Mayweather vs Pac: who ya got?

Who wins on Saturday- Mayweather or Pacquiao?

• Mayweather! Wife-beaters make good boxers!

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Pac! Income taxes are for schmoes, and so is pro basketball!

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, these guys need to remember that people watch their fights to be entertained.

Boxers have been so caught up in raw technique and playing it safe both in the ring and outside (picking who they fight), that it's been a boring sport for over a decade now.

People go to see guys clean each others clocks, not win on points.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Do yourselves a favor and watch the greatest fight of all time:

This is what boxing is all about. Guys exchanging punches with one another and being aggressive. Might as well nickname Mayweather the Running Man.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
In the old days fighters went to hospital after a top match, these guys took a quarter billion dollars, had no marks at all, didn't really need a shower and went bowling until the late hours .

Fight of the century :lolz:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Yeah, these guys need to remember that people watch their fights to be entertained.

Boxers have been so caught up in raw technique and playing it safe both in the ring and outside (picking who they fight), that it's been a boring sport for over a decade now.

People go to see guys clean each others clocks, not win on points.

It's like that in a lot of sports these days though. It's such a big business that sports people would rather win ugly with no charisma than lose putting on a good show.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Finally got the chance to watch the fight again the 2nd time without the commentary...I had Mayweather winning 8 out 12 rounds the first time around & dominating.

Round 1 - Mayweather wins this, he is stopping Manny from penetrating

Round 2 - Pacquiao got this for being more aggressive & got some hits in

Round 3 - Mayweather was able to get a lot of counters in the beginning but man, Mayweather was really fighting dirty in this round. Lots of clinches & even an elbow

Round 4 - Pacquiao best round, he rocked Mayweather & had a lot of good body shots too.

Round 5 - Mayweather hit Manny quite few times...Ref is allowing Mayweather to continue to clinch

Round 6 - Pacquiao wins this, Mayweather threw another elbow, clinched & did a lot of extra hits while doing so.

Mayweather Dad looks frustrated at Mayweather

Round 7 - Mayweather doing a lot of running. Couple headlocks too. He got his jab going & seem to control the match again.

Round 8 -Pacman won first half & Mayweather won the 2nd half. This was pretty even, i give a tie

Round 9 - Pacquaio did a really good job cutting mayweather off in the ring. Mayweather continues push Pacman head down after the clinch. Ref talks to the corner after the round but should be warning or taking points off Mayweather been doing it the whole match.

Round 10 - Pacquiao had a couple fury punches when he got Mayweather in the corner ropes. Mayweather didn't much at all except for one counter punch. I went with Pacquiao in this round.

Round 11 -Best round for Mayweather, he hit Pacquiao with a lot of clean shots & really dominated.

Round 12 -Final round for both fighters. Pacquiao with no urgency & Mayweather running. Terrible last round. No winners

So after the replay, i got Mayweather & Pacquiao winning 5 rounds each. Round 8 & 12 is a tossup. I would have given it a draw. Pacquiao was the aggressor of the match but fought a very cautious fight, i think the Marquez KO was still on his mind. Mayweather did what he usually does. I thought this would be the fight for him to actually show everyone who is the best. Lots of running & the last round was just i dont know haha. He ended up winning though which is all that really matters.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Finally got the chance to watch the fight again the 2nd time without the commentary...I had Mayweather winning 8 out 12 rounds the first time around & dominating.

Round 1 - Mayweather wins this, he is stopping Manny from penetrating

Round 2 - Pacquiao got this for being more aggressive & got some hits in

Round 3 - Mayweather was able to get a lot of counters in the beginning but man, Mayweather was really fighting dirty in this round. Lots of clinches & even an elbow

Round 4 - Pacquiao best round, he rocked Mayweather & had a lot of good body shots too.

Round 5 - Mayweather hit Manny quite few times...Ref is allowing Mayweather to continue to clinch

Round 6 - Pacquiao wins this, Mayweather threw another elbow, clinched & did a lot of extra hits while doing so.

Mayweather Dad looks frustrated at Mayweather

Round 7 - Mayweather doing a lot of running. Couple headlocks too. He got his jab going & seem to control the match again.

Round 8 -Pacman won first half & Mayweather won the 2nd half. This was pretty even, i give a tie

Round 9 - Pacquaio did a really good job cutting mayweather off in the ring. Mayweather continues push Pacman head down after the clinch. Ref talks to the corner after the round but should be warning or taking points off Mayweather been doing it the whole match.

Round 10 - Pacquiao had a couple fury punches when he got Mayweather in the corner ropes. Mayweather didn't much at all except for one counter punch. I went with Pacquiao in this round.

Round 11 -Best round for Mayweather, he hit Pacquiao with a lot of clean shots & really dominated.

Round 12 -Final round for both fighters. Pacquiao with no urgency & Mayweather running. Terrible last round. No winners

So after the replay, i got Mayweather & Pacquiao winning 5 rounds each. Round 8 & 12 is a tossup. I would have given it a draw. Pacquiao was the aggressor of the match but fought a very cautious fight, i think the Marquez KO was still on his mind. Mayweather did what he usually does. I thought this would be the fight for him to actually show everyone who is the best. Lots of running & the last round was just i dont know haha. He ended up winning though which is all that really matters.

agreed with this 100%

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I want Pac to win, but I know Floyd will just hide using that chicken wing defense and get the decision.
The match will be boring and all of us will hate ourselves for watching it.

