NBA Season 22/23

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Jokic had better stats this year primarily because Giannis missed more games and played hurt in many of the games he did play which hurt his ability to close distance. Over the larger sample sizes of their whole careers the stats look like you would expect them to: Giannis as one of the elite defenders in the NBA at any position, Jokic one of the better centers and pretty good overall but not elite.
Your last sentence sounds like Giannis is a way better defender. This doesn't mean Jokic isn't playing defense but he isn't even close to Giannis. ;)

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Looking forward to a lot of 150-145 games in Phoenix next year assuming Beal and Durant can stay on the court for 82 combined. I like Beal... by all accounts, he's a nice dude and still has a good stroke but he's a bad defender and injury prone on a team that doesn't need any more backcourt scoring and definitely doesn't need any more injury prone max players.

The Wiz probably could've gotten more from Miami than Chris Paul's corpse and some 2nds but if the point is bottoming out, just getting rid of that albatross contract is fine by me.

Knowing the Wiz though, they'll probably give Kuzma 30 million per and pick 5th for three years in a row and get a bunch of nobodies that they then grossly overpay.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Your last sentence sounds like Giannis is a way better defender. This doesn't mean Jokic isn't playing defense but he isn't even close to Giannis. ;)
Nobody said he was as good as Giannis on defense. What was said was that his defensive field goal percentage allowed was the same as what Giannis had during his title run. And that's a fact.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Wizards most likely will send CP3 over to the Clippers and start their rebuilding phase in Washington.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I wonder if they'll just waive him, or try to get a trade in return.

I'm hoping they just waive him so the Suns could re-sign him at a vet minimum, but I doubt that'll happen.

Now the big question is Ayton. Do they keep him and stick with cheap, low-ish quality players, or trade him to get some cap space back and try to get a couple mid quality players?

famicommander

15 Year Member
I wonder if they'll just waive him, or try to get a trade in return.

I'm hoping they just waive him so the Suns could re-sign him at a vet minimum, but I doubt that'll happen.

Now the big question is Ayton. Do they keep him and stick with cheap, low-ish quality players, or trade him to get some cap space back and try to get a couple mid quality players?
The Suns cannot re-sign Paul directly. The NBA put a stop to guys getting traded, bought out, then returning to the team that traded them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Sorry this conversation won't end with dick pics exchange Fami.
ghost-buster-truth.gif

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
They got a terrible contract, if they don't win next year they are in the hole for a long time.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
We're already in the hole long term anyways with us giving way pretty much all of our draft picks for the next 5 years.

Now we're just really in the hole.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Looking forward to a lot of 150-145 games in Phoenix next year assuming Beal and Durant can stay on the court for 82 combined. I like Beal... by all accounts, he's a nice dude and still has a good stroke but he's a bad defender and injury prone on a team that doesn't need any more backcourt scoring and definitely doesn't need any more injury prone max players.

The Wiz probably could've gotten more from Miami than Chris Paul's corpse and some 2nds but if the point is bottoming out, just getting rid of that albatross contract is fine by me.

Knowing the Wiz though, they'll probably give Kuzma 30 million per and pick 5th for three years in a row and get a bunch of nobodies that they then grossly overpay.
man...fuck beal. he ruined this franchise, lol.

edit: by ruined i mean, took us lower than i thought possible with this shit team.

famicommander

15 Year Member
yeah, well, the nba doesn't give af about the wizards. they'll let it slide.
Has nothing to do with the Wizards. If they buy him out Paul can sign with any team except the Suns.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
man...fuck beal. he ruined this franchise, lol.

edit: by ruined i mean, took us lower than i thought possible with this shit team.

Dude... don't get me started on the Wizards. I've been watching this team trip on its own dick for 35 years.

Beal's not so bad though. He scored 30ppg a couple seasons. He never badmouthed the franchise. His only real crime was not being worth the stupid contract they gave him and then breaking down constantly.

At least Wall + Beal got to the 2nd round and were basically one Kelly Olynyk NBA Jam moment from going to the conference finals. Fucking sad that's the highlight of this franchise for the last 40 years but it's largely been front office negligence and mismanagement that consistently fucks this franchise. If anything, Abe Pollin ruined the team by hiring incompetent boobs to run the front office and consistently overpaying mediocre to bad players. Any competently run team would've run Ernie Grunfeld out on his ass a decade earlier. But it's just bad trade after bad trade after whiffed draft pick after another max contract for a borderline all-star. Leonsis isn't much better. He's fiercely loyal which is a good attribute when you have a good team (players know they'll be taken care of if they ball out) but when your team is shit and has been shit for 40 years, it just means you cling to mediocrity because no one's interested in going to a laughingstock no matter how much you're willing to pay.

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Dude... don't get me started on the Wizards. I've been watching this team trip on its own dick for 35 years.

Beal's not so bad though. He scored 30ppg a couple seasons. He never badmouthed the franchise. His only real crime was not being worth the stupid contract they gave him and then breaking down constantly.

At least Wall + Beal got to the 2nd round and were basically one Kelly Olynyk NBA Jam moment from going to the conference finals. Fucking sad that's the highlight of this franchise for the last 40 years but it's largely been front office negligence and mismanagement that consistently fucks this franchise. If anything, Abe Pollin ruined the franchise by hiring incompetent boobs to run the front office and consistently overpaying mediocre to bad players. Any competently run team would've run Ernie Grunfeld out on his ass a decade earlier. But it's just bad trade after bad trade after whiffed draft pick after another max contract for a borderline all-star. Leonsis isn't much better. He's fiercely loyal which is a good attribute when you have a good team (players know they'll be taken care of if they ball out) but when your team is shit and has been shit for 40 years, it just means you cling to mediocrity because no one's interested in going to a laughingstock no matter how much you're willing to pay.
been watching them off and on since calbert cheany was supposed to be the next great. there is a reason why, even through all the troubles with the football team the past two decades, i don't really have a home team in other sports.