Wii U pricing announced ($300 or $350)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
i think it's safe to assume that Mario Sunshine was the last great Mario title .................................

:rolleyes:

No. Super Mario World is the correct answer.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
take away the nintendo fanboy appeal and what do you have? a damn ugly gaming tablet and a rehashing of wii titles.

oh and hdmi support.

I begin to wonder where this kind of jaded bitching comes from.

Then I realize I'm on NG.com. A haven for such grizzled grumpiness.

BTW: What fucktard actually cares what a console looks like? Play it for the games and stop worrying if it will match with your shit from IKEA.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Since its a mostly 3D gaming console, it will naturally be shit.

PiXELS 4 EVER

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
What fucktard actually cares what a console looks like? Play it for the games and stop worrying if it will match with your shit from IKEA.
The same kind of fucktard that realizes the difference between a CMVS and a home system. I thought the Gamecube and wii sucked too..

6rg77.jpg

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
apparently, if you want to do 2-player(on a game that supports 2-player anyway) you're going to be out of luck for awhile:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/13/nintendo-wii-u-gamepad-not-at-launch/

Uh, the article said that Nintendo won't sell seperate touch-screen controllers until there are games that actually support that. The title of the article even says so,"Nintendo Wii U gamepad not for sale separately in US until games support multiple controllers"......So since even if you could buy them they would be worthless until games supported that, why is that a problem? You can play multi-player games with wii controllers.

For those of you complaining about the Wii U not having a gamepad:
images

It seems like a lot of you aren't too pumped up about the new Nintendo system. I'm still on the fence, but I'm going to wait to see a few games to decide on buying one. People complaining about the price, controllers, games, or whatever, just don't buy it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Look, it's not about enjoying Goldeneye and some WCW wrestling games. It's about saying that those were the best games of the entire generation, which is absolute bullshit. We're talking about a generation that included the first MGS, the first few Resident Evils, Silent Hill, SotN, a ton of shooters and fighting games on Saturn, some Final Fantasies, and a billion other things across all genres. If you prefer Goldeneye and WCW vs. nWo: World Tour over ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of that, then it says either you were very young at the time or your family has an extensive history of mental retardation.

He didn't say they were better, just that they got more attention.
And the adventure and RGB you mention are mostly one player... Boring in a social setting.

Anyways, I'll go out on a Limb here and say that the AKAI Wrestling games are the best 3D fighting games of all time. They are super deep.

i think it's safe to assume that Mario Sunshine was the last great Mario title .................................

:rolleyes:

Have you played Galaxy 2?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I went to their WiiU Experience when it came to Austin last month.

Honestly, I really enjoyed it. The new controllers are pretty comfortable and the tablet (why they call it a GamePad, I dont know), has a nice screen and feel.

New Mario, bah.. kinda tired of these multiplayer Mario games. It was ok, just its the same shit as the one on Wii. I really liked ZombiU, a lot. Single and Multiplayer was fun. They had some lame dancing/singing games there. Ninja Gaiden Something eh.. A Wario Ware type of game was pretty cool. Batman AC, sigh, seemed more of a hassle to use the tablet with the game. NintendoLand had some fun minigames. Rayman was fun with 2 players with one person using the tablet.

Sooo, yeah I preordered the system and ZombiU. May not be the best decision, but I'll get some enjoyment out of it.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
take away the nintendo fanboy appeal and what do you have? a damn ugly gaming tablet and a rehashing of wii titles.

oh and hdmi support.
nintendo has finally caught up to 2006.

What I'm concerned about is there still has been little talk of how their online system will function. Unless I missed some details, there are still some legitimate questions to be answered.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Uh, the article said that Nintendo won't sell seperate touch-screen controllers until there are games that actually support that. The title of the article even says so,"Nintendo Wii U gamepad not for sale separately in US until games support multiple controllers"......So since even if you could buy them they would be worthless until games supported that, why is that a problem? You can play multi-player games with wii controllers.

For those of you complaining about the Wii U not having a gamepad:
images

It seems like a lot of you aren't too pumped up about the new Nintendo system. I'm still on the fence, but I'm going to wait to see a few games to decide on buying one. People complaining about the price, controllers, games, or whatever, just don't buy it.

