OUYA anyone?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
The release date got pushed back a few weeks. Maybe they are getting Tommo to help with the distribution.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
So i just got my Ouya and I am running the neo.emu on it and playing Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

It's pretty damn awesome.

i have it paired with the ouya controller, wired 360 controller and my i-cade and all work very well.

For 99 bucks this is an awesome way to play neo games on a TV.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You could probably buy all the neo geo games on XBL for 99 bux and even get somewhat shitty online play.
I really see no point in this device unless you really need to play those android games on a TV.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
i have it paired with ... my i-cade

Reallllly?

I just happen to have an iCade Core sitting here largely unused and my Ouya should arrive Monday.

Never even dawned on me to pair it to the Ouya.

Nice.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
You could probably buy all the neo geo games on XBL for 99 bux and even get somewhat shitty online play.
I really see no point in this device unless you really need to play those android games on a TV.

And every NES, SNES, Genesis, Neo Pocket, TG16, etc? this thing is awesome for emulation. Plus it will eventually have netflix, hulu, etc (i have flixster running now)...so this thing officially kills the Roku.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
How is XBMC on it?

I want to replace a wdtv live with an Ouya. Plus with emulation, this thing should be a suitable modded xbox replacement too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
not officially released yet...i think there is a side loadable beta out there...will need to give it a shot.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
not officially released yet...i think there is a side loadable beta out there...will need to give it a shot.

Last time I tried, XBMC and VLAN player sucked (that was last month or something?). Stutters on HD video. Granted I just side-loaded something. Waiting for an officially optimized build... hopefully.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Reallllly?

I just happen to have an iCade Core sitting here largely unused and my Ouya should arrive Monday.

Never even dawned on me to pair it to the Ouya.

Nice.

Do you really need to go wireless? The stock buttons on the iCade core are really stiff. A Madcatz TE or Hori HRAP might work (haven't tried), but a Saturn USB pad did.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Do you really need to go wireless? The stock buttons on the iCade core are really stiff. A Madcatz TE or Hori HRAP might work (haven't tried), but a Saturn USB pad did.

Yeah I dislike the buttons on the iCade core. Need to replace them.

Or perhaps use a different controller all together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
He set them at 10%. they are much more visible at higher percentages (the default is 50% i think).

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
He set them at 10%. they are much more visible at higher percentages (the default is 50% i think).

Oh, OK. I thought it might be my laptop not displaying them properly...

Jon

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
In case anyone's interested,

you can run android apps on your PC with Blue Stacks

Been using it for awhile myself.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Fucking nice.

I am really, really hoping that this becomes the modern day modded XBox-like machine.

Would love to see something like Coinops running on this.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I'll stick with my Neo Geo AES and Flame Meister :smirk:

Good for you..I'll stick with my MVS collection too..but fortunately I don't live in a world where I can only do one thing one way.

I'm enjoying knightmare Tower right now:

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am thinking of getting Ouya for the emulators, it looks interesting thus far.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Just hooked up my Hot Rod SE with a PS/2 to USB adapter and it was recognized...played some Magical Drop III and it controlled quite well.

SSS

neo retired
anyone have Neo Geo X sticks they've tried hooking up to this thing? I've got some I rebuilt with OEM components that I use with a NUC. This looks like it could be way simpler

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Ohhhh that would be nice.

I have been meaning to get a USB stick for the Ouya and the NGX one might fit the bill...

SSS

neo retired
The stick on the neo x registers as a POV hat. Not sure if the Ouya would easily support this. The neo x sticks work perfect if you swap out the joystick base (part that holds the microswitches) for one from an original old style or the PS2 neo controller.