Wii U pricing announced ($300 or $350)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
i wasn't thinking too hard about getting WiiU but after hearing that Monster Hunter is coming the console in march next year, my decision was made. i bought my original Wii to play Monster Hunter 3 on the day of its release, and so again i'm buying a nintendo system for MH. console version are always a must buy for me. although they didn't have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate available for pre-order at this time

THIS.

And Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge is intriguing to me as well.

Also hoping for Dragon Quest X because I'd like to give that game a whirl.

Will probably get on day one. Super special edition, of course.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
WiiU has 1Gb of ram, which is double that of a 360 and 4x as much as PS3. It also has a tri-core power pc cpu, which is what the 360 has. What we dont know is the clock speed, and not much tech info is known about the GPU. I would expect the WiiU to perform better than a 360/PS3 but i dont think it will smoke them.
i'm more concerned about power consumption and heat, at this point. electricity is getting insanely expensive over here and i don't need another console that draws more than 200 watts and likes to rrod/ylod because of overheating. 50 watts or less would be nice for the wiiu. afterall, the ouya should draw no more than 15 or maybe 20 watts.
on the other hand, i would much prefer to get regular controller instead of that monstrosity, which is said to have a terrible battery life because of the display ... and probably weights a ton.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
So the controller is the size of a Game Gear?

I haven't really been following the Wii U, what's supposed to be coming out for it around launch?

Last edited:

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
i'm more concerned about power consumption and heat, at this point. electricity is getting insanely expensive over here and i don't need another console that draws more than 200 watts and likes to rrod/ylod because of overheating. 50 watts or less would be nice for the wiiu. afterall, the ouya should draw no more than 15 or maybe 20 watts.
on the other hand, i would much prefer to get regular controller instead of that monstrosity, which is said to have a terrible battery life because of the display ... and probably weights a ton.

I would prefer a regular controller too :(
I do not need a nintendo ipad to enjoy super mario...

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
So the controller is the size of a Game Gear?

Think bigger.

medium.jpg

Zoom it in....

650x.jpg

It's an iPad with dual analog sticks, face buttons, shoulder buttons, and grip molds to make it more comfy. Alright, maybe not an iPad since the Wii U controller is still a single-touch screen and not a multi-touch screen. Last I heard anyway.

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
what launch titles grab you? Right now i dont see anything good

As for what's already been confirmed, I'm excited about Mario U, Pikmin 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Project P-100, Dragon Quest X and the Scribblenauts game. I think Nintendo Land will be fun with my kids too

Really hoping for the Metroid/Star Fox to happen, and also just the anticipation of the unknown

I mean hell man, it's Nintendo!

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Touchscreen gaming is not fun.

From when I got to play it, there isn't much specific touch sreen gaming, but touch screen supplementing. The tech is really good.

The price is right. The games aren't. Nintendoland should be a pack in for both versions. IT's a fucking terrible game. All the ports are kind of pointless since 95% of gamers will have bought them for ps3/360 already. The new games aren't super hot.

It won't flop, but it may stumble out the gates.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im getting one for the gimmicks!
but really. i am getting one.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I have always loved Nintendo. I got a Wii at launch and loved Zelda Twilight and Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy. After that the system floundered. I sold it before Skyward sold was even announced.

I have no interest in the WiiU. I barely have enough time for the 360 games I like.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They really need to wow me with more games. Mario U looks alright, but aside from a few new power ups and challenge runs it's the same as the last one on the Wii and the other one that came out on the 3DS. I'm more interested in the 360'ish controller it looks awesome. What I wanted from the 360 controller a REAL D-Pad. Hopefully games like Bayonetta 2 won't require the use of the touch pad.

I still think this will confuse the shit out of parents. You're going to get a ton of people thinking the console is the new controller and they don't have to buy a system. I take it you use the old controllers (maybe only the Motion Plus ones) but what about the games? Is it like the first generation PS3 and 360?

I'll wait for Zelda to come out, because five bucks says they'll release a special gold version with more memory and I'll be able to pick up a used copy of Nintendoland for dirt cheap.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
WiiU has 1Gb of ram, which is double that of a 360 and 4x as much as PS3. It also has a tri-core power pc cpu, which is what the 360 has. What we dont know is the clock speed, and not much tech info is known about the GPU. I would expect the WiiU to perform better than a 360/PS3 but i dont think it will smoke them.

2GB, although 1GB is for OS. And uh, both 360 and PS3 have 512MB although on the 360 you can choose how much system ram/vram you want from that, on PS3 it's a 256/256 split.

Moreover, the NFC chip can also be used to make wireless transaction using their credit cards by simply placing the supported credit cards on top of the Wii U GamePad.[78]

lol christ.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You also said the ps3 and 360 have different amounts of RAM.

Basically, it doesn't have 1GB of RAM regardless, it has 2GB. Irrespective of its use.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
You also said the ps3 and 360 have different amounts of RAM.

Basically, it doesn't have 1GB of RAM regardless, it has 2GB. Irrespective of its use.

Im talking about the largest block of ram you can allocate using a malloc(); call

its going to be 1Gb on a WiiU regardless of how much other ram it has. its 512Meg on a 360 and 256Meg on a PS3

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Have you actually played Nintendoland, or like the majority of your posts are you talking out of your ass?

Just curious.

He played it, it's in his write up that he posted here and linked in his post

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
He played it, it's in his write up that he posted here and linked in his post

Well color me surprised. I wasn't even interested in Nintendoland until I got a chance to play it at PAX this year. The Luigi's Mansion mini-game by itself was a blast and that was just one of the many games I got the chance to try out.

Eh, Eddie's a jaded fuck anyway.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
My interest is some what piqued but common sense says "wtf do you need with a nintendo system". At this moment I have every game that i'll ever need for years to come.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Ok I just watched this video and now my interest has piqued even more.