Makes me wonder if there is a layer of depth i am missing?

What isnt very good at all? - yes Riding Hero, i have this game and have only ever played it for one session! it seemed very average and obviously i have other games so.....

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

Yeah.

Depressing, isn't it. Just like this entire thread. Opinions or ignorance? You decide. :)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
that one flew right over your head.

No I'm fully aware of what's going on with the game. So the joke is - pretend not to like the game because it's the source of all this recent drama? Pretend not to like the game because you can't afford the home cart? Not a really funny joke either way.

Considering some of the games people are listing as least favorite, it's hard to tell what's a joke and what's not.

pulkomania

n00b
One man's garbage ...

I sure would like to see you guys' reactions when you end up playing Fight Fever or Legend of Success Joe...

I actually like Fight Fever in a "so-horrible-it's-almost-awesome" kinda way, playing it for shits and giggles. It's like a very bad B-Movie you just LOVE to make fun of. :)

I even hunted down and bought the MVS cart. :cool:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What's with the bullshit? Let people make their own choices, if someone doesn't like KOF '98, that's fine. Not all games are meant for everyone to play.

There are no wrong choices here folks, keep it rolling.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Out of all the neo games I have played, there has to be atleast 20 really shit ones but Legend of success Joe and Nam 75 were not at all fun to play.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
What's with the bullshit? Let people make their own choices, if someone doesn't like KOF '98, that's fine. Not all games are meant for everyone to play.

There are no wrong choices here folks, keep it rolling.

I totally agree. Plus, the thread isn't asking for the worst or most disliked game. It's asking for least favorite. I think people are missing the nuance there. Least favorite is something you still like, but not as much as your other favorites. To me, this would be something like MS4 or ST2 which is still good, but very disappointing based on the quality of the prior games in the series. If you don't like a game at all, it's not a favorite and thus by definition it cannot be your least favorite.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You just don't know how shitty it can get until you own Power Spikes II.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Over Top. The one time I played it made me regret ever playing it that one time.
Also, 3 Count Bout. I love the art, but actually playing the game is as enjoyable as getting a prostate exam from Captain Hook.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I totally agree. Plus, the thread isn't asking for the worst or most disliked game. It's asking for least favorite. I think people are missing the nuance there. Least favorite is something you still like, but not as much as your other favorites. To me, this would be something like MS4 or ST2 which is still good, but very disappointing based on the quality of the prior games in the series. If you don't like a game at all, it's not a favorite and thus by definition it cannot be your least favorite.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ii know what your saying; but when i said Power Spikes 2 i didn't mean least favorite i meant i fucking hate it. it truly is awful.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
3 Count Bout & Galaxy Fight...I don't think hate is a strong enough words for how I felt about these 2...they left the library super fast.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
KOF94. I found it to be a chore to play, and it nearly turned me off from the entire series. I'm so glad I discovered KOF98.

You know, this post ended up being super ironic. KOF94 is the only KOF MVS cart I currently own because it was one of the cheapest games I could get that would also arrive within a day of ordering it, and I'm finding it to be not that bad. I still refuse to play team mode because team edit isn't allowed, but as a single fighter fighting game, it reminds me a lot of Fatal Fury Special.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
You know, this post ended up being super ironic. KOF94 is the only KOF MVS cart I currently own because it was one of the cheapest games I could get that would also arrive within a day of ordering it, and I'm finding it to be not that bad. I still refuse to play team mode because team edit isn't allowed, but as a single fighter fighting game, it reminds me a lot of Fatal Fury Special.

Yea, it's really only in comparison to the other games in the series that it gets worse. It all depends on your point of reference. I have the whole series on MVS and the only ones I ever play are '99 and 2003 (I see what people like about '98 though).

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza

Sam Sho 1 is one of my all time favorites. Aero Fighters 3 is pretty high up there too (AF2 was the best imo). The worst game i ever played Pop N Bounce. I had the cart just after Xian Xi had it and it was a pile of hot garbage.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sam Sho 1 is one of my all time favorites. Aero Fighters 3 is pretty high up there too (AF2 was the best imo). The worst game i ever played Pop N Bounce. I had the cart just after Xian Xi had it and it was a pile of hot garbage.

Not Pop n bounce dude, that was Super Bubble Pop. That's how bad that game was that you forgot the name of it. I owned it for 10 minutes literally and I think you owned it for almost the same amount of time.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I actually like overtop. The controls take a little finesse, but once down I find it more enjoyable than neo drift out.

Now that I think about it, it may have been Neo Drift Out. Phoenix Down brought it up back when I had a Neo gathering in 2003.