Search results

1. Edmond Dantes

So demystify this for me... (SNK game releases on Switch)

Okay, one thing I hate about the Nintendo Switch eShop (and probably most digital platforms) is the redundancies. The Samurai Shodown games can be gotten either as Arcade Archives individually or as a forty dollar set that has an exclusive. This one especially hurts as I got several of the SS...
  2. Edmond Dantes

(Sold) Magic Key V2 for sale

Hey guys, a person from years back returning to get out of the collecting game. I already offloaded most of my Neo stuff but there was one thing I discovered I still have. I made a video of it: (Sorry the audio is kind of quiet--software issue) I got this guy DIRECT from the manufacturer...
  3. Edmond Dantes

This forum is apparently considered a "phishing" site

Just thought anyone in charge should have a heads up. Just now I came here and got a warning (I use Firefox FWIW) that said this site is a phishing site and was "blocked," though it still gave me the option to continue. I'm not sure what the heck is up with that. This did not happen when I...
  4. Edmond Dantes

Neo stick not recognizing a direction, how to fix?

So I have two sticks with my AES. One works fine, but the other sometimes won't register when I push up on the stick, or will only kinda-register it. Like jumps won't work in fighting games, and in Magician Lord he'll start to climb a ladder but then not go past the first rung. Basically...
  5. Edmond Dantes

how do you open an AES cart?

That same World Heroes is acting up again. I thought it was clean but the scratchy sound is back. Then I cleaned it and it was gone again... then it came back. Without the game even leaving the console. So I want to open it up and see if there's anything unusual on the PCBs. Just one prob...
  6. Edmond Dantes

World Heroes AES - Scratchy/distorted sound

So the same guy who sold me my AES also traded me Magician Lord and World Heroes. ML works fine (as does Blue's Journey, the game that was included with my AES), and World Heroes plays fine, except... The sound is distorted. How bad it is changes each time I turn on the game. Sometimes every...
  7. Edmond Dantes

is eBay entirely to be avoided?

I know eBay is a haven for pirated goods, and possibly bootleg Neo games. I just want to know to what extent. Surely there must be *some* Neo games that have a chance of being legit, even from eBay, right? Case in point, I'm thinking of collecting Samurai Spirits in series order.. the first...
  8. Edmond Dantes

Is Amakusa Shiro (SS1) the easiest SNK Boss?

So yesterday, I finally beat Samurai Shodown 1 (PS2 Anthology version) for the first time. I was playing on MVS difficulty, as Haohmaru. So, knowing this is SNK, and remembering how much Geese Howard and Rugal Bernstein handed my ass to me, and on top of that the last few opponents were...
  9. Edmond Dantes

Joysticks not properly detecting Up and Down

So I've been playing my Neo ever since I got it, but one fact has reared its ugly head. For some reason, my joysticks (both original Neo sticks) don't like Up and Down very much. Only game I have is Blue's Journey so I used that to test. At first I thought it was the extension cords (seller...
  10. Edmond Dantes

Just wondering, is there a way to change Unibios' default region?

The Uni in my AES (I think its 3.0) defaults to Japan every time I turn the console off. I want to make it default to the USA. I don't see a "save options" setting in the menu. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance.
  11. Edmond Dantes

Picture goes slightly offscreen

So, the AES console I bought arrived today. The only game I have is Blue's journey, so I played it. One issue, and its a minor one, but I noticed that the picture seems to go beyond the edge of the screen (and I've got a 30" CRT) on the left-hand side. In some areas where the screen can't...
  12. Edmond Dantes

Finally about to own an AES!

So, after months of saving, I finally am about to buy an AES from a member of another site! As someone new to the scene of actually *owning* a Neo-Geo, I do have some questions. Q1. The unit I'm buying has a bios that allows it to switch between regions, as well as MVS / AES mode. Does this...
  13. Edmond Dantes

Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture

Does anyone else have this on DVD? I finally got this in the mail today, after years of searching. But thing is, I've noticed some oddities about this DVD. The first thing that struck me was that it has the newer Viz logo in the corner, whereas my DVD of "Fatal Fury Double Impact" has the...
  14. Edmond Dantes

should I even bother with eBay for Neo-Geo Carts?

So I had a thought of taking Neo collecting more seriously. Previously, I was satisfied with just ports and emulations (as I said in some other topic, my goal is to get the PS2 compilations--all the Japanese ones AND their english equivalents), but the more I BURN KNUCKLE BURN KNUCKLE BURN...
  15. Edmond Dantes

Why is the Samurai Shodown Anthology for PS2 so expensive?

On Amazon and eBay, it goes like this: Wii version? $15-$20 PSP version? $15-$20 But the PS2 version? $30-$50 What is it about the PS2 version that makes it command higher prices? Is it rarer? What irritates me is that the PS2 version is the one I want. I don't have a Wii. I have a PSP...
  16. Edmond Dantes

Is Fatal Fury 2/Special on PS2 known to have input lag?

Hey, new guy here. Recently I got into Fatal Fury (which has expanded into an interest in SNK in general) with Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1. Now, I love Fatal Fury 1, and I love Fatal Fury 3, but Fatal Fury 2 and Special bother me. The problem is the commands don't always come out...