NBA season 21/22

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Tyron lue is a better coach then doc rivers , see the clippers roster and play calling vs doc play calling .

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Why Jokic is the MVP:
Nuggets, Bucks, and 76ers players listed by total WAR; the numbers next to them are their rank in the league as whole
1. Jokic (Nuggets) - 20.5
3. Embiid (76ers) - 10.9
4. Giannis (Bucks) - 10.8
11. Holliday (Bucks) - 7.6
42. Harden (76ers) - 5.3
68. Portis (Bucks) - 4.1
71. Middleton (Bucks) - 4.0
80. Thybulle (76ers) - 3.8
95. Maxey (76ers) - 3.3
98. Gordon (Nuggets) - 3.2
105. Connaughton (Bucks) - 3.0
105. Morris (Nuggets) - 3.0
112. Allen (Bucks) - 2.8
125. Hill (Bucks) - 2.5
149. Green (76ers) - 2.0
152. Hyland (Nuggets) - 1.9
158. Harris (76ers) - 1.7
162. Niang (76ers) - 1.6
168. Bembry (Bucks) - 1.5
168. Barton (Nuggets) - 1.5

Jokic is carrying a bunch of G-League dudes.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Suns win ugly against the Warriors, but a win is a win. Evened up the series, which means the Suns will have not lost a single series to any team this season.

Now at 62-14, tying previous records from 92/93 and 04/05 for most wins in a season. No way they're losing six straight so that record is guaranteed to be broken.

Warriors are now in the 4th seed with Mavs in 3rd. Don't think anyone saw that coming. If that holds, then the Warriors are going to play the Nuggies. That'll be an interesting series. Jazz are also now 6th.

Spurs lost by a point to the Grizzlies, so Lakers are back in the 10th spot. Failing upward.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Only thing the Sun need for the playoff, a back up for the back up for cp3 cause he might get injured… and choked.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Only thing the Sun need for the playoff, a back up for the back up for cp3 cause he might get injured… and choked.
Suns plays quite a number of games without him and did quite well.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Nuggets' second best player is DeMarcus Cousins, who got cut by the Bucks earlier this season.

Jokic needs some god damn help. I don't think Porter is coming back. Not this year, or maybe ever. Max contract guy possibly done. Some nondescript "setback" in practice this week.

Jamal Murray has to come back and be the same guy he was before the injury or they're totally fucked in the playoffs.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tim Hardaway and George Karl (plus bitch ass Manu Ginobili) into the HOF.

Now to pretend like I give a shit due to their brief associations with the Nuggets.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns plays quite a number of games without him and did quite well.
Sure did.

Only problem is if Cam Payne also gets hurt. Then we're in real trouble. Point Book is rough, and Elfrid Payton is pretty much worthless.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Have we talked about how fucking crappy League Pass is yet? No? It's really fucking crappy.

Looking forward to the Jazz's first round exit, for whatever that's worth.

Fygee

20 Year Member
VPN will get around geolocation crap, but it sucks if you want to watch top tier teams thanks to a good number of games getting broadcast on TNT, ESPN, or NBA TV (which is just hilarious to me that you have to pay for an additional service for that).

famicommander

15 Year Member
FPPJC78VcAEAcPN

famicommander

15 Year Member

Fygee

20 Year Member
Ahhh. For some reason when I saw it, it was a bunch of random letter and number gobbledygook. Now it's appearing correctly.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
To hell with all the spreadsheets and shit.Giannis is the MVP this year. Watch the games and tell me differently.

famicommander

15 Year Member
To hell with all the spreadsheets and shit.Giannis is the MVP this year. Watch the games and tell me differently.
Jokic today:
38 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

If you take Giannis off the Bucks, they easily still make the playoffs because their roster is great. Middleton and Holiday especially, but even their depth is better than the guys the Nuggets have starting right now. Jeff fucking Green is staring in 2022. That motherfucker played for the Supersonics.

If you take Jokic off this Nuggets squad, they'd be lucky to win 15 games. That's not an exaggeration. They have not one, but TWO max contract guys out for the year. Murray hasn't played at all, Porter played 9 games hobbled with a back injury and then had several surgeries.

Jokic was the MVP last season and this season he's averaging more points, more rebounds, more steals, more blocks, and shooting a higher percentage from the field despite playing with a much worse team around him. His assists are down from 8.3 to 8.0; that's the only area he's regressed and that's because the Nuggets are the #23 team in the NBA for shooting percentage (and that's with Jokic shooting nearly 60%).

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Lakers are awful. I went to Friday's game and thought they would win. Lebron had 36 or 38 by the end of the third. He sits out half of the fourth and Lakers give up the lead. He comes back and I believe score only two points as the offense began going through AD and Westbrook. They kept missing shots and were still getting passes. Lebron stopped shooting, Why?

They just lost again today after keeping it close for 3 quarters. They are awful in the 4th.

Denver has their number.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
I understand you love your team that’s admirable. However you are lying to yourself saying the Bucks are easily a playoff team without Giannis. This isn’t the old Eastern Conference that Lebron would destroy. Look at the Nets struggling to clinch. Nuggets won’t win shit this year as always. Watch the games not just the stat sheets. That’s the shit that allowed Nash to win back to back MVPs.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I understand you love your team that’s admirable. However you are lying to yourself saying the Bucks are easily a playoff team without Giannis. This isn’t the old Eastern Conference that Lebron would destroy. Look at the Nets struggling to clinch. Nuggets won’t win shit this year as always. Watch the games not just the stat sheets. That’s the shit that allowed Nash to win back to back MVPs.
The Nuggets and the Bucks have almost the same damn win total. And guess what? Both the Nuggets and the Bucks have a better record against teams from the East than they do against teams from the West.

Middleton was an All-Star this year and Holiday is a top 10 player in the league by all the advanced metrics.

The Nuggets' second best player is fucking Boogie Cousins, who got cut by the Bucks earlier this year. The best help Jokic has literally couldn't even ride the bench in Milwaukee this year.

You have not made a coherent argument. All you've said is "watch the games".

Jokic is the only player in the last 50 seasons to be in the league top 10 in points, rebounds, assists, and field goal percentage.

He's got a chance to win 50 games with a roster of G-League guys. Fucking Facundo Campazzo played 60 games for the Nuggets this year. Fucking Austin Rivers is the first guard off the bench, and sometimes they even try to play him at forward. Davon Reed is on a two way contract, he's quite literally a G-League guy, and he had to play 21 minutes today.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
VPN will get around geolocation crap, but it sucks if you want to watch top tier teams thanks to a good number of games getting broadcast on TNT, ESPN, or NBA TV (which is just hilarious to me that you have to pay for an additional service for that).

Yeah I got League Pass this year and enjoy it (being able to listen to the radio broadcast as well as both squads' announce teams is great... plus being able to watch the in-arena timeout stuff and not having to watch commercials... I'd do that for every sport if I could) but the number of games you can't watch because of television contracts is fucking ridiculous. The NBA TV games should at least be available. If I lived in my home team's area and couldn't watch local blackout games, I definitely wouldn't have gotten it in the first place and I'm still debating whether or not I'm gonna renew next year.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns lost to the freaking Thunder by 20.

Yeah, players were rested. Yeah, the game was basically meaningless (outside of breaking the season win record. But the Thunder weren't at full strength either, and it's just embarrassing to lose to a bottom of the barrel team, let alone by that much.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns broke the season wins record, and did so in glorious fashion by not just beating the Lakers, but also eliminating them from playoff contention.

Marvelous schadenfreude.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jokic goes for over 40 and 17 boards and the Nuggets completely wasted it.