Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, the speaker. I've only seen one of those once in person. Still seems like a huge waste of space. Kind of cool to see it now though.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Oh man, I always wanted a Super Nova! That and a JAMMA-In-A-Box. Those were the first two superguns I drooled over. Very nice purchase!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
That was my first supergun back around 04/05. The only positive thing I can say about it is I liked that it was designed to have the PCB sit on top of it. Makes setting it up on a table or desk much neater and there's less risk of bumping or damaging the PCB.
I picked one up from Merc around a similar time and I concur, it’s best feature is that the PCB can sit on top of the Supergun. The sticks were tanks and if you like Happ parts you’re in luck. The video encoder they used was pretty shit though so the actual supergun its self left something to be desired. Got a Vega Jr. shortly after and sold the MAS Supernova, never looked back.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
There's a thing called a mister FPGA which means you can sell your janky superguns and goobpcbs x

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I picked one up from Merc around a similar time and I concur, it’s best feature is that the PCB can sit on top of the Supergun. The sticks were tanks and if you like Happ parts you’re in luck. The video encoder they used was pretty shit though so the actual supergun its self left something to be desired. Got a Vega Jr. shortly after and sold the MAS Supernova, never looked back.
If it's a nice supergun case, it would be pretty easy to mod it with stereo sound, a better video encoder, or just make it output RGB instead.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
It's that time, as my current hardware other than the GPU is about six-years old. I'm replacing everything except the case and the power supply.

My case is white and has a Sega logo on the front. My prior build was the Mark IV, so this will be the Mark V.

I am switching from Intel/Nvidia to all AMD for the better Linux compatibility, now that Valve has blown up that space with Proton and the Steam Deck. It'll be a Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot.

My old build is roughly equivalent to a PS5, so this one should future proof me at least through the mid-gen update and probably into the next generation.

Mark V.jpeg

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
It's that time, as my current hardware other than the GPU is about six-years old. I'm replacing everything except the case and the power supply.

My case is white and has a Sega logo on the front. My prior build was the Mark IV, so this will be the Mark V.

I am switching from Intel/Nvidia to all AMD for the better Linux compatibility, now that Valve has blown up that space with Proton and the Steam Deck. It'll be a Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot.

My old build is roughly equivalent to a PS5, so this one should future proof me at least through the mid-gen update and probably into the next generation.

View attachment 67586
Design sans titre.jpg

Nice choice

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
giphy.gif

That blurry first pic lol