8Bitdo Neo geo wireless controller SNK licensed

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Thanks for this I was hoping it would work with the Mayflash Magic NS. I got two in the mail yesterday I may return at least one for now.
I did contact both Mayflash and 8bitDo - both of which asked that I kindly wait patiently. So time will tell. Mayflash says they need to purchase the device to do their thing and 8bitDo basically said they will pass it along to their team.

On a side note: 2.4ghz wireless works with the RG35XX as well.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Same feeling as original NEOGEO CD controller.
Really better than bullshit released by SNK for mini bartop.

8bitdo SNK NEO GEO controller work on Raspberry Pi (Retropie), tested with Bluetooth.

xshell.jpg IMG_20230818_121745925_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Overall I'm pretty impressed with it. It's well built, has a nice solid weighty feel, and for the most part matches the originals pretty well. I was never a fan of this controller in any form, so that probably biases me. This controller but with a dpad would be very nice.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Overall I'm pretty impressed with it. It's well built, has a nice solid weighty feel, and for the most part matches the originals pretty well. I was never a fan of this controller in any form, so that probably biases me. This controller but with a dpad would be very nice.
But then it would just be like any other 6 button controller and not really be in any way gooberrific.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If someone released a Neo CD shaped pad with a Saturn style dpad I certainly wouldn't hate it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I got mine today. It’s not bad, but it’s not great. Fwiw I have several original cd pads, some of which are basically new.

The controller shape and buttons all feel great, even the added shoulder buttons are welcome. The clicky stick on the other hand is pretty sloppy and has a huge deadzone before activating the switches. It feels like a real CD pad if it was really worn.

In practice, it’s still a pretty decent pad. I didn’t have any issues with fighters or Shredder’s Revenge. I tried a shooter and it was a bit sloppy. Since it really only works as a generic usb pad on things that can take everything, I struggle to think of a real use for this thing over using others. I might send it back.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
No, I guess it’s because in my mind I still associate this stuff with being a teenager. Seeing some dad bro carry on about it is just strange.
It really is. At least have the sense and decency to keep your nerd hobby on the down low.

NeoSeeD

n00b
Wait, how does it not work via Bluetooth? I thought the only reason it had the feature was to increase compatibility as a generic controller. Did you update the firmware with the new beta version 8bitdo made available?

LOL I guess now I know the bluetooth 8bitdo receiver for genny will not work before it even arrives.
I just tried my Genesis retro receiver on the latest firmware today and no luck.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I got mine today. It’s not bad, but it’s not great. Fwiw I have several original cd pads, some of which are basically new.

The controller shape and buttons all feel great, even the added shoulder buttons are welcome. The clicky stick on the other hand is pretty sloppy and has a huge deadzone before activating the switches. It feels like a real CD pad if it was really worn.

In practice, it’s still a pretty decent pad. I didn’t have any issues with fighters or Shredder’s Revenge. I tried a shooter and it was a bit sloppy. Since it really only works as a generic usb pad on things that can take everything, I struggle to think of a real use for this thing over using others. I might send it back.
I had zero issue personally with the Deadzone but that’s me. I mentioned it in my vid though

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
See I knew it wasn’t just me goobin’.

Anyone selling a Neo BT? Serious enquiry.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Well mines here. Overall I'd say they did a good job.
I'll agree with many here tho and say I wish it had a tighter dead zone. Feels like the throw to activate is big but I didn't notice quite as much when I was actually playing.
Paired it up with my fire tablet & lemuroid detected it right away.
Except for setting the menu buttons it was pretty much auto configured.
Played a little Double Dragon Advance.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Well mines here. Overall I'd say they did a good job.
I'll agree with many here tho and say I wish it had a tighter dead zone. Feels like the throw to activate is big but I didn't notice quite as much when I was actually playing.
Paired it up with my fire tablet & lemuroid detected it right away.
Except for setting the menu buttons it was pretty much auto configured.
Played a little Double Dragon Advance.
The dead zone is bigger but in use it really isn’t too noticeable IMO. That being said I BET you could 3D print a very thin collar that would go over the thumbsticks shaft and insert into the microswitch cavity and semi-depress the white triggers but not so much that they actuate the micro switch. Basically just increase the circumference of the post

Hell you could even use very thin strips of gaff tape to test it

That way in use you’d have inputs much quicker off dead center without the dead zone

HellioN

20 Year Member
The dead zone is bigger but in use it really isn’t too noticeable IMO. That being said I BET you could 3D print a very thin collar that would go over the thumbsticks shaft and insert into the microswitch cavity and semi-depress the white triggers but not so much that they actuate the micro switch. Basically just increase the circumference of the post

Hell you could even use very thin strips of gaff tape to test it

That way in use you’d have inputs much quicker off dead center without the dead zone
That's not a bad idea. Some heat shrink tubing might work. 🤔