Post Your Recent Purchases!

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
The last part of my prize from the FocusAttack contest I won a while back came in today!

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Pretty happy about landing a Ghosts N' Goblins PCB. I've always enjoyed the game, but that home NES port really doesn't do the game justice.

IMG_5393.JPG

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Thrifting is great, you find so many weird things.
zgXFTVal.jpg

Also sometimes you can find HD-DVDs for $1 each.
1Kmgur6l.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
HD DVDs are the next Laserdiscs.

What was exclusive to HD DVD and doesn't have a comparable modern HD option?

I don't think HD DVD will have the same legacy that Laserdiscs have.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

I don't think HD DVD will have the same legacy that Laserdiscs have.

Trip isn't the smartest guy around. He also bought a movie on divx which you cannot play anymore. Yes, he bought a movie that is unplayable. At least he didn't completely waste his money on these.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I still have a stack of HD DVDs I bought when they were firesaled. When can I cash in and retire on these? ;)

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

There really isn't anything I can think of that is worth it. But in secondary market you can get HD DVD for $1 or get BluRay for $5.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
The only movie I'd had a hard time replacing on Bluray was Slither, but that literally just got a BR release 2 months ago finally.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The only couple interesting HDDVDs I have is a German steel book import of Terminator 2 and the Japanese import of Equilibrium. When I bought them the Blu's weren't out yet. Im sure I'd get no where what I paid for them originally though.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I got the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive and like 25 movies for 20 bucks, so no complaints there. It wasn't that long after the format died, either. Like a few months. I already had a PS3 and a decent Blu Ray library at the time but I figured it was about the same quality and there was no way I was going to pay full price for all those same movies on Blu Ray.

But I'm onto that Ultra HD Blu Ray shit now. I wish I had an OLED TV but even on my standard LED they look amazing.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Snagged one in the wild for regular price. Let's see if Reggie comes through on a bunch being available as time goes on.

Screenshot_20170929-002341.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The only couple interesting HDDVDs I have is a German steel book import of Terminator 2 and the Japanese import of Equilibrium. When I bought them the Blu's weren't out yet. Im sure I'd get no where what I paid for them originally though.

I had a shit ton of import HD-DVDs. Sold em for about 1/2 of what I paid. They got watched quite a bit so I can't complain too much but yeah... good while the format lasted. Best Buy had stupid sales during the format wars. Aside from that most aren't even worth shipping. Later players are solid upscalers though.

Still have a couple dual sided discs laying around somewhere.

Last edited: