Watches

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Talking down about expensive basically hand made watches on a website dedicated to the NEO•GEO...
If you don't care for them that's fine but this is the LAST place to say something about expensive things that none of us really need.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Two speedmasters x
I saw.
One day I wouldn't mind having a speedy or a Tudor Black Bay Bronze.
2437244-alt4-1490.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I saw.
2437244-alt4-1490.jpg
Can't go wrong with Tudor tbh
Bb58
First good watch should always be a speedmaster - no question

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Kern, which size Speedy do you prefer?

I saw.
I've got my eye on an Oris 80th annv bronze with green dial. I think it will be really cool to see the patina change over the years.

Wataru, that day-date is nice. I've always wanted a Don Johnson gold Presidential :lolz:

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Expensive watches is a good protection against inflation .. I can’t afford a new watches as their price has gone up substantial especially Rolex. Also crypto ballers are pushing to audemars & pateks , second market price are way above the retail price.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Kern, which size Speedy do you prefer?

I've got my eye on an Oris 80th annv bronze with green dial. I think it will be really cool to see the patina change over the years.

Wataru, that day-date is nice. I've always wanted a Don Johnson gold Presidential :lolz:
Professional for me

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I had a few straps on the speedy but I'm not too bothered tbh

Rolex always look better on original bracelet

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Thoughts on that new Apple Watch? I have a wide wrist so really tempted by 49mm—it’s like an apple big pilot

fake

15 Year Member
Thoughts on that new Apple Watch? I have a wide wrist so really tempted by 49mm—it’s like an apple big pilot
The Ultra? It may be the fugliest Apple product yet. It looks like it will be a big benefit for its audience.

I have a 3 and don’t see much reason to upgrade to the 8.

HellioN

20 Year Member
I just can't do the "smart watch" thing.
They just seem to lack... A soul.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
The Ultra? It may be the fugliest Apple product yet. It looks like it will be a big benefit for its audience.

I have a 3 and don’t see much reason to upgrade to the 8.
It’s definitely more “rugged” looking, I’ll give you that. But bigger screen and battery are enticing. Also the ability to check my ovulation

fake

15 Year Member
It’s definitely more “rugged” looking, I’ll give you that. But bigger screen and battery are enticing. Also the ability to check my ovulation
For “those who ovulate”

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

There are some good hybrid smart watches now. I have a Fossil Hybrid HR which does what I need. It's my go to when I'm travelling around the country.
Garmin and others have some nice stainless ones if you want something more rugged looking.

As for the new Apple Watch, I like it as an activity or sport watch, but for business or casual it's fugly as fuck.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I don’t like it because I don’t understand its usage. I’m not going to count my steps I don’t need to know my heart rate and I think it’s too ugly to wear as a regular fashion watch. It’ll just be another thing for me to charge.

I tried messing with one for a day and just realized I’d rather pull my phone out to do most of my stuff on there instead of on my wrist.

My cousin who’s on the phone most of the day for work said it’s useful to quickly look at your risk to see who’s calling but I don’t do that kind of shit so it makes no sense for me.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
My cousin who’s on the phone most of the day for work said it’s useful to quickly look at your risk to see who’s calling but I don’t do that kind of shit so it makes no sense for me.

I can't tell you how many times I've been to lunch with someone, and had to stop and ask if they needed to go somewhere. Because they just kept looking at their damn smart watch. Turns out they are just reading notifications that keep coming in on their smart watch. It's an appalling habit because they do it in the middle of dinner or a conversation as well. My mind instinctively thinks because they keep checking their watch, they need to be somewhere....

fake

15 Year Member
TBH I think the Apple Watch looks good as an everyday watch. At the very least it's much better than those Fitbits or the monstrosities that Samsung has put out.