Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
D1 Milano x Metal Slug

vzig3MH.png

for fans :giggle:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Get a Hamilton Khaki or a Bulova Hack both with WW2 Military Heritage, both of those could be had for the same price about or less even, and have the same field watch look as the Metal Slug watch, but as you say fans are going to fan.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
D1 Milano x Metal Slug

vzig3MH.png

for fans :giggle:

I dont hate this....

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
These new Orients look like good value as Orient generally presents itself as

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I am soon gonna get the dreamcast watch i have detailed and worked on.. might message one of you guys before i do if anyone has some insight. Hate the fact (actual fact) that it is an original and the time cannot be adjusted. Gonna have some questions regarding this. Anyone up for some input?

fake

15 Year Member
I am soon gonna get the dreamcast watch i have detailed and worked on.. might message one of you guys before i do if anyone has some insight. Hate the fact (actual fact) that it is an original and the time cannot be adjusted. Gonna have some questions regarding this. Anyone up for some input?
I'd say just expect to spend an extra $200 bringing it to a watchmaker to get the movement repaired. One eBay listing says they brought it in for maintenance before putting it up for sale, so it must be a standard movement that a watchmaker would be familiar with.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

pic or something?

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I’m looking for a watch to use during more upscale occasions, is there a good recommendation(s) that will somewhat hold value and that is around $10k?

Ideally it would not be absurdly ostentatious looking either. Standard steel look, no gold or whatever other precious metals they might use in watches.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I’m looking for a watch to use during more upscale occasions, is there a good recommendation(s) that will somewhat hold value and that is around $10k?

Ideally it would not be absurdly ostentatious looking either. Standard steel look, no gold or whatever other precious metals they might use in watches.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

Speedmaster!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

Cartier Santos

Not my thing but might fit the description of what you’re going for.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Thanks all for the input. Will do some research on the watches mentioned. I’m totally new to the luxury watch game and it seems like there are an abundance of options/variations.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member

Like Kerns says, you can't go wrong with a Speedmaster.

With that said, the best all-round one watch you'll ever need, well you can't ignore the Submariner, it is THE watch. Unfortunately, everyone one and their mother wants one, so you can't (usuallly) buy retail, and the used market is crazy.

Sexy Subs.

taiwanese-frogmen-wearing-no-crown-guard-rolex-submariners-v0-gd3u26k39pbb1.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Like Kerns says, you can't go wrong with a Speedmaster.

With that said, the best all-round one watch you'll ever need, well you can't ignore the Submariner, it is THE watch. Unfortunately, everyone one and their mother wants one, so you can't (usuallly) buy retail, and the used market is crazy.

Sexy Subs.

View attachment 66989

I heard sub no date isn’t that bad of a wait. That’s the one I’d go for if I was looking at buying a Rollie. OP are nice too.

fake

15 Year Member

If you're really looking for something to hold its value, buying used could be a good idea. As long as you keep it in the same condition and get it serviced once in a while, you'll take less of a hit when reselling.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Got this watch for my wife a month or so back, and she loved it. She took it off and set it on the kitchen counter when she was doing something in the sink, and apparently one of the kids bumped it off the counter shortly thereafter. It only fell a few feet onto a linoleum floor. Wtf? Must have landed just perfectly. Have to look into warranty information.

20230719-110739.jpg

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
That had to have hit perfectly. These crystals are typically pretty damn tough. the good news is it's a cheap fix even if there is no warranty coverage.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Nice watch I have the same but with blue hands but yeah, you should be able to get it fixed pretty easily at a watch repair shop.