Mayweather vs Pac: who ya got?

Who wins on Saturday- Mayweather or Pacquiao?

• Mayweather! Wife-beaters make good boxers!

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Pac! Income taxes are for schmoes, and so is pro basketball!

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It's the fight of the century, if we pretend it's still 2008!

Anyway, pick who you think takes it. I'm also curious how many people are ponying up $100 for the PPV. I briefly considered hitting up a bar, but they're going to be packed more so even than usual, I think, due to the crazy high price (and there will be more cover charges, 'cause that is going to be expensive to buy a license for).

Mayweather is still the best in the business, though the way he's done it is less than impressive (hand-picks opponents, etc). Pac is still ranked #2 in P4P on most sites, but he's clearly not who he used to be. They're both generally morons as people. But one has to win, I guess.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I think Pacquiao in his prime beats Mayweather in his prime but it's hard to bet against Mayweather in 2015.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I think they're both thoroughly terrible excuses for human beings.

That said, Mayweather is the greatest boxer of my lifetime and it's always amazing to watch him fight. Floyd by unanimous decision.

Mayweather has also fought pretty much all the best boxers in his weight range. Maidana twice, De La Hoya, Alvarez, Marquez, Gatti, Judah, Mosely, Cotto, Hatton, Ortiz, Castillo twice. Claims that he dodges fighters are mostly unfounded, and I think Floyd beats Pacquiao in any era of their careers. Bob Arum is why this fight took so long to happen, regardless of whatever hoops the two jumped through in the past to avoid each other.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
I live in So Cal.... we have a strong Filipino presence here..... if Pac wins I'll never here the end of it from my coworkers... (works at a hospital) if he loses..... I'll never hear the end of it. :(

But I'm thinking pregame ng then going to buffalo wild wings and watching that sucker ��

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I think they're both thoroughly terrible excuses for human beings.

That said, Mayweather is the greatest boxer of my lifetime and it's always amazing to watch him fight. Floyd by unanimous decision.

Mayweather has also fought pretty much all the best boxers in his weight range. Maidana twice, De La Hoya, Alvarez, Marquez, Gatti, Judah, Mosely, Cotto, Hatton, Ortiz, Castillo twice. Claims that he dodges fighters are mostly unfounded, and I think Floyd beats Pacquiao in any era of their careers. Bob Arum is why this fight took so long to happen, regardless of whatever hoops the two jumped through in the past to avoid each other.

Remember when Pacquiao burst onto the scene though? He was absolutely lethal! Too bad we'll never see that matchup :(

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Remember when Pacquiao burst onto the scene though? He was absolutely lethal! Too bad we'll never see that matchup :(

I think the Marquez KO was the beginning of the end for Manny. It's, what, 99% certain that JMM was on insane amounts of juice, but still, that was brutal.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Pac was always overrated.

Marquez kicked his ass four times before the refs finally let him have a victory, and that was only because he left him face down and unconscious on the mat.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Pac was always overrated.

Marquez kicked his ass four times before the refs finally let him have a victory, and that was only because he left him face down and unconscious on the mat.

But he's a fantastic singer. And basketball player. And congressman.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
mayweather will win.

im rooting for pac.

mayweather dodged manny long enough for father time to catch him too.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I want Pac to win. He is younger, so he has that going for him. Mayweather is so damn good defensively (and boringly) it is going to be difficult.

I think if Mayweather wins (which the odds are calling for currently) his mouth will only get that much larger.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I want Pac to win. He is younger, so he has that going for him. Mayweather is so damn good defensively (and boringly) it is going to be difficult.

I think if Mayweather wins (which the odds are calling for currently) his mouth will only get that much larger.

pac is younger, but age springs on fighters at different times. pac has been fighting like an old man/ past his prime guy for a couple of years now. mayweather waited until the exact right time for him to do all but ensure his victory.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I want Pac to win, but I know Floyd will just hide using that chicken wing defense and get the decision.
The match will be boring and all of us will hate ourselves for watching it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
5 years ago i think Mayweather wins it easily...Pacquiao is a complete fighter now but lacks his punching power...Still he has chance, as Floyd is not as quick as he used to be. My gut is telling me some crazy controversial bullshit is going to happen me thinks. Cant believe im going to pay $100 for this PPV. I just want to be a part of the "Fight of the Century"! Also an excuse to hangout w/ my buddy & eat food.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Next you guys will be telling me that you're going to watch horses race on Saturday too.