Workout mix?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I'll be that guy who says EDM (something like Justice's "Cross" album), but I'll also put on Kavinsky's "Protovision," Kyuss' "Welcome..." or Carpenter Brut's "Le Perv."

Gotta keep them BPM's up, son.

Exactly.

Edited with songs/albums.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i just put this on loop. i kid you not.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Slipknot isn't metal razo. Slipknot is fake nu-metal.

You're like calling converge and botch lame but you're suggesting "heavy" music like Nu metal? Hahaha

Killswitch engage? Well, they're metalcore. Ever wondered what killswitch sounded like before they were killswitch?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Also, you live in new jersey, you should know who dillinger escape plan is.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I don't care for metal - makes me more anxious than hyped. I like emotion as a motivator when working out and generally will put on stuff that triggers that stuff in me.

Now that I've taken my life - Tom Paxton
Freshman - The Verve Pipe
You think you know somebody - Todd Snider
Sam Stone - John Prine

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

You're like calling converge and botch lame but you're suggesting "heavy" music like Nu metal? Hahaha

Killswitch engage? Well, they're metalcore. Ever wondered what killswitch sounded like before they were killswitch?

Yea, you could definitely tell the similarities in sound just not so fine tuned.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Fine tuned, easy to digest. Semantics, but not really.

Killswitch is one my favorite Metalcore bands. I've been listening to them since End of The Heartache. I thought when Howard Jones left that shit was going down hill for them but it didn't. Disarm The Descent and Incarnate are awesome Albums.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

LMAO

OMG

That was terrible.

They mixed the 2 worse parts of hardcore (all of it) and black metal.

Also, you live in new jersey, you should know who dillinger escape plan is.

Oh man. I saw them early-2000s in Allston. I think it was supposed to be their "farewell tour" or something like that.

They fucking nailed a cover of "Where Eagles Dare." The frontman sang a perfect Danzig.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't care for metal - makes me more anxious than hyped. I like emotion as a motivator when working out and generally will put on stuff that triggers that stuff in me.

Now that I've taken my life - Tom Paxton
Freshman - The Verve Pipe
You think you know somebody - Todd Snider
Sam Stone - John Prine

:lolz: I can't imagine working out to Freshman. "Gotta keep them reps up so I don't OD on Valium!"

I've been thinking about trying audiobooks while I work out so that I stay interested and want to stay at the gym. Can't scientists just make healthy ice cream and pizza bagels yet?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
:lolz: I can't imagine working out to Freshman. "Gotta keep them reps up so I don't OD on Valium!"

I've been thinking about trying audiobooks while I work out so that I stay interested and want to stay at the gym. Can't scientists just make healthy ice cream and pizza bagels yet?

I've tried audio books. I wouldn't recommend them for your weight training routine but great for when your on the treadmill or running outside. I still prefer music though.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Audio books are great for work, especially night shift, but when i'm in gym i nesd some bangin tunes to keep me going, hour and a half on the treadmill is tough.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I've tried audio books. I wouldn't recommend them for your weight training routine but great for when your on the treadmill or running outside. I still prefer music though.

Yeah, I mainly do cardio stuff. I started lifting and it made me super hungry so I stopped.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

Audio books are great for work, especially night shift, but when I'm in gym I need some bangin' tunes to keep me going, hour and a half on the treadmill is tough.

Yeah, this is why I have different mixes for different weight training, cardio, and cool down. Definitely need the tunes that get you pumped with sharp notes, and a hard steady baseline/drumming for weights. I then shift to songs that still have a steady rhythm, are up tempo (like that London Elektricity track) but have more mellow undertones for the cardio, then finish off with some slow jams for cool down.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Need some
Pantera
White Zombie
Deftones
Beasty Boys

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Slipknot is indeed fucking garbage. They're the ICP of metal.

As for me, I don't really need to go to the gym since I work in a warehouse. We do have music playing all the time back there, but it's not always my playlists. Sometimes one of the other warehouse guys puts on their own stuff. One dude only listens to weird ass stupid rockabilly bands where they play the same shit the whole song while some chick goes "yeah" every few seconds. Another guy only plays punk and alternative rock from the 90s. So much fucking Green Day.

I usually just stick to a broad genre and randomize the playlist since I'm back there most of the day. I have a power/folk/progressive metal playlist (Stratovarius, Sabaton, Rhapsody of Fire, Kamelot, Hammerfall, Evergrey, etc), a female-fronted metal playlist (Within Temptation, Nightwish, Amberian Dawn, Delain, Kobra and the Lotus, Epica, Xandria, Katra, Tarja, In This Moment, Sister Sin, etc), a classic metal playlist (Sabbath, Dio, Ozzy, Metallica, Maiden, Priest, Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, BOC, etc), a classic rock playlist (Dire Straits, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Eagles, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Seger, etc), and a few others.

There are a few rap acts I like (Ice Cube and NWA mostly) and I will occasionally listen to some John Denver or Charlie Daniels. After all, I am pretty redneck. But mostly it's various metal subgenres and all the music my dad got me into as a kid.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If I think working out I'm instantly thinking of dance music.

Thus:

Spoiler:

Also, how has Eye of The Tiger not been mentioned yet??

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I never bothered listening to music. I just try to get out of there as fast as I can.