Dehumidifier?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Does anyone here have a dehumidifier?
Do you find that it works well?
From what I've read, there are various benefits to having drier air in your house.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
We use Levoit air purifiers for the house and same brand humidifiers for the baby's room. They work well to keep per dander and dust out of the way, I definitely notice when the filters are full.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I sleep with one on and it's definitely helped with my congestion

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I have one near my vinyl and video games. Humidity can destroy your prized possessions.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have 3 in the basement. Not all are active at once, it's more of a redundancy thing. They are only for the spring and summer months here.
In the winter I actually have humidifiers running with the furnace.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I had one in the lake cabin I was renting, but the house across town that I'm in now isn't humid enough, at least with the polar weather we've been having.

It's 1905 construction so I have to figure out how to do this without trapping moisture in the walls and inviting mold and woodrot.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What's everyone's target humidity level?
In summer we have ambient 80-100% humidity, so I set them to 60% otherwise they would run forever.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It needs to be under 60 unless you live in a basement. Over 60% always leads to mold.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I run one 24/7 in my basement, which is an old dirt and stone cellar. Too much moisture comes up from the ground otherwise. Always thinking in the back of my mind when I should bother replacing it, and whether the dehumidifier might somehow cause a fire one day by running that much.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
so thats why I couldnt do it. my bad, but i gotta commit to the bit

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I've lived in Vegas my whole life. I'm dying for humid air, especially in the winter.

I don't know what benefits there could be from dry air, unless you live somewhere where you don't have HVAC and it gets muggy as hell when it's warm.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
During the summer here it can get pretty wet and humid so we're almost always running the aircon. Keeps things nice a dry inside.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
A blazing out of control fire can dehumidify things...