Movies You Might Like if its Fans Weren't So Irritating

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I get that its the point, but that is what the Rocky Horror fan base is. Every showing I've gone to always has that "That guy". It's the person that went online and memorized every line to say. It is funny at first, but then it feels like director commentary during the movie. I'm always excited to hear some fresh new jokes during the film.

Having been deeply ingrained in the RHPS culture (I had a couple friends who were weekly cast members and several others who are fans), I can say that there are awesome and annoying people alike in the fanbase. I love the music and the campyness, and I have my favorite AP lines, but I couldn't see myself hanging out there every single week and shouting the same damn jokes as some diehards do. Luckily, the local cast were dynamic and created theme nights, interesting pre-shows, different dance routines, and varying lines for each show. Even so... once every few months was more than enough.

If it makes you feel any better, the cast members were also tired of the rote jokes:

Audience: Same set, different lighting, cheap bastards!
Cast: Same line, different week, cheap fucking audience!