Recent content by Yuri-chan

1. Yuri-chan

SNK games that are set in Southtown

Other than the Art of Fighting series and the Fatal Fury series, are there any other SNK games that are set in Southtown? I heard somewhere that "The Super Spy", a 1990 Neo-Geo game was set in Southtown too since Geese Howard was in it.
  2. Yuri-chan

Neo-Geo AES Video Issue

Ok, I have two Neo-Geo AES connected on two seperate TV's. Both TV's with S-Video. Apparently the video quality of my AES #335815 looks noticably inferiour to the quality of my AES #014219 which looks crystal clear, as if it was painted in a canvas or something. It's not that bad, but having...
  3. Yuri-chan

Neo-Geo AES Sound Issue

My AES #14,219 seems to be having a wierd sound issue with early Neo-Geo games. Everytime I turn a game on, I seem to keep hearing this wierd constant humming sound coming out of the game. Character selection sound effects also seem almost next to unnoticable. I've already tried cleaning the...
  4. Yuri-chan

High Scores

Is there any way to save the high scores from Neo-Geo AES games?!? Everytime I turn off a game such as KOF '96, I lose all score information. I remember it didn't do that in the MVS versions of games i've played before. I don't own a memory card myself but I don't know if that would save them.
  5. Yuri-chan

SNK characters going 3D

As you know, the King of Fighters Maximum Impact is just right around the corner to being released. This game is alot like Fatal Fury Wild Ambition but it's a new game thats going to be released for the PS2. My question is, did any of you like SNK's new 3D polygonal character designs used here...
  6. Yuri-chan

Most kawaii SNK gal!

Who do you think is the cutest girl around? I'm not talking about sexy but about her cuteness factor. As for me it would definitely be Cham Cham from Samurai Spirits 2. She's such a cute catgirl with spiky green hair and she has a cute little monkey sidekick. :p
  7. Yuri-chan

Leona's MAX2 Super in KOF 2002

How do you do Leona's MAX2 super in KOF 2002 where she has to have her life in red. I've tryed to pull off her qcb, hcf, LK + HK but it doesn't work at all for me. I keep doing her regular Revolver Spark where only one of the kick buttons is needed.
  8. Yuri-chan

Capcom vs. SNK Question

Which Capcom vs. SNK game do you like more of these, Cvs.S 1/Pro or Cvs.S2? As much as I thought Capcom vs. SNK 2 blew the first game away with all the new grooves and extra characters, I still enjoyed the original Capcom vs. SNK the most. As flawed as this game may be, I still enjoyed it more...
  9. Yuri-chan

The best groove in Capcom vs. SNK 2!!

What's the best groove in Capcom vs. SNK 2 in your opinion? I really like the P-groove the most because you can charge up your super meter and use a level 3 super combo instantly; I think it's super effective. I like the K-groove too but it's only a limited time you can perform your super...
  10. Yuri-chan

Games you never get tired of playing

What are games you never get tired of playing? It's those that you like playing everyday or even play them once and a while and still like playing them with a smile in your face. It would be anything new or old. As for me the games I never get tired of are my SNK games and many of my music...
  11. Yuri-chan

Any SNK fangirls here!!

Well, I'm a girl and I do love SNK. What made me get into it, simple, Samurai Spirits. It was 1993 and I played Samurai Spirits for the first time. It changed the I looked at video games forever. Granted, I'm not much into videogames as I used to be before. I am 24 and I go to college so I...
  12. Yuri-chan

Entertainment Weekly's Top 100 Greatest Video Games

Have you seen the May 9th, 2003 (#709) issue of Entertainment Weekly. It has an article of the 100 greatest games of all time. Sadly, only one SNK game made an appearance at 64th place. oh_no Here are there Top 100. You'll have it read it the article yourself if you want know more about...
  13. Yuri-chan

Dreamcast KOF Question

Playmore has released KOF 2000 and KOF 2001 for the DC. Playmore has even confomed taht they will release KOF 2002 for the DC as well. Are these versions of the game as good as the Neo Geo cart originals?
  14. Yuri-chan

KOF'97 Question

Its really been a while since I've played KOF '97 for the Neo. What was that code to unlock Iori, Leona, Chris, and Yashiro?? Another question, how do you do that same code on the PSX version!! [ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Yuri-chan ]</p>