Metal Slug on BBC News

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Did you guys know it came out in 1995, was released in small numbers and costs £20,000 today? You play it on a Neo Geo, a console from 1990.

*Snigger*

Metal Slug is 2 minutes in.

Cool. Learn something old every day in this place!

Cheers Jock!

city41

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
To be fair it was released in small numbers for AES. That always bugged me. You could build a house out of KOF96 carts, why not make more slugs too?

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
To be fair it was released in small numbers for AES. That always bugged me. You could build a house out of KOF96 carts, why not make more slugs too?

Edit - removed bitchy comment about getting dates wrong.

Last edited:

city41

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
True, but it is amazing that he got the release date of the game and (if I’m being a nitpicking fudgepacker) the NGH wrong. It looks like an example of a collector that has the game because ‘it is rare’ rather than actually showing an interest in the actual game or hardware itself.
I'd cut him some slack. Who knows what being on national tv is like. Hell I was on a local news segment once and I was nervous as shit.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Don't be pedantic, mmj. National television, and he seemed totally comfortable, didn't stutter or say "uh or um" over and over like some do. He may have been off a year on a date here or there, but I thought he did great.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I already apologised but sure, I‘ll admit I jumped to a conclusion too quickly that it was another self appointed YouTube collector ‘expert’. There’s a lot of those about spreading misinformation about games they know nothing about.

This BBC segment wasn’t aimed at hardcore cell dweller nerds, it was light touch for the public. I remember being on live tv and in the moment / panic saying the wrong thing as well. In that spirit, I think Fraser did great.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The Japanese Metal Slug 1 AES is worth 20,000 pounds, now?

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
This thread, oh dear. Who doesn't recognise Frazer.
Damn noobs

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
I actually think that's pretty low. There were some sales in the past couple of years in the $60k+ range.
I think you're mixing it up with the US version.

never heard about a MS going for 60k+