Watches

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Got this watch for my wife a month or so back, and she loved it. She took it off and set it on the kitchen counter when she was doing something in the sink, and apparently one of the kids bumped it off the counter shortly thereafter. It only fell a few feet onto a linoleum floor. Wtf? Must have landed just perfectly. Have to look into warranty information.

20230719-110739.jpg
Yep definitely got it on the sweet spot . I had a watch that I was wearing when someone at work frisbee a dvd case over and I caught it on the corner of my eye the last second the natural reaction was to block it with my hand and the dvd case corner make contact with the crown and completely broke it off .

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
It was questionable whether or not the crystal was covered under warranty, and I didn't like the idea of having to ship it to their facility in New Jersey, and having it take 6 to 8 weeks. So I checked around locally and found a reputable repair shop. He's ordering a new crystal from Seiko and is going to repair it in house. Estimated 45 to 55 dollars, so no-brainer. Wife's happy.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Can’t set the time on my sub Shitty deal had to put the sub in for service and the service guy said might be the internal issue with the set wheel , look to be a pretty pricy and lengthy repair about a month +

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
It was questionable whether or not the crystal was covered under warranty, and I didn't like the idea of having to ship it to their facility in New Jersey, and having it take 6 to 8 weeks. So I checked around locally and found a reputable repair shop. He's ordering a new crystal from Seiko and is going to repair it in house. Estimated 45 to 55 dollars, so no-brainer. Wife's happy.

Can you replace it with a sapphire crystal over the stock Seiko Hardex? That definitely would give you some extra piece of mind.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I had to return something at Macys and saw this in person. It was white or ice blue depending on the light. It really was eye catching.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
AVI-8 in partnership with Capcom launch FlyBoy 1942 Automatic Watch (limited edition)

7ihhpHq.png

Last edited:

doaal

Marked Wolf
I've got a Seiko 5 and a G-Shock. I'd like an Orient Bambino for more formal occasions, and a Baltany Dirty Dozen for everything else.

doaal

Marked Wolf
Addicting, probably won't be your last.
Yes! It's a GW-M5610 and I'm very happy so far, but I've been admiring the Casio X Porter Yoshida models. I own a bunch of Porter stuff and love the look.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

This was his watch for the first three seasons (it’s in the intro to the show). He wore a Pepsi Rolex GMT after that I’ve heard he still wears today

Attachments

• IMG_8307.jpeg
    IMG_8307.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Truth.
Have a DW5600 and I have to fight the urge to get the solar version.

I have a DW5600, a regular solar Casio, and a blue Casioak. I’ve been wearing the Casioak as a nice summer watch

I had heard the Mission Impossible Casio was being discontinued I just saw that on Amazon it is still available I may pick one of those up as my next Casio.

Attachments

• IMG_8309.jpeg
    IMG_8309.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I would believe this was an April fools joke if we were in april. The Bulova computron and Hamilton Pulsar are some interesting looking non Casio recent digital watches

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I would believe this was an April fools joke if we were in april. The Bulova computron and Hamilton Pulsar are some interesting looking non Casio recent digital watches

Not horrible, but definitely for a particular person. I love my Casio digital watches BUT I wish they'd go a bit more premium on the straps, case, etc. well besides some of the upper end of the g-shock line which start getting a bit a gaudy/flashy.

prof

In the 70s and early 80s when digital quartz watches were the hot new thing, there were a number of expensive luxury brand options on the market. James Bond even wore a digital in several of the Roger Moore movies. Some of the Seikos from that era were really cool looking.

prof

Not horrible, but definitely for a particular person. I love my Casio digital watches BUT I wish they'd go a bit more premium on the straps, case, etc. well besides some of the upper end of the g-shock line which start getting a bit a gaudy/flashy.
Vario makes straps specifically for the World Time and the G-Shocks. Leather and nato I believe. They're fitted for them. I have a couple of leather ones for my world times, and they're great. Not sure if they make them for any other Casio lines off hand though.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
In the 70s and early 80s when digital quartz watches were the hot new thing, there were a number of expensive luxury brand options on the market. James Bond even wore a digital in several of the Roger Moore movies. Some of the Seikos from that era were really cool looking.
The Hamilton pulsar is one digital James Bond Roger Moore wore that’s been reissued. Jack Nicholson wore it in The Passenger too.

IMG_8395.jpeg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I dont know if I'd call it the hot new thing. Bulova re-released the Computron about 3 years ago with a number of other retro LED watches.

71+I3rGatCL._AC_UX679_.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Anyone have recommendations for a colorful, small women's watch? Ideally under $2k. I showed her the Longines Dolce Vita with a green strap but she didn't like the dial. A Cartier Tank is also too bland for her tastes, I think.

I dont know if I'd call it the hot new thing. Bulova re-released the Computron about 3 years ago with a number of other retro LED watches.

71+I3rGatCL._AC_UX679_.jpg
This has been on my list for a long time now. I'll pull the trigger at some point.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Anyone have recommendations for a colorful, small women's watch? Ideally under $2k. I showed her the Longines Dolce Vita with a green strap but she didn't like the dial. A Cartier Tank is also too bland for her tastes, I think.

This has been on my list for a long time now. I'll pull the trigger at some point.
That’s another not always on and it has a weird angle as it was meant so you could read your wrist while driving you Saab