NeoSD MVS/AES - General Consensus?

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I read the pc board for the mvs pro version needs to be flipped when playing on the Omega. Is the true and is there a slot for the SD card on the opposite side of the shell? I just ordered from SAG and looking forward to it.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
They put the sticker with the serial number on the SD slot on mine. The slot on the other side was empty. Funny guys.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I read the pc board for the mvs pro version needs to be flipped when playing on the Omega. Is the true and is there a slot for the SD card on the opposite side of the shell? I just ordered from SAG and looking forward to it.
Yep, there's already a hole there for all three of the ports, with a plastic cover that can be swapped to the other side of the shell. Pretty seamless. You do it once when you buy it, and then it's done. I bought mine used, and the previous owner already did it.

And it's not just for "The Omega" -- This is something anyone with a top-loading PCB, including multi-slots, should do. Honestly, they really should have just made it permanently that way. The only reason you'd want it facing the way it originally came is if you have a flat-loading MVS and you want the label to face up when it's inserted, which I think is stupid (that way the top spine label will be upside down).

I hope the others doing AES-style MVS shells like Vengeance Hunters aren't engaging in the folly, but if so hopefully those can be easily reversed too.

WindJammers CD always resets on the dog & frisbee minigame on my Neo SD Pro MVS.
Intriguing ...

That definitely has nothing to do with the CDZ or In-Game copy protection as per the NeoGeo Development Wiki.

Anyway, fingers crossed we'll have a more robust follow-up by the lads @ TerraOnion because the NeoSD is definitely the most cutting-edge ROM cartridge we've now got.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Neo SD pro mvs pushed back to mid to end of Feb from SAG. They sure knows how to string us along...

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Oh god how will you live!?
Says the person who probably got his a few years ago.

It's the bluetooth adapter all over again. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't lose it soon. :P
Why can't I just buy this shit over on Amazon and have it ship to me in 2 days. This hobby is one part waiting, the other part is venting on the forums.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Why can't I just buy this shit over on Amazon and have it ship to me in 2 days. This hobby is one part waiting, the other part is venting on the forums.
ffs, are you serious? These are specialty items from tiny hobby companies started by fans. The "gamer" community is so spoiled. If you think it's easy, try handling logistics of stocking a niche item with little indication of actual demand. Buying aftermarket items for old consoles requires patience.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Says the person who probably got his a few years ago.

Don't have a heart attack but I bought one, barely used it and then sold it.

Amazon? You're lucky you don't only have terraonion as a supplier. Go fuck yourself.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Keep complaining about how hard done by you are because you can't get your gaming shit quick enough.
I took a good 4-5 years off from the neo retro scene, or retro gaming in general due to work / life and picked up other hobbies along the way. Finally got the itch to play my neo stuff again and watched all these youtube videos of new gadgets for the system. But non of the products are available anymore because these products appears to be only available for a short run. I'm frustrated as I missed out on a lot of cool stuff.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I took a good 4-5 years off from the neo retro scene, or retro gaming in general due to work / life and picked up other hobbies along the way. Finally got the itch to play my neo stuff again and watched all these youtube videos of new gadgets for the system. But non of the products are available anymore because these products appears to be only available for a short run. I'm frustrated as I missed out on a lot of cool stuff.
What the fuck is wrong with you? No one cares about your retro life story chief. Get a grip.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
But you're coming on here complaining to a bunch of people in the same boat, who also couldn't just buy everything they wanted. We're all in this hobby, and it took legwork when we wanted to buy something.

And you're complaining about the NeoSD Pro, a product which is set to be in stock again in short order.

I wanted a Retrode to backup game saves. I always meant to get around to it, but now they aren't available. Same thing happened with the 3DO RGB mod.

It's just the nature of the hobby. If there's demand, something else will come around. It is about being in the right place at the right time (not that different from pre-ordering the newest console or iPhone really). You can always pay the jacked up price on ebay if you can't wait.

The idea that you should be able to buy these specialty items any time you feel like it is ludicrous. Amazon has created a generation of entitled consumers who don't appreciate supply chains.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I wanted a Retrode to backup game saves. I always meant to get around to it, but now they aren't available. Same thing happened with the 3DO RGB mod.
The Retrode 2 is back in stock at SAG, after years. They were listed for hundreds on ebay. It just shows how patience is a virtue with this stuff. It also helps to have your finances in order enough to afford these things when the opportunity arises.