Wii U pricing announced ($300 or $350)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
If you could play DS/3DS games on the Wii U I would be interested. I mean, it should be possible to sell them as downloadable games.

Kirby Canvas Curse on a big screen, I'd be all over that shit!

Other than that, I haven't seen anything yet to make me excited.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i really want a WiiU. I see it has the last hope of pure arcade gameplay.
I Have hopes that the hardcore Japanese developer will embrace it.
Platinum games is on board already (Bayonetta 2, P-101) and Namco too.
Now we need Cave!Treasure!
and a F-Zero from Nintendo/Sega again.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
If you could play DS/3DS games on the Wii U I would be interested. I mean, it should be possible to sell them as downloadable games.

Kirby Canvas Curse on a big screen, I'd be all over that shit!

Other than that, I haven't seen anything yet to make me excited.

That is good in theory but it pretty much makes the DS/3DS systems pointless as why buy that system when you can get the games and play them at home on the WiiU, it's why Sony hasn't made Vita( or PSP games ) only games available for the PS3

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09...rately-in-north-america#.UFKmiGQTiCM.facebook
Nintendo Will Not Sell GamePad Separately In North America

When Nintendo finally revealed Wii U would support up to two GamePad controllers, one of the first questions many fans asked was "How much will one of those cost?" After Nintendo's Wii U launch presentation earlier today, I caught up with Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime to ask just that. Much to my surprise, Fils-Aime said gamers wouldn't have to worry about it - Nintendo isn't planning on selling GamePads as accessories in North America.

"We have deliberately not announced the availability of the GamePad as a separate, standalone accessory here in the United States," Fils-Aime told me. "The reason for that is simple - there are no games in the launch window that take advantage of a second GamePad. And [because of that], I want all of that hardware production to be focused on driving sales at retail.

"What I mean by that is that Wii U is a console and a GamePad together. If I were to take additional GamePads and make them available as an accessory, then I would have less Wii U console hardware to sell into retail. You know, probably one of your questions is whether I'm going to meet demand. The only way we're going to achieve that here in the Americas is to not have that GamePad accessory, so I can maximize my overall volume."

So there you go. One less thing to factor into your budget.

I do wonder if Nintendo will do what they did with the Wii and purposely not meet the demand and only make a certain low amount of systems for sale

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Well color me surprised. I wasn't even interested in Nintendoland until I got a chance to play it at PAX this year. The Luigi's Mansion mini-game by itself was a blast and that was just one of the many games I got the chance to try out.

Eh, Eddie's a jaded fuck anyway.

I found the luigi's mansion mini game a clunky fuckin mess. Admittingly I was the only one that didn't like it amongst my group I was with, but it wasn't just a "meh" for me, it was a true disdain.

The on rails Zelda game was complete garbage. I mean, no justifying it, even my friend, the most apologetic Nintendo fan boy, couldn't defend that turd.

Am I jaded? Probably, but I don't talk out of my ass, unless it's taco night.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I now feel bad that we were in the same building, at the same time, and I didn't see you (or even know you were there) or say hi :(

haha no way. Didn't even realize you lived in the Chicago area.

Isn't Mario WiiNewUBroFist6goldenRPGs a fucking snooze fest unless you ruin it for everyone? I think so.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm interested in the wii u mostly because it's getting,monster hunter 3 ultimate.Still i won't be getting one when it release in november.Currently i'm short on funds any ways. Not to mention these days it doesn't 'pay trying to get a console at it's release.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
I'm pretty much gonna pass on it. Wii U does have a few games that look great (NSMB U aka SMB 6 as well as The Wonderful 101), but not much else interests me. The price of the system and games is a turn off though. I'm pretty much gonna be sticking with my Wii.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Goldeneye, AKI Wrestling games got more attention from my friends and I than anything the PS or Saturn had to offer.
That says something about you and your friends, not the system. It says you're idiots.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What did you and your friends play back in that era?
Look, it's not about enjoying Goldeneye and some WCW wrestling games. It's about saying that those were the best games of the entire generation, which is absolute bullshit. We're talking about a generation that included the first MGS, the first few Resident Evils, Silent Hill, SotN, a ton of shooters and fighting games on Saturn, some Final Fantasies, and a billion other things across all genres. If you prefer Goldeneye and WCW vs. nWo: World Tour over ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of that, then it says either you were very young at the time or your family has an extensive history of mental retardation.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Ok I just watched this video and now my interest has piqued even more.

tqVgj.gif

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm a huge, bed wetting Nintendo fan, and even I'm not sure about this system. When N64 came out, we had Mario 64. It blew my mother fucking mind. Now, three generations later, we have another lame New Super Mario Bros game? Give me a break. This is sad. The games look like shit. I was hoping and assuming, by now, that Mario would be even more mind blowing than ever. Instead, it couldn't be any more mundane.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Agree there, I didn't even think much of galaxy but these 2d ones just look really dull. NSMB on ds was awful too.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
nsmb on ds had no soul

nsmb wii was ok

Maybe we're getting too old for mario, anyway

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Maybe, I can still play smw whenever and enjoy it immensely though. I just don't like the graphical style it has now, and all the lame powerups.

As for mario kart, I'll vomit blood if I play another, so fucking sick of that series.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Agree there, I didn't even think much of galaxy but these 2d ones just look really dull. NSMB on ds was awful too.

i think it's safe to assume that Mario Sunshine was the last great Mario title .................................

:rolleyes:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
i think it's safe to assume that Mario Sunshine was the last great Mario title .................................

I thought Mario Sunshine was actually alright. I even really liked Galaxy 1 and 2.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

Mario Sunshine is a terrible game.

The camera managed to kill that game completely.

Oh hey I can't see shit because the camera moved again during a platforming section where you need it to stay stationary.

Not to mention the whole water backpack?

Christ.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
take away the nintendo fanboy appeal and what do you have? a damn ugly gaming tablet and a rehashing of wii titles.

oh and hdmi support.