PC Engine/Turbo Grafx 16 Mini announced

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
I’m fine with the mini consoles—even though there are a ton of them now—as long as they’re not dogshit like the PlayStation classic and yes, the neo geo mini.

The Playstation classic is dogshit out of the box, but you can mod it to make it better, a lot better.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I think I gotta buy it because I can’t believe it’s being released. Lol

Talk about jumping on the console mini bandwagon :thevt:Still it's great at least konami is not sitting on the TG16/PCE,ips.Dunno if i'll buy one i all ready have a TG16+TurboCd and Duo-R with a decent size collection.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I didn't realize Konami had purchased the entire tg16 library. apparently they did...

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I didn't realize Konami had purchased the entire tg16 library. apparently they did...

Well they bought Hudson, who developed 90% of it. They even designed the hardware. Brilliant company. It’s a shame that they’re no more.

I can at least say that Konami seems to be treating the property fairly well so far. The switch bomberman game is pretty good, and well supported.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The Playstation classic is dogshit out of the box, but you can mod it to make it better, a lot better.
I never got around to getting a ps classic. But I'd heard people weren't fans. What was the issue with them?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Like stated emulation is poor. With Autobleem on a USB stick you can at least run most games with 57 Hz. I would recommend a Pi instead of a PS Classic when you go down the emulation route.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Well that's some shit. Especially with stuff like ePSXe and whatever running pretty much 101%, youd think the PSClassic would be top of the line.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Included games:

• TurboGrafx-16 Titles (in English)

Air Zonk
Alien Crush
Blazing Lazers
Bomberman ‘93
Bonk’s Revenge
Cadash
Chew-Man-Fu
Dungeon Explorer
J.J. & Jeff
Lords Of Thunder
Military Madness (Nectaris)
Moto Roader
Neutopia
Neutopia II
New Adventure Island
Ninjaspirit
Parasol Stars
Power Golf
Psychosis
R-Type
Soldier Blade
Space Harrier
Victory Run
Ys Book I&II

• PC Engine Titles (in Japanese)

Akumajō Dracula X Chi No Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood)
Aldynes
Appare! Gateball
Bomberman ‘94
Bomberman Panic Bomber
Chō Aniki
Daimakaimura (Ghouls ‘N’ Ghosts)
Dungeon Explorer
Fantasy Zone
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
Gradius (Nemesis)
Gradius II – Gofer No Yabō (Nemesis II)
Jaseiken Necromancer
Nectaris (Military Madness)
Neutopia
Neutopia II
Ninja Ryūkenden (Ninja Gaiden)
PC-Genjin (Bonk)
Salamander
Snatcher
Star Parodier (Fantasy Star Soldier)
Super Darius
Super Momotarō Dentetsu II
Super Star Soldier
The Kung Fu (China Warrior)
Ys I&II

https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/?ie=UTF8&language=en_US&node=6974564051

Salamander is switched with Tokimeki Memorial for the Japanese release.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Good list of games, better than I'd guess most people (including me) would have expected.

Konami is going to sell it solely on Amazon, with preorders starting on Prime Day. Not a fan of that.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
It’s a good list of games but really wish Bonk 1 and Gates of Thunder were on it.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
My most wanted were Lords and Gates of Thunder. I got 1 at least. I'll still buy it

It's pretty much a guarantee it will be hacked like every single other "mini" - so you can add GoT later for sure ;)

I'm honestly hoping these USB controllers will work with Raspberry Pi setups as well.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's pretty much a guarantee it will be hacked like every single other "mini" - so you can add GoT later for sure ;)

That's true, discussing game selections for the Minis is fun, but works only on a pure symbolical level. Thankfully.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I'm honestly hoping these USB controllers will work with Raspberry Pi setups as well.

Needs a usb ave3 and ave6 for me to care

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Preordered one. I had forgotten just how far out the release date is- 8 months' lead time is longer than it's been for most brand new consoles that I can remember.