45gLn9K.gif

---edit---
Glad I made some $$ on the side from this fight.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I totally should have bet money on this fight. We all knew Mayweather was going to win. Fuck me.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
Mayweather's defensive ability is unparalleled and that makes him standout from everybody else, but his idea of being the Best Ever Boxer?

Nobody, NOBODY watches a FIGHT so they can see who could avoid getting hit the most and simply outscoring his opponent. that's more PLAYING A GAME than actual FIGHTING. all of the other legends/icons of BOXING showed they could take a hit AND dish out some whoop ass.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Fuck that....

Pay $100 i have to get my money's worth...Its actually wasn't a terrible fight, there was just too much hype...Plus i wanted to see Pacquiao reason saying he won the fight. I thought he sounded like a sore loser which wasn't characteristic of him...After watching, i gave it a tie or Manny should have won because he was the aggressor of the fight. Floyd didn't do anything at all, he never hurt Manny. Manny rocked Floyd Round 4 & 6 & had most hard hits. If you were to have two different fighters with no commentary & they re-did the fight exactly how it turned out, i think the judges would have given it to the aggressor. In reality though, this is in Vegas, they still need to make more money w/ Mayweather "last fight". I got bamboozled.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Pacquiao was the aggressor. He wanted to exchange but every time he tried Mayweather would back away and keep his distance. I'm sorry but that shit isn't boxing. Both of them weren't even tired at the end of the fight
Looked like they could go another 12 rounds easily fighting that way. If I'm a judge I'm calling it a draw. Points for punches thrown that do no damage is ridiculous.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Pacquiao only landed 81 punches the whole fight. Floyd landed over 70 to the left side of Manny's face alone. Floyd threw more punches, landed more punches, landed more power punches, and hit with a higher percentage of his punches.

There's no way it was a draw. Floyd casually dominated the fight. He's a counter puncher; backing up, clutching, and dancing is what he does. It doesn't mean he wasn't being aggressive.

Pacquiao was completely and totally outlassed. It wasn't close.

famicommander

15 Year Member
There were only 13 clinches in the fight initiated by Mayweather. That's barely over one per round, which is far from excessive or uncommon in a championship boxing match.

CEDn0qZUkAEEI9z.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
There were only 13 clinches in the fight initiated by Mayweather. That's barely over one per round, which is far from excessive or uncommon in a championship boxing match.

CEDn0qZUkAEEI9z.jpg

What ever happened to a fighter winning because he kicked the other guys ass. Left his face all messed up or knocked the dude down a few times or even once. Your showing us a picture of a score sheet, lol. Who gives a shit what a paper says.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I was just countering the notion that Manny was the "aggressor". The objective facts say that he wasn't. In fact, he threw fewer punches in this fight than he has in at least his last 14 12-round bouts.

He just wildly threw punches, usually hitting air or Floyd's arms, while Mayweather consistently punished him.

The name of the game in boxing is to hit and not get hit. Floyd only really took damage in the fourth round of the fight. He may as well have been sparring beyond that.

Again, it wasn't a close fight. At all.

Both guys knew the rules and scoring system going into the fight. Everybody knew that Mayweather wasn't going to stand there and trade with him. Everybody knows that Mayweather hasn't been a knock out seeker in the last decade because of his fragile hands. Pacquiao knew how Floyd was going to fight and he was unable to do anything the whole damn fight.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

CEDn0qZUkAEEI9z.jpg

I don't get Mayweather apologists.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I was just countering the notion that Manny was the "aggressor". The objective facts say that he wasn't. In fact, he threw fewer punches in this fight than he has in at least his last 14 12-round bouts.

He just wildly threw punches, usually hitting air or Floyd's arms, while Mayweather consistently punished him.

The name of the game in boxing is to hit and not get hit. Floyd only really took damage in the fourth round of the fight. He may as well have been sparring beyond that.

Again, it wasn't a close fight. At all.

Both guys knew the rules and scoring system going into the fight. Everybody knew that Mayweather wasn't going to stand there and trade with him. Everybody knows that Mayweather hasn't been a knock out seeker in the last decade because of his fragile hands. Pacquiao knew how Floyd was going to fight and he was unable to do anything the whole damn fight.

When someone comes at you and you back away, that makes the guy your fighting the aggressor. Pac never backed away once in the fight. He was looking for a fight aND wilLLing to exchange blows with Mayweather but he never engaged . He would throw a 3 piece and back away. If his defense is topnotch which it is, he should be able to go toe to toe with Pac and knock him out, not back away.

You say "Punished", Pac was far from being punished. Both fighters weren't even scratched. Lol

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
This isn't fucking Rocky IV, it's real boxing. Different fighters have different styles. Pacquiao was chasing the whole fight because he was losing... badly. He wasn't being aggressive, he was desperate. The only way he was going to win was by knocking Mayweather out, and he couldn't.

Mayweather is a counter puncher. That's his game. It's up to his opponent to get him off his game, and Manny couldn't because he's an inferior fighter.

Mayweather wasn't even pushed after the fourth round.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You don't have to see Rocky Iv. Just go on youtube and watch Ali vs. Frazier. Pac was chasing Mayweather from the beginning to the end of the fight. Not because he was losing but because he wanted to knock him out. Floyd was just happy with landing more shots with his reach and keeping his distance. Mayweather may have beaten him on the score card but in my eyes no one really won that fight because there really was no fight.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
All I saw from that match is that Pacquiao was the only one chasing victory from the beginning, trying to attack Mayweather.
Mayweather made good use of his greater range and outsmarted Pacquiao with that strat.

Mayweather is too defensive to make one guy here stay awake until 4AM to watch the match... You have to learn the hard way I guess X____X