That controller is super comfy. Excellent design. I may not be as keen about some of the button placements, but that is just something you can easily get used to.

Jedahahahaha said:
begin to wonder where this kind of jaded bitching comes from.

BTW: What fucktard actually cares what a console looks like? Play it for the games and stop worrying if it will match with your shit from IKEA.

It's pretty safe to say that there have been massive shortcomings in Nintendo's systems as of late. N64 with being a cart system, GCN with its major lack of anything, and the Wii dropped the ball on what could have been the genesis of movement based games, not to mention it running out of steam very quickly.

I applaud Nintendo for going a completely different route last cycle. It was great to kind of have that alternate option for gaming, but then it really needed to be amazing, and aside from a small handful of 3rd party titles you had to rely on Nintendo's releases. There were some great games on the system, but for me the ball was dropped too many times for me to catch interest.

Maybe in a year I'll buy one to run through some of the A+ titles, but as a consumer with a limited budget very little motivated me to part with my hard earned dollars unlike the ps3. I kind of have to be that critical and that jaded because I can't just buy 5 games a month, I get maybe one every three months so when I pick something up it has to be perfect for my tastes, and the Wii couldn't provide that.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I begin to wonder where this kind of jaded bitching comes from.

lol so angry because people don't agree with him.
typical boomzie.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I think The Wonderful 101 looks pretty awesome.

I'll pony up for the $349 sku.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but you will be able to transfer your virtual console and wii ware games via a wireless transfer. If you plan on buying a wii u at some point don't sell your wii just yet.

liquid ice

n00b
Not a bad price but I prob won't be getting it until it drops to about $150 unless it turns out to be a lot better than the cube and wii were. We'll see.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Looks like another clutter of money wasting shit to clog up the closet or cram under the bed.

If nintendo was about the games, then it would try to keep making games.
After the gamecube, nintendo has been courting the senior citizen/toddler/soccer mom/casual gamer/retard demographic and shaking them down with pricey, gimmicky shit.

A new, marginally improved console with rehashes and shovelware played on a tablet isn't "about the games" lol.

That's like telling me a clunky SUV with tvs in the back for your screaming babies is "all about the drive".

Forget that bullshit.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They made the console so cheap because after buying 129408091835 accessories, it's gonna be $1k.

I still got my order for BB in store pickup. Now let's wait for them to fuck that up. Kinda pissed big N and Amazon are having a tiff.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
That controller is super comfy. Excellent design. I may not be as keen about some of the button placements, but that is just something you can easily get used to.

It's pretty safe to say that there have been massive shortcomings in Nintendo's systems as of late. N64 with being a cart system, GCN with its major lack of anything, and the Wii dropped the ball on what could have been the genesis of movement based games, not to mention it running out of steam very quickly.

I applaud Nintendo for going a completely different route last cycle. It was great to kind of have that alternate option for gaming, but then it really needed to be amazing, and aside from a small handful of 3rd party titles you had to rely on Nintendo's releases. There were some great games on the system, but for me the ball was dropped too many times for me to catch interest.

Maybe in a year I'll buy one to run through some of the A+ titles, but as a consumer with a limited budget very little motivated me to part with my hard earned dollars unlike the ps3. I kind of have to be that critical and that jaded because I can't just buy 5 games a month, I get maybe one every three months so when I pick something up it has to be perfect for my tastes, and the Wii couldn't provide that.

I was never a huge fan of the N64. I'll agree the cartridge based system media was a bad call, but beyond that the selection of great games were minimal. I thought the Gamecube was a great console. I have a pretty sizable collection of games I really enjoy.

I never thought I would be saying this five years ago, but the Wii has been my most played console this generation. It had a really solid lineup of good titles. Yes it had shovelware, but that shovelware did not affect my enjoyment of those great games (in fact the whole argument about shovel ware is a moot point).

The Wii U has one of the more solid launch lineups I can remember since the Dreamcast. There are a wide array of titles, plus the games coming out in the weeks and months ahead are very enticing. So I'm not going to be buying every game at launch, because like you I have a limited budget. Though I will buy a system because I know there will be plenty of games I want now and in the future.

