Movies You Might Like if its Fans Weren't So Irritating

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
This one is gonna get me some hate, but.... Princess Bride. I thought it was a decent movie, but if you tell its fans that it's anything less than godly, they punch you in the face. I find that irritating.
I wouldn't say it's godly, but I still love it. It has a fun story and a good set of actors, and I think it's still worth watching despite the bizarrely obsessive fandom (with whom I'm somewhat acquainted, unfortunately). It managed to be better than the book, I think.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Black Dynamite.

Actually I found this movie to be complete shit before I found the fans obnoxious as all fuck out.

Say it ain't so brotha! You really didn't like it?

Also, what fans? :tickled: I don't know anyone irl that digs it.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Aww man, Pitch Black is great. It's nothing mind blowing, but I thought it was a solid sci-fi horror film.

The Chronicles of Riddick was too epic for it's own good, however.

Escape from Butcher Bay (the game) is better than Chronicles of Riddick.

It's riddled with plot holes. I even gave it a second chance recently and it's still not that great of a movie.

The animated version is slightly more tolerable. Slightly.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Harry Potter(all of them)

It really is a great series, once you set aside the weirdo fans. Thankfully, the people that I know that love it aren't all crazy.

I love Legend, but almost purely from an audio/visual standpoint. The story is extremely threadbare, to the point where its only purpose is to keep everything moving through all the set pieces.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Star Wars?

Lord of the Rings?

Pretty much anything by Wes Anderson?

aria

Former Moderator
Great call on Napoleon Dynamite. I saw that movie the first few weeks it was out and loved it, it was totally unexpected... within a year it became embarrassing to say I liked it. I can say the same thing about the first Austin Powers movie.

Also, what fans? :tickled: I don't know anyone irl that digs it.

Wow, Alabama truly is the sticks.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's riddled with plot holes. I even gave it a second chance recently and it's still not that great of a movie.

The animated version is slightly more tolerable. Slightly.

The animation is meh.

Not sure which film you're talking about with regard to having plot holes, I'm guessing Chronicles of Riddick rather than Pitch Black.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I think people in this thread are naming movies that they don't like regardless of fans.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I think people in this thread are naming movies that they don't like regardless of fans.

That too. Though I did try liking the two I listed. It didn't quite pan out.

@Lagduf, it was Pitch Black.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Those don't count because they are great and if you don't like them you are a stupid banana head.

Haha, I do like them (except Tenenbaums), but I don't really want to like them.

Everyone I know who's into his movies speak of them like they're the epitome of wit and hilarity, and what a stupid banana head I am for not feeling the same way.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Akira. Hardly the mother of all anime films that some of its more obsessive fans make it out to be (and casual anime fans that only know about a handful of others).

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Pretty much every anime film or anything anime related I have ever liked ever.

I guess I kinda agree with donnie darko, I never thought it was anything too amazing but it was a cool definitely worth watching movie that I did enjoy but would not advertise I like it to avoid associating with certain people.

I would say star wars too but I am really not ashamed to like the original trilogy, who doesn't like the original trilogy. It just stops there for me, no interest in the prequels,books, games(aside from the AWESOME vector arcade one) or just the universe in general.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I'm surprised how many people said boondock saints.
I agree.

also, can't stand princesses bride because people are so fanatical about it.
guess the only new one I would add to the list is requiem for a dream.
but i think part of it isn't about the fans necessarily, but the being able to understand how a
drug based movie that ended so traumatically with it's lifetime effects
could be gauged as entertainment.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Crash

Yes I disliked the film, but I hate that people seem to think it somehow captured race relations in some beautiful fresh new way..

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Never mind quoting, the fans would act out entire chapters in costume.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm surprised to learn that Princess Bride has a fanatical following. My mom really likes that movie, and I saw it a decent number of times when I was little, but I didn't know people were crazy for it (although now that I think about it, a large number of my friends have seen it and apparently liked it quite a bit).

I'm not sure if I would have liked these movies if it weren't for the fans, but these were movies I saw because people always talked about how awesome they were, and when I finally saw them, I didn't enjoy them:

Fight Club
Superbad
The Hangover

It isn't a movie, but I don't understand why people go ape shit for Cowboy Bebop. I watched the whole series (minus the movie) probably 6 years ago now. I liked it enough to watch the whole thing, but I don't understand why people think it's "THE BESTEST SHOW EVAH!" Is it just the Final Fantasy 7 effect?

*Hides before he's stoned to death *