K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Nice cab, welcome to the club!
Could use a better picture though :mr_t:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Arcade Game was nice enough to trade me his 12 button panel, and now I'm interested to hear what you guys think about button color selection. Initially I thought of doing something like this,
WP_001241_zpse6355034.jpg
Not sure what colors to use for Shots 5 & 6, right now just using extras I had kicking around, but maybe I should ditch the Neo theme altogether and do something totally different. Ideas and opinions on this?

Definitely interested to hear what other members that rock the 12 button panels on their Candies used for button colors/layouts.

I think a black rimmed grey button would make for good 5 + 6, but so far I haven't seen any button with that color combination.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Option#1: Not really big on having the 4 color layout on a 6-button panel, but if I was going to do something with buttons 5+6 I'd use probably use black and also black balltops to offset the imbalance a little. Option#2: I like Blue+Yellow on neo cabs because those are the colors that best represent the company. Option#3: The art on that panel is so funky, it might actually work to have buttons/balls that blend in rather than contrast.

11492060104_8240d7ecfc_z.jpg

Nerdygrrl

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
K-2 very nice pickup. Your collection of SNK cabs is ever growing! Is this one staying at home or going to your pal's place?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
@chempop
I like the purple quite a bit, I've been trying to think of a way to use Seimitsu's skeleton purple buttons, but was thinking maybe see-through buttons would turn out trashy lol. Blue and Yellow is a nice combo as well. Hmmmm.

@Nerdygrrl
What's up M! I've got the Big Red at my buddies shop, the Goldie, Astro and this new Neo Candy are at my place for the moment- running out of room lol.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Did a color swap on my panel that is close to something Chempop suggested a while back.
20140317_003543_zps4f4b9be5.jpg

It's a bit hard to tell, but the "lightning marks" on the panel are yellow and the deeper blues/purple on the CPO match the dark blue buttons. I swapped the sticks for LS-44s and the buttons are now my favorite "Money Buttons," AKA Sanwa OBSF-30RGs. The ball tops are Sanwa to match with the buttons and the shaft covers are Seimitsu which as you can see don't exactly match; especially true with the blue. Only thing I'm not sure about are the P1 & P2 start buttons which are leftover from my last scheme.

Critique at will

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
View attachment 12336

I really like the color scheme! I'll probably be adapting something similar with my Blast City.

The P1/P2 buttons are suitable as-is, honestly. Perhaps having them in solid black would work as well?

Good stuff. I approve.

-Stell

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Please do something about that P1 shaft cover :crying:

I'm not actually sure you can find a matching dark blue because it's not a seimitsu color. Maybe the qanba ones fit, if not, you could actually remove them all together but then you'd need new dust covers that fit (pretty sure standard JLF dust covers fits a de-shafted seimitsu LOL)

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Please do something about that P1 shaft cover :crying:

Lol!
Unfortunately I tried assembling the LS-40 without the shaft cover and it turns out that the shaft cover extends down to the spring between the CP and actuator, causing it to catch on something whenever I moved the stick. Too bad because I had leftover LS-32 dust washers that fit the de-shafted LS-32 perfectly. For the record this is CP layout OCD to the max haha.

I suppose I could get black shaft covers, the only other ones I have kicking around are red. Or, buy new sticks. Anybody try the new LS-58s? I really liked the LS-40 and find it to have a bit less dead zone over the 32s:loco:

billund

n00b
Well I am glad you can at least see the pic. All I get when I click on it is:

billund, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

:(

billund

n00b
Sweet. My pic showed up and I now have permissions! Thank you to whomever took care of that.

I am going to post a WTB/Trade thread. I need a new marquee to finish a project I have been working on with my cab:

Here is my marquee:

20140611_111201.jpg

Here is the marquee I need:

2014-05-24 22.35.26.jpg

If you are in the US and want to trade please let me know, or if you want to sell me the one I need that is cool as well

Thanks,

Bill

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Sweet. My pic showed up and I now have permissions! Thank you to whomever took care of that.

I am going to post a WTB/Trade thread. I need a new marquee to finish a project I have been working on with my cab:

Here is my marquee:

View attachment 16855

Here is the marquee I need:

View attachment 16856

If you are in the US and want to trade please let me know, or if you want to sell me the one I need that is cool as well

Thanks,

Bill

do you have the LCD in the marquee?

billund

n00b
Hey Lemony,

I have the LCD and the camera installed and working. Just need the Hyper marquee to finish the job :)

Thanks,

Bill

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Hey Lemony,

I have the LCD and the camera installed and working. Just need the Hyper marquee to finish the job :)

Thanks,

Bill

oh shit. That is incredibly bad ass!

I know basically what it's for, but can you refresh my memory on how they work?