Remakes/Reboots You Want

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Godhand- given Platinum's affinity for remakes I assume they either can't find a publisher or somehow lost the rights.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yes, and they have a similar approach towards Metroid. It's a pity, but then again, it's Nintendo. As soon as things turn slightly towards a more mature audience, they burry it.

What the fuck are you talking about? There was a Metroid in 2016, a Metroid in 2017, Metroid Prime 4 is in development, and they are possibly releasing the Prime Trilogy on Switch. There have been 10 Metroid releases since the last F-Zero.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nintendo hasn't given a shit about F-Zero for sixteen years, I doubt that's going to change anytime soon.

I believe Miyamoto said there isn't anything new to do with Fzero. He didn't want to make another racing game without adding something other than tracks.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I believe Miyamoto said there isn't anything new to do with Fzero. He didn't want to make another racing game without adding something other than tracks.

What he is saying is he doesn't want to fail where Sega knocked it out of the park.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
World Heroes 3 Concorde
Budokan
Kid Icarus
A current version for Archon also wouldn't hurt, though it has been remade a couple of times already

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The Game Gear Sonic games should be remade with the Sonic Mania engine.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

He means he doesn't know what gimmick/motion controls to needlessly implement into it yet. He may be legendary and influential, but his input on control schemes and mandating motion controls to different developers (Starfox Zero, DKC Returns Wii, etc) overall diminishes the game for the sake of waggle.

Nintendo proved that the Wii U and Switch can do F-Zero, as we saw in the Mario Kart 8 DLC. Once they get back to basics and build a game with an accessible control scheme in mind, i think F-zero and other dormant franchises stand a better chance

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Nobody expects them to re-invent F-Zero, just make a nice, fast paced game. And if don't feel like doing it yourself then hand it over to some people with experience, like the guys would made Fast Racing Neo, Shin'en.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There have been 10 Metroid releases since the last F-Zero.

Rather 8 since F-Zero Climax in 2004, if you count Metroid Prime Pinball or the Trilogy compilation, and still, most of those titles are outsourced or relegated to handhelds. It's a series that never enjoyed the kind of treatment like renowned Miyamoto IPs, despite being there from the beginning. Prime 4, instead of being a launch title for the Switch, is still TBA, which accurately shows how irrelevant Metroid is for Nintendo as a first party brand.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
My pipedream is a futuristic sequel to Crazy Taxi that is set in a city like NY from The Fifth Element. I would want the sequel to be an excuse to remaster the first game with the original soundtrack and branding in place.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Assault suits Valken. They remade the first game, Assault suit leynos.

The NES Friday the 13th would have worked if it had a better map and tutorials. That would be really cool.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Assault suits Valken. They remade the first game, Assault suit leynos.

There was a PS2 remake of Valken, but with bad controls and underwhelming interlaced graphics. It's a great game, I wouldn't mind a classy remake that would look like Armored Hunter Gunhound EX.