Movies You Might Like if its Fans Weren't So Irritating

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
I like it too, but the fans sure are annoying. Seems like most don't even get the movie, Tony isn't the hero.

Strange, I never heard anybody call Tony a hero. But I do agree that most fans miss the point in the basis of the character of Tony Montana. They tend to focus on his rise to power and success then his tragic end of the means he employed.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
well since this thread got revived -
I'm going to have to say BIG LEBOWSKI

I know all the quotes. So do you. No need to continue saying them.....or even have a thread dedicated to them ( yes I participated :) )

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Not a movie, but Axis Powers Hetalia (the anime series). For some reason it's infected far too many girls who go to anime conventions...

In response to a previous poster, at least Cowboy Bebop set a new bar for anime. I'm not going to excuse some of Bebop's fans or anything like that, but eh? At least the show is FAR better than a lot of these other things people get so obsessed over. Ah well.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Not a movie, but Axis Powers Hetalia (the anime series). For some reason it's infected far too many girls who go to anime conventions...

In response to a previous poster, at least Cowboy Bebop set a new bar for anime. I'm not going to excuse some of Bebop's fans or anything like that, but eh? At least the show is FAR better than a lot of these other things people get so obsessed over. Ah well.
Agreed i did liked cowboy bebop when it was frist released in the u.s but over the years it,became over hyped and afther a while i was annoyed by it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I can't watch that show any more.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Monty Python fans are pretty bad.
Although they have cooled down (maybe because it finally hit them that the movie isn't THAT great), but fans of The Dark Knight were pretty bad.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I still can't play a pen & paper RPG without some idiot quoting Monty Python.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I hate the people who worship "Being John Malkovich" it's an OK movie, but nothing great.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
biggest example I can think of is borat, I absolutely loved the borat segments on da ali g show, but the constant terrible borat accents EVERYWHERE had me going into the movie all negative. I don't know if it was the annoying fans or the fact that alot of the bits were similar to ones I've already seen but not quite as funny, but I definitely feel I didn't enjoy that one as much as I should have.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
You will all go to hell for your Python bashing.

Tak's hell of bad movies where you'll have to watch all scenes with Jar Jar Binks 'til the end of time.

See4

n00b
Even though I love this movie, and I own 2 copies of the graphic novel. I hate rabbid fans of 300. I feel the same way about Fight Club as well.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I'm somewhat surprised I didn't see them mentioned in the thread yet, maybe because no one else enjoyed them, but:

The View Askew movies

There was an entire segment of my generation that modeled themselves on Jay and Silent Bob.

Also, no one should ever cease to enjoy something because of the fanbase. You enjoyed it first because, well, you like it. It's not your fault that someone else who is far too impressionable doesn't know how to act once they are ingrained with the current flavor of the month.

Just revisit it in 10 years before it comes into vogue again and the cycle repeats itself.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I always thought the idea was stupid...that no one should hate the material based on its fans. I remember people hating Napoleon Dynamite for that reason.

But then I realized I hate Star Wars because of its fans.

Not 'hate', really.

But the only one I would bother to watch nowadays is A NEW HOPE.

Which some fan will come in here and tell me "It's not A NEW HOPE, it's either EPISODE IV or just STAR WARS. It wasn't called A NEW HOPE until the 90s when blahahblahyaddayadaa..."

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I'm somewhat surprised I didn't see them mentioned in the thread yet, maybe because no one else enjoyed them, but:

The View Askew movies

There was an entire segment of my generation that modeled themselves on Jay and Silent Bob.

we'll... I didn't mention those movies myself because to be honest I probably was one of the annoying fans of that series of movies, me and friends would quote that shit constantly and I probably was the exact kind of fan I bitched about with other movies lol. It sucks that I really am not as superior as I would like to feel sometimes:(

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I always thought the idea was stupid...that no one should hate the material based on its fans. I remember people hating Napoleon Dynamite for that reason.

But then I realized I hate Star Wars because of its fans.

Not 'hate', really.

But the only one I would bother to watch nowadays is A NEW HOPE.

Which some fan will come in here and tell me "It's not A NEW HOPE, it's either EPISODE IV or just STAR WARS. It wasn't called A NEW HOPE until the 90s when blahahblahyaddayadaa..."

The irony here is only fans of the movie call it "A New Hope"

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Men Alone 2: The Ky connection

I just don't see why they had to make a sequel. The first was wayyyyyy better. But now they're like, oh let's see what happens when we add KY jelly. Fucking ridiculous.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Nightmare Before Christmas.

Hot Topic would probably not exist if this movie had never come out. So fuck it for that, too.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
Nightmare Before Christmas.

Hot Topic would probably not exist if this movie had never come out. So fuck it for that, too.

wow so apt, that movie was like fucking mecca for all the 15 year old good charlotte fans I went to middle school with back in the day.

Also my 2 cents, not that I don't like it cause I do, but The Dark Knight's subway-stained joker-tshirt wearing fanbase can suck it

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Quentin Tarantino movies (especially Kill Bill)
Christopher Nolan movies (particularly Memento)
Star Wars

I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but most of the rest of their stuff (aside from maybe the Blancmange alien sketch) is pretty dull