Wii U pricing announced ($300 or $350)

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
The tablet is really comfy to hold. I can't deny that. It weighs as much as a standard controller which was shocking. Frankly I see some sort of touch bad on a controller as the next evoution in gaming. It makes sense too, could cut down on pausing games a lot (consider MGS3 where you had to change camo/equipment a lot in the pause menu), where instead of switching stuff in the pause menu you just do it via tablet on the fly. I see PS4/720 doing the same, maybe with something on the size of a smart phone instead of a tablet, but still having it, and that would be amazing for gaming. Essentially the DS concept is being moved to the living room and not just the handheld. While I am not a handheld fan, per say, I admit the DS is a very smart concept.

Well then on those merits, I stand corrected about the controller being clunky and ill conceived.

I guess I'll just say that (barring a slew of awesome exclusives) I probably won't care for this console.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you take the top 10 GCN games and compare them to the top 10 Xbox, PS2 or Dreamcast games... The GCN is right there with them.

The same can be said about the Wii vs Ps3/360.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
If you take the top 10 GCN games and compare them to the top 10 Xbox, PS2 or Dreamcast games... The GCN is right there with them.

The same can be said about the Wii vs Ps3/360.

the xbox doesn't even 10 games worth playing anymore.

and the gcn can't hold a candle to the ps2. Comparing the top ten would prove just how much of a juggernaut the PS2. It is easily one of the best systems ever. I will give it credit for having the best version of RE4, arguably the best game of the generation.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Pre-orders opened up at EB Games this morning here in Canada; got my monies down, but sadly, still no Mario U pre-order sku yet...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm going to further promote my jadedness at laughing at the fact that the deluxe unit only has 32gb of memory...and the basic version has 8.

fuloolololol

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
boomzie said:
Some people around here don't take too kindly to logic.

Some people around here don't take too kindly to condescending, elitist douchebags either.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
This is the videogame forum where it's cool to not like gaming.

You make a valid point.

Admitting I haven't played p101, the only titles at launch I'm interested in are Zombies and Rayman, and Zombies will have to have been improved from the build I played which felt really slow and clunky (there were signs indicating it wasn't the finished game). MarioNewWiiBroWorldSoldierBoyYooouuuuu was the same as the last except with the added "ass-hole mode" as I like to call using the tablet. I still stand by that Nintendo Land is trash from what I played of it, and Wario was not up to the quality of its predecessor titles. For a launch window there are enough games to entice the general public, I think the hardcore, and the casual, but for me....nah. I guess it can't be worse than the ps3 launch.....

I got the chance to play P-100 (or whatever it's called now) at PAX and it surpassed my expectations. The nice thing about the Wii U's second controller screen is it doesn't require the pin point accuracy of a stylus. It feels more like a iPad or Android tablet in that you can use your finger to make quick gestures when needed. That and the game allows you to change forms either on the touch screen or via controller which is a welcome choice when things get a bit hectic.

I wasn't all that pumped for Zombie U. It will probably be an alright game once released, but it feels more like a showcase for what the Wii U can do. It seems to give precedent to showing you all the nifty things the Wii U can do over just making a quality and fun game.

LOL, yea "ass mode". We labeled it "dick mode". Once we discovered the true lengths of douchebaggery to be had, it changed the entire game from a co-op romp to a survival of the fittest. I really didn't care for the game until we stumbled upon that discovery. It's one of the beautiful things that arises from taking what a gameplay mechanic is supposed to do and turning it on its' head.

Nintendo Land was a game I really didn't even want to waste my time with. Though my friend told me I needed to try out the Luigi ghost mode. So I gave it a whirl and found myself having fun. It's certainly a game that requires five players. Something I know won't be the norm for a lot of folks, but it reminded me of Pac-Man VS. but a little more involved and fun.

That along with a better port of Ninja Gaiden III, Bayonetta 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Monster Hunter 3, TANK! TANK! TANK!, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and a few others has me pumped. The fact I'm actually excited about a new console release is odd to me.

I think it's one of those things you have to play to understand how it all works. Before PAX I was concerned and fairly blah to the Wii U, but after getting the chance to play it first hand, it has changed my opinion on it.