Looks like another clutter of money wasting shit to clog up the closet or cram under the bed.

If nintendo was about the games, then it would try to keep making games.
After the gamecube, nintendo has been courting the senior citizen/toddler/soccer mom/casual gamer/retard demographic and shaking them down with pricey, gimmicky shit.

A new, marginally improved console with rehashes and shovelware played on a tablet isn't "about the games" lol.

That's like telling me a clunky SUV with tvs in the back for your screaming babies is "all about the drive".

Forget that bullshit.

So your argument essentially boils down to the fact that you don't like Nintendo's marketing campaign for the Wii/Wii U hence that somehow ruins the enjoyment of the great games on the systems?

You were probably the kind of kid who threw a fit about how terrible the Genesis was because Sega marketed it as having "blast processing". And here we are 20+ years later and you have the same mentality. Brilliant logic as always Spoony.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
You were probably the kind of kid who threw a fit about how terrible the Genesis was because Sega marketed it as having "blast processing". And here we are 20+ years later and you have the same mentality. Brilliant logic as always Spoony.

Hahaha, I knew I'd rile you up.... but this time I'm not purposely trolling or being closed minded here.
I'm applying conjecture that was formed from my experience with the wii.

Actually, I'm more excited about Dragons Crown coming out than I am about this WiiU....or anything else coming out tbh. And thank GOD I'll be able to play it with a controller that fits my hands, and not some nunchuck or tablet that will get in the way of playing it.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I was never a huge fan of the N64. I'll agree the cartridge based system media was a bad call, but beyond that the selection of great games were minimal. I thought the Gamecube was a great console. I have a pretty sizable collection of games I really enjoy.

I never thought I would be saying this five years ago, but the Wii has been my most played console this generation. It had a really solid lineup of good titles. Yes it had shovelware, but that shovelware did not affect my enjoyment of those great games (in fact the whole argument about shovel ware is a moot point).

The Wii U has one of the more solid launch lineups I can remember since the Dreamcast. There are a wide array of titles, plus the games coming out in the weeks and months ahead are very enticing. So I'm not going to be buying every game at launch, because like you I have a limited budget. Though I will buy a system because I know there will be plenty of games I want now and in the future.

So your argument essentially boils down to the fact that you don't like Nintendo's marketing campaign for the Wii/Wii U hence that somehow ruins the enjoyment of the great games on the systems?

Admitting I haven't played p101, the only titles at launch I'm interested in are Zombies and Rayman, and Zombies will have to have been improved from the build I played which felt really slow and clunky (there were signs indicating it wasn't the finished game). MarioNewWiiBroWorldSoldierBoyYooouuuuu was the same as the last except with the added "ass-hole mode" as I like to call using the tablet. I still stand by that Nintendo Land is trash from what I played of it, and Wario was not up to the quality of its predecessor titles. For a launch window there are enough games to entice the general public, I think the hardcore, and the casual, but for me....nah. I guess it can't be worse than the ps3 launch.....

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Hahaha, I knew I'd rile you up.... but this time I'm not purposely trolling or being closed minded here.
I'm applying conjecture that was formed from my experience with the wii.

Actually, I'm more excited about Dragons Crown coming out than I am about this WiiU....or anything else coming out tbh. And thank GOD I'll be able to play it with a controller that fits my hands, and not some nunchuck or tablet that will get in the way of playing it.

The tablet is really comfy to hold. I can't deny that. It weighs as much as a standard controller which was shocking. Frankly I see some sort of touch bad on a controller as the next evoution in gaming. It makes sense too, could cut down on pausing games a lot (consider MGS3 where you had to change camo/equipment a lot in the pause menu), where instead of switching stuff in the pause menu you just do it via tablet on the fly. I see PS4/720 doing the same, maybe with something on the size of a smart phone instead of a tablet, but still having it, and that would be amazing for gaming. Essentially the DS concept is being moved to the living room and not just the handheld. While I am not a handheld fan, per say, I admit the DS is a very smart concept.

Last edited: