Post Your Recent Purchases!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Never heard of it so I went ahead and took a look on the YouTubers. A run and gun where you're a little wizard shooting magic, ha! That's good stuff. I'm gonna try and keep an eye out for this and maybe snag one if there's one that won't break the bank.

I would play this myself, but I know my girls would absolutely love playing this game too.
It's a great game Tjanko04, and well worth tracking down, but you'll have to pay top dollar for it.
CIB it fetch's stupid money (you're looking at probably 500-600 dollars minimum).
Another of the MD games that's alway's been expensive because of the limited print run and jap only release.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
Awesome score there, aaronjmill! You going to keep them all?

If you keep at least 2, you should consider linking 'em for some League Bowling, etc!

Thanks! I already had one, so this is now five. I'm hooking up a friend with two who is trading me a nice, mint Galaga cabaret, and I'll likely keep the remaining three. League Bowling linkage would be sweet, I didn't even think about that.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Damn! Nice brotha very nice. How far you got to go to get it? Man I wish I had room for a nice cab lol.

30 mins away actually. Needs some steering work but other than that it looks pretty sound. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I get it in the house.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
same shop also has acouple of aes games
-WHP for $499 (US version but the manual is the japanese neo cd manual)
-Ninja Combat for $199

Im not a AES person, too bad he doesnt have any mvs stuff, but hes a cool legit dude.

Are you talking about a Houston area shop?

lot of MVS Carts gamer condition
Got this over the week-end, guy sent me an unknown cart since he wasn't able to test it.
2016-10-12 19_20_01-Program Manager.png

Then I tested it and it was:
2016-10-12 19_22_30-IMG_20161012_190015.jpg ?- Photos.jpg

At least it was a game I didn't have before.:smirk:

AES too

Also got this one from Ckchan, it was very very well packaged. I always pushed back the purchase of Karnov's Revenge since the 2000s for no good reasons, I ended up paying more than the double of the price back then but its a near mint copy and I've always like this title.

2016-10-12 19_37_31-Program Manager.jpg

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow that's a cool cart only lot there especially finding SS3 like that. That along with BAMR are on a grab list some day when I'm ready for them.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
14449222_267321120329237_7360788610573926400_n.jpg

Need to get keyboard and fix it (full recap), but hopefully I have it in working order soon.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
View attachment 39860

Need to get keyboard and fix it (full recap), but hopefully I have it in working order soon.

Hey congrats on that :). I honestly had no idea what that was until I did some googling. I'm pretty sure we never had anything like that in the US. Are they tough to come by in your area?

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Hey congrats on that :). I honestly had no idea what that was until I did some googling. I'm pretty sure we never had anything like that in the US. Are they tough to come by in your area?

They are but one of my friend is a collector that has x68ks, NECs, FM Towns, MSXs and other japanese computers and sometimes he offers me them when he get new ones. I have also bought two x68ks from him.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Got lucky this weekend and picked up 4 mini cabs. Saw the first one listed on letgo for $125 about 45 minutes away and just jumped in the car before even getting ahold of the seller. When I got there, there were three more, and the dude said he didn't know if there were carts in them and he'd let me have them for $75 each. There were carts in all of them, and they're all working.

I am super jealous, I would love one of the US big reds! Sadly the European MVS looks a bit meh in my opinion and getting one of those gems over here costs rather a lot especially as the £ is worth as much as monopoly money at the moment....

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
View attachment 39860

Very nice pickup miisalo. Good luck with your project.
Personally i'd love to have the console version of the fujitsu towns, the marty 2 but it's very expensive and the games ain't cheap either.
It's rated, but bombed in japan.

-SD-

Camel Slug
sstfPGI.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
30 mins away actually. Needs some steering work but other than that it looks pretty sound. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I get it in the house.

Did you go get it bro? Ready to see some pic's played this a lot in the cades back in the day.

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Just bought METAL SLUG 5 in this photo, 135 USD included shipping:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_fe3fc8207fb0829bdfc5096554cf7ef.jpg

I really hope in no-boot. :spock:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
ST-V.jpg

$80 + shipping, and Panda is working on a MODBIOS and stereo cable for me.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I got this

Hy7j2vr.jpg

Holly crap, you found an Interocitor?! Awesome.

Got another big early Xmas score in today from literally old St. Nick/ wyo_vr4 :lolz:

Man between Mike & Nick I'm backlogged in games for a year at least. :help:

That is a seriously amazing line-up of Genesis/MD games to score all at once. No fluff there at all. Even Space Harrier is still fun when you're in the mood for something simplistic.

So my buddy knows how I just picked up my Model 1 Genesis and am trying to start getting games for it. I told him if he ever wanted to part with his Contra Hard Corps and Castlevania Bloodlines, I'd gladly buy them from him.

We were babysitting his daughter last week and he brought by his box o' stuff for me to take a look at. He says it's just collecting dust and asked if $100 for everything would be unreasonable. I told him that it was probably a little low and that he could get quite a bit more. But he insisted and I told him I would buy lunch a couple times too. He's also gonna bring by 2 extra controllers that he forgot.

View attachment 39819

Needless to say, it's a good feeling buying from your friends. Not only is he getting my money, but he's pretty stoked to come by and play some shit now that I picked up my XRGB Mini.

Wow! Fantastic price. And you got Castlevania and Contra? That's like getting the rest of those games for free. It was nice of you to tell him this stuff could have sold for more. Feel good about this score!

I finally managed to pick this up yesterday, been after it at a reasonable price for a long arse time.
Cart only and set me back 90 quid with postage, which i was happy with TBH.

View attachment 39831

I've given it a few goes since i got it yesterday and it's more challenging than i thought it would be, underneath the cutesy stuff there's a tough shooter.
Similar to elemental master and undeadline.
Although i'd say that undeadline is more difficult.

I would also love to find this game someday. You did really well compared to what ebay tries to sell this sucker for. I also like hearing that it compares to Elemental Master; I love that game.

Got lucky this weekend and picked up 4 mini cabs. Saw the first one listed on letgo for $125 about 45 minutes away and just jumped in the car before even getting ahold of the seller. When I got there, there were three more, and the dude said he didn't know if there were carts in them and he'd let me have them for $75 each. There were carts in all of them, and they're all working.

EnUMQm0.jpg

FGyaTBs.jpg

Nice!!! You got all four cabs for less than my one cab!! lol That must have been a really fun day.

Needs a bunch of work but I got it playable last night considering...

18e82de01df5b0c0ed2873b26303021a.jpg

I wish I had more room. I would love to have a few arcade cabs. Outrun being one of them.
As it is my game room is pretty full with just one Big Red.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Yep, sure did. Needs a bunch of work but I got it playable last night considering...

18e82de01df5b0c0ed2873b26303021a.jpg

Damn, it looks pretty good cosmetic wise. What all you plan on doing to it besides fixing the steering mechanism?