Wal-Mart shoppers across America

aria

Former Moderator
Oddly, the Wal-Mart right near my house has amazingly great customer service. All the cashiers are speedy and polite, the door greeters are friendly and if you ever ask a stocker where something is, they'll always be nice when telling you.

The Target that's only about half a mile though, hot damn that place sucks. Cashiers are whiny and rude, not even a generic "how are you today ?"

Also, even though Wal-Mart can have it's moments of "open up more lanes for fuck's sake", it's still far better than that Target. I have honestly never seen more than 2 register lanes open over. Even when it's hit hard during peak times.

At that Wal-Mart, if they get swamped, the assistant managers or even the mananger will open up a lane real quick to get a few people. If no customers are at the return lane, they'll get a couple of people to come over there. That Target doesn't do that stuff. Managers stand around chatting watching giant lines of people back up.

Or course these differences aren't really about Wal-Mart vs. Target as a whole. It's just the Wal-Mart is ran better. Managers making sure their staff is good.

Yeah, I also assumed it was a regional thing. While I didn't actually visit a Wal-Mart when I was in NW Arkansas (but I did see the original Walton's five and dime (now a visitors center)), I assume the Wal-Marts there are serious business.

The Targets in my area are great, but that's more likely because this is where they're headquartered (I live a block away from their HQ). Actually, they built an urban test store in downtown right before I moved here (2 stories, also has a small grocery section), and I've become used to having a Target store a half-block from my door. Its an interesting store because its next to the HQ so in the middle of a weekday you'll see various people from HQ (business casual with just the target building key card on their belts) either observing or seeing how various displays are working out in the store. They've actually made a lot of (good) changes since I first moved here seven years ago: the top two were they started and expanded the grocery section and got much later hours.

Meanwhile, a good number of the Wal-Marts out here are horrific.

Back in my hometown, Target and Wal-Mart started on the same level, then Wal-Mart started to seem a bit more downmarket... since I left, people refer to the three locations as the "Mexican" "Black" and "White" Wal-Marts based on the predominant customer base.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
This is the greatest site ever! Thank you!

119.jpg

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The few times I've gone to Wal-Mart by my house, they have that marvelous new invention sweeping all the supermarkets in Metro Phoenix...The U-Scan Lanes. Scan your own stuff, pay for it and leave. No fuss...no mess (unless it doesn't scan something right, then it becomes a nightmare!)

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I'll admit that I make an occasional foray into WAL-MART, but I'm in there like 20 minutes tops... In & Out. I've yet to see anything like this during my short visits there but I'm sure they have to be spot on. Mostly I'm a TARGET man, though the wife did get a membership to SAM'S Club. In there I haven't seen this either. Possibly this is just the locations I go to in SATX?

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Wal-Mart is the only department store within an hour of my hometown now that Pamida shut down.

That Pamida's death warrant was signed back in the early 2000s but I still miss it...worked there for a winter to pay for my wife's Xmas present. :(

Since it's the only option in town there aren't too many ghetto people there...mostly just bored teenagers fucking around in the toy department.

If you want real ghetto you to to FAMILY FUCKING DOLLAR BABY :loco:

I, like norton, hit up Target and Big Lots. Occasionally I'll go to Costco but it's such a pain in the ass to shop there. The Dollar Tree near my place has some kickass deals too as long as you do some research.

I'll hit up the site now.

EDIT:

2252.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :tickled:

aria

Former Moderator
BUMP,

they're keeping this site very well updated.

I still love the captions.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
The only reason I don't shop at Walmart right now is there isn't one near me. When I had a Supercenter within walking distance, that was my main grocery store, since it was close and had better prices than the two Vons in the area. Besides, seeing the people that shop there in person is a hoot.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I missed out on an amazing shot last week that I know would have made it on the site. It was a dual mexi-mullet couple. Both male and female had hair down to their lower backs. When I came up behind them with my camera on, the wife decided to tie her hair up.

:mad:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Okay, this was just too much, had to share this:

2551.jpg

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
302.jpg

I bet he wakes up every morning and yells "fuck the police"

EDIT: Me in 10 years

Last edited:

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
The pink pants is his way of supporting breast cancer awareness month.

SniperElite

Kula's Candy
Okay, this was just too much, had to share this:

2551.jpg

This pic had me rolling. If this guy was in my local wal-mart I would be afraid of busting out laughing right in front of him. :lol:
Great thread! Keep'em coming guys!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
297.jpg

This one is classic, love the Lucky Charms jacket. I mean, where the hell would you buy something like that? I wonder if there a Cap'n Crunch one? I'd totally wear it lol!

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
I got tears in my eyes from laughin so hard at some of these! Pure comedy gold that site. And like Bobak says, some of the captions are class!

this reminds me of how happy I am that there are no wal-marts in our country(well, not any more as far as I know)

Dude, I spent 9 years in Germany and there are similar freakshows walkin around there in similar style cheap ass shops... Penny Markt? Plus? Lidl ? Aldi?

come to think of it, in Scotland and England I have also seen quality examples of style and beauty just like on that site. I suppose every place has that kind of shit going on. But the american example there is gold. What really sets it apart as well are the car park shots.... you don't really get vehicles like that in Europe cause the law won't let you. That pick-up with the corvette back in the disabled lot has me in stitches.

Quality, quality site.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
297.jpg

This one is classic, love the Lucky Charms jacket. I mean, where the hell would you buy something like that? I wonder if there a Cap'n Crunch one? I'd totally wear it lol!

I saw this earlier and spat all over my laptop. One word came to mind: GANGSTAAAA

all three jackets are top drawer stuff. But the Scarface one takes the price due to the "bedazzled" necklace on it. I mean who the fuck would buy something like that thinking it makes them look cool? quality

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
*is relieved none of his relatives are on there*

Seriously. Those are my people. My family is from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missourah, and Bakersfield.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah, I also assumed it was a regional thing. While I didn't actually visit a Wal-Mart when I was in NW Arkansas (but I did see the original Walton's five and dime (now a visitors center)), I assume the Wal-Marts there are serious business.

The Targets in my area are great, but that's more likely because this is where they're headquartered (I live a block away from their HQ). Actually, they built an urban test store in downtown right before I moved here (2 stories, also has a small grocery section), and I've become used to having a Target store a half-block from my door. Its an interesting store because its next to the HQ so in the middle of a weekday you'll see various people from HQ (business casual with just the target building key card on their belts) either observing or seeing how various displays are working out in the store. They've actually made a lot of (good) changes since I first moved here seven years ago: the top two were they started and expanded the grocery section and got much later hours.

Meanwhile, a good number of the Wal-Marts out here are horrific.

Back in my hometown, Target and Wal-Mart started on the same level, then Wal-Mart started to seem a bit more downmarket... since I left, people refer to the three locations as the "Mexican" "Black" and "White" Wal-Marts based on the predominant customer base.
Overall nationwide though, I think Target is the discount store aimed more at yuppies and the young, while Wal-Mart gets the Fox News crowd. It's reflected in their advertising as well as the look and feel of the store, and that effects the crowd that comes in. I'm a loyal Target shopper for life, myself. I even buy 3M products here in Korea because I'm loyal to my home state. I like that Target doesn't sell cigarettes or guns and that they give money to local schools. Imagine Wal-Mart giving away some of their profits. I do realize they have many of the same labor issues as Wal-Mart though. Contrary to popular belief, the prices generally are not better at Wal-Mart; it depends on what products you're buying.