Last edited:

Ukee

Geese's Thug
A year ago if you asked me what my favorite console was of this generation I would of said PS3 because all I was playing were fighting games and I was using the Blueray player to watch flicks. Then starting around spring I was about to get rid of my Wii but first thought "why not look online to see if there are any cheap games to fart around on". I went on to amazon and found Madworld for $5 new, and then No more Heroes for $8, and then Sin and Punishment for $5, and then next thing I know I now have over 20 games for the Wii because they are dirt cheap and having more fun playing it in the past 6 months then my PS3 all generation. I really felt ashamed because I completelly over looked great fun games mainly because they were on the Wii.

I have a Wii U pre-ordered cause I want to give a Nintendo console one more full hearted try. I missed some great things for the Wii when it was realsed and I don't want to make the mistake again.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The price is too high for what it offers me, at least around launch. Even more-so since the best trade-in deal available so far is $50 for a Wii at Gamestop. I'm interested in Pikmin 3, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Zombie U, and of course Bayonetta 2. But at this point, I'm going to wait & see if the latter 3 actually stay exclusive, at the very least I'm going to wait until both the Wii U is cheaper and the Xbox 720/PS4 are out.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm glad Namco's porting Tank! Tank! Tank! It's a shame that game was so hard to find. Only place I saw it was in Disney World and a couple of the hotels. I really hope they'll add a lot of extra modes because it'll get old real quick. The Vs. mode is fun but I love fighting against the swarms of ants and the giant building robots. I can never get the line from Tom Hanks in Big out of my head when I play that level. "It's a building that turns into a robot? Yes. What's fun about that?"

Ukee

Geese's Thug
The price is too high for what it offers me, at least around launch. Even more-so since the best trade-in deal available so far is $50 for a Wii at Gamestop. I'm interested in Pikmin 3, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Zombie U, and of course Bayonetta 2. But at this point, I'm going to wait & see if the latter 3 actually stay exclusive, at the very least I'm going to wait until both the Wii U is cheaper and the Xbox 720/PS4 are out.

My guess is that the price point is were it is at because of the head start Nintendo is getting in the console run. Once the next gen Sony and MS console is announced I expect a $50-$100 drop.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
My guess is that the price point is were it is at because of the head start Nintendo is getting in the console run. Once the next gen Sony and MS console is announced I expect a $50-$100 drop.

A $50 drop is very likely. But a $100 drop is wishful thinking, unless the Wii U fails to meet sales expectations as badly as the 3DS initially did.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Considering Gamestop sold out nationwide on Wii U preorders I think it's gonna be a few years for a price drop.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
All I see is ports and little games to look forward to at this point in time. Nintendo network I did not heard much about. 1 GB of RAM for gaming only? PS4, XBOX 720, and not to mention a PC are going to bury it hard in terms of specs. No built in hard drive and it's 2012? Really? I don't want to go out there and spend more money on getting a new hard drive to install in that damn thing because of nintendo's lack of foresight. I will skip this joke. Hell, I am already content with my powerful PC which would probably smoke the other 2 next gen consoles.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If Nintendo acts as expected, they'd ship far less than the preorder numbers to create a high demand and keep people interested. Expect resellers to gouge the fuck out of this one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
All I see is ports and little games to look forward to at this point in time. Nintendo network I did not heard much about. 1 GB of RAM for gaming only? PS4, XBOX 720, and not to mention a PC are going to bury it hard in terms of specs. No built in hard drive and it's 2012? Really? I don't want to go out there and spend more money on getting a new hard drive to install in that damn thing because of nintendo's lack of foresight. I will skip this joke. Hell, I am already content with my powerful PC which would probably smoke the other 2 next gen consoles.

PC Gaming? Have I warped back to 2002? Where is JHendrix when you need him.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Glorious PC gaming master race.

Btw Yoshi's Island:
Ever noticed how the intro music sounds a bit like the anthem of the Soviet Union?

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
why bring PC's into the discussion? that's like trying to compare a Honda Civic(Wii-U) to a Ferrari GT(PC)

:rolleyes: