Post Your Recent Purchases!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Picked up a HRAP3 for my brother for $37 bucks at a local game shop. And my order from focus attack came in yesterday. So ill be modding the hrap so he can enjoy kof and sf on stick, the right way.
Also ordered acouple of Kowals LS32 octogates. Have played on one before and decided to test them out. Probably try it on my cab since its the easiest to get to

hrap3pick.jpgBROOKS.jpg

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
good deal, aj. it looks a bit like my madcatz stick. once i have some money to throw away, i'm going to get me a hori for mame and fightcade.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Just got Magical Drop III and Neo Turf Masters. I could watch clips of those swing animations all day.

Yeah, that shit is pretty sexy looking from what I've seen in videos but I've never played Neo Turf Masters myself. What platform?

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Aluminum Case

Leaf-switch buttons

Modified♥Sanwa JLF 8-way joystick with circle restrictor, silent switches, heavy spring

Aluminum ball top

Polycarbonate laminated overlay

9 foot replaceable♥cord

that is awesome, dude. i always use a genesis/megadrive controller for my 2600. but i would love to have one of these.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
So my buddy knows how I just picked up my Model 1 Genesis and am trying to start getting games for it. I told him if he ever wanted to part with his Contra Hard Corps and Castlevania Bloodlines, I'd gladly buy them from him.

We were babysitting his daughter last week and he brought by his box o' stuff for me to take a look at. He says it's just collecting dust and asked if $100 for everything would be unreasonable. I told him that it was probably a little low and that he could get quite a bit more. But he insisted and I told him I would buy lunch a couple times too. He's also gonna bring by 2 extra controllers that he forgot.

View attachment 39819

Needless to say, it's a good feeling buying from your friends. Not only is he getting my money, but he's pretty stoked to come by and play some shit now that I picked up my XRGB Mini.

Awesome pickups

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
that is awesome, dude. i always use a genesis/megadrive controller for my 2600. but i would love to have one of these.

Split the difference, go with a Mega Drive arcade stick and satisfy both. :D
With that said, synbiosfan's new pickup has got to be one the sweetest Atari controllers ever to be made.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
good deal, aj. it looks a bit like my madcatz stick. once i have some money to throw away, i'm going to get me a hori for mame and fightcade.

whats wrong with your madcatz? You should be able to use it for mame/FC? Or you just want a hori?
Originally we were looking for a HORI ps4 kai stick for my brother. But we found this deal and the old school HRAP's are built like tanks, have a whole bunch of room inside for pcb(s) and have the perfect amount of space to play comfortably on them.
I have 3 hori tekken 5 sticks that i modded. Much love for the HRAP

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
whats wrong with your madcatz? You should be able to use it for mame/FC? Or you just want a hori?
Originally we were looking for a HORI ps4 kai stick for my brother. But we found this deal and the old school HRAP's are built like tanks, have a whole bunch of room inside for pcb(s) and have the perfect amount of space to play comfortably on them.
I have 3 hori tekken 5 sticks that i modded. Much love for the HRAP

my madcatz stick is fine, and i'm happy with it. but i just want one of them hori sticks. most agree that it's the best arcade feel stick out there. and they do look sweet, to.

Split the difference, go with a Mega Drive arcade stick and satisfy both. :D
With that said, synbiosfan's new pickup has got to be one the sweetest Atari controllers ever to be made.

i'm actually quite satisfied with using a genesis/megadrive controller with 2600 games. but i would love to own that custom atari stick.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
why people can pick up Hori stick and even KOF2k3 AES at locals?
I think I have no luck to find anything locally...........:(

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Got another big early Xmas score in today from literally old St. Nick/ wyo_vr4 :lolz:

Man between Mike & Nick I'm backlogged in games for a year at least. :help:

That's one seriously good line up of games MCF 76, congrats.

So my buddy knows how I just picked up my Model 1 Genesis and am trying to start getting games for it. I told him if he ever wanted to part with his Contra Hard Corps and Castlevania Bloodlines, I'd gladly buy them from him.

We were babysitting his daughter last week and he brought by his box o' stuff for me to take a look at. He says it's just collecting dust and asked if $100 for everything would be unreasonable. I told him that it was probably a little low and that he could get quite a bit more. But he insisted and I told him I would buy lunch a couple times too. He's also gonna bring by 2 extra controllers that he forgot.

View attachment 39819

Needless to say, it's a good feeling buying from your friends. Not only is he getting my money, but he's pretty stoked to come by and play some shit now that I picked up my XRGB Mini.
You had a steal Tjanko04, he must be a real good mate.

I finally managed to pick this up yesterday, been after it at a reasonable price for a long arse time.
Cart only and set me back 90 quid with postage, which i was happy with TBH.

20161012_155604.jpg

I've given it a few goes since i got it yesterday and it's more challenging than i thought it would be, underneath the cutesy stuff there's a tough shooter.
Similar to elemental master and undeadline.
Although i'd say that undeadline is more difficult.

Ip Man

15 Year Member

i'm surprised local shops even carry out retro stuff. i know there's only a hand full of shops in the whole of uk that handle retro now. only one left in london.

there was another one in central london years ago which kernow was interested in seeing. don't know if he actually went or not, but they did have some aes games. one mint kof 02 aes in a glass cabinet for around £200. should of bought it.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
Got lucky this weekend and picked up 4 mini cabs. Saw the first one listed on letgo for $125 about 45 minutes away and just jumped in the car before even getting ahold of the seller. When I got there, there were three more, and the dude said he didn't know if there were carts in them and he'd let me have them for $75 each. There were carts in all of them, and they're all working.

EnUMQm0.jpg

FGyaTBs.jpg

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Got lucky this weekend and picked up 4 mini cabs. Saw the first one listed on letgo for $125 about 45 minutes away and just jumped in the car before even getting ahold of the seller. When I got there, there were three more, and the dude said he didn't know if there were carts in them and he'd let me have them for $75 each. There were carts in all of them, and they're all working.

EnUMQm0.jpg

FGyaTBs.jpg

Hell yeah, sweet cabs for an obscene price in your favor!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

EnUMQm0.jpg

FGyaTBs.jpg

Aaahhahhaaahhhhaaaaaaaaahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahhahaaaaaaa..... Cabgasm....

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug

EnUMQm0.jpg

FGyaTBs.jpg

Holy fuck on a crumpet! Congrats on that, wow....

......can I have one?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Damn everybody is scoring like hell this week, love this thread keep shit coming.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
That's one seriously good line up of games MCF 76, congrats.

You had a steal Tjanko04, he must be a real good mate.

I finally managed to pick this up yesterday, been after it at a reasonable price for a long arse time.
Cart only and set me back 90 quid with postage, which i was happy with TBH.

View attachment 39831

I've given it a few goes since i got it yesterday and it's more challenging than i thought it would be, underneath the cutesy stuff there's a tough shooter.
Similar to elemental master and undeadline.
Although i'd say that undeadline is more difficult.

Never heard of it so I went ahead and took a look on the YouTubers. A run and gun where you're a little wizard shooting magic, ha! That's good stuff. I'm gonna try and keep an eye out for this and maybe snag one if there's one that won't break the bank.

I would play this myself, but I know my girls would absolutely love playing this game too.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

same shop also has acouple of aes games
-WHP for $499 (US version but the manual is the japanese neo cd manual)
-Ninja Combat for $199

Im not a AES person, too bad he doesnt have any mvs stuff, but hes a cool legit dude.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Awesome score there, aaronjmill! You going to keep them all?

If you keep at least 2, you should consider linking 'em for some League Bowling, etc!