Applying for a job in America in 2024

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
prime example of how rampant virtue signaling creates a victim mentality on both sides of the narratives. shit needs to stop as a whole.
Another example of how you all don't understand me.

In short I'm not a racist or classicist and I believe these programs are still around because they need to be.
Hopefully someday we will have evolved into a more efficient society and can get rid of them.

You can call it the good ol' boys club, internally I call it the boyfriends and girlfriend club.
Really though, a vast majority of employment and economic opportunities are passed along through networks.
I was naive and believed for awhile that you got ahead through skill and hard work.

Just saying I prefer a system based off of meritocracy not mediocrity.
As far as EO goes I'd rather see a job go to someone as part of a quota than to the bosses/owners kid or someones vapid ex girlfriend.
The playing field is much more flat these days, making such programs almost irrelevant but...
Organizations should strive to have representation somewhat like the community it's in and or serves and left to their own devices everybody would just work with clone yes people of themselves in an echochamber.

To be honest though I've lost sympathy for people who've gotten second and third chances when I don't feel I've even gotten my first and lost my empathy for others who self identify as a stalk of celery when I feel my issues are more real and undressed.

And no I'm not necessarily talking about gay or trans people either.

For example when I see these shit talking THOTS on dating sites and social media.
I strongly dislike workfare and how they jacked up welfare.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Another example of how you all don't understand me.

4b35283ace4ed040b0b6ecb3a83ea3b6.jpg

I'm not a racist or classicist

To be honest though I've lost sympathy for people who've gotten second and third chances when I don't feel I've even gotten my first

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
BTW I someone make a post here awhile ago asking this question.
Another thing I don't get, with the advancement in tech why do a bunch of things seem to take longer to do these days?
I was talking to my dad about it awhile ago and he says it's always taken awhile to go through the job process for decent jobs, I dunno about that.
Every job I've ever had I pretty much got on the spot or same day. I used to drive around and see places I'd like to work and go introduce myself.
They don't like that anymore for at least a decade now, they post signs saying so and will call the police or security if you try it.

Anyways so here's the answer:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
@basic, I’m not even sure what you’re asking. Affirmative Action is over unless you attend a US Military Academy.

So whatever my opinion, it’s now moot.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
@basic, I’m not even sure what you’re asking. Affirmative Action is over unless you attend a US Military Academy.

So whatever my opinion, it’s now moot.
i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. just because affirmative action was removed it doesn't mean certain biases won't manifest themselves in admissions officers. unless you think DEI rhetoric or any rhetoric can't have the ability to subliminally influence a receptive person's thought process. whatever, if you are the type to think that racism ended because the supreme court got rid of segregation...or there is no racism in hiring practices because of equal opportunity laws...there is nothing i can argue.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. just because affirmative action was removed it doesn't mean certain biases won't manifest themselves in admissions officers. unless you think DEI rhetoric or any rhetoric can't have the ability to subliminally influence a receptive person's thought process. whatever, if you are the type to think that racism ended because the supreme court got rid of segregation...or there is no racism in hiring practices because of equal opportunity laws...there is nothing i can argue.

Call me a retard but I find it hard to agree to disagree when I genuinely wasn’t sure what you were getting at. What is it that you’re asking? “What about higher education” isn’t a complete thought. What about it?

Of course bias will exist. I’m agreed with you there. No amount of laws saying you can’t be biased or favorably biasing certain groups/whatever will remove people’s biases. People will do what they want.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Call me a retard but I find it hard to agree to disagree when I genuinely wasn’t sure what you were getting at. What is it that you’re asking? “What about higher education” isn’t a complete thought. What about it?

Of course bias will exist. I’m agreed with you there. No amount of laws saying you can’t be biased or favorably biasing certain groups/whatever will remove people’s biases. People will do what they want.
because you stated the stuff beff brought up, specifically, was just corporate virtue signaling and that good old boys (i'm assuming white people) lost out on nothing, i was wondering if you felt the same about other areas such as college admissions.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You're right that I haven't lost a job to this shit, but I am aware of others that have been gendered out of a job. A lateral team was specifically only hiring women intentionally. It was obvious from my perspective, but they confirmed it over a few too many drinks. They were certain a girls club would outperform other teams, and it utterly imploded.

Sounds like the others you’re aware of dodged a bullet. Sounds like typical corporate nepotism. Glad it imploded.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I agree with basic here. Ivy League schools put a cap on how many Asian Americans they accept. There was some leaked memo about Asian ethnicity students not having enough personality or some bullshit.

I saw some videos of it, IDK. Sucks to be best of class and do extracurriculars your whole life and be denied because your ethnicity is so fucking good at school.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
because you stated the stuff beff brought up, specifically, was just corporate virtue signaling and that good old boys (i'm assuming white people) lost out on nothing, i was wondering if you felt the same about other areas such as college admissions.

I see. With respect to some Universities I'm certain some truly believed affirmative action righted historic wrongs and ongoing systemic racism by allowing for other than pure merit based placement.

Others just followed the federal money and did what they were told.

I’d be surprised if white people lost out on anything significantly. No one is entitled to attend these institutions and frankly I’m sure the acceptance process isn’t fair anyway (see children of alums and children of donors getting in, etc.)

Reactions: wyo

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I see. With respect to some Universities I'm certain some truly believed affirmative action righted historic wrongs and ongoing systemic racism by allowing for other than pure merit based placement.

Others just followed the federal money and did what they were told.

I’d be surprised if white people lost out on anything significantly. No one is entitled to attend these institutions and frankly I’m sure the acceptance process isn’t fair anyway (see children of alums and children of donors getting in, etc.)
all good. i dunno why i got side tracked by this. i just wanna read more of xavier's writings.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Cancel culture is real. I've been doing something in the office a bunch at factories when HR answers the phone and I hear them say what does that have to do with that person and the job functions they have to do here? Then after listening for awhile they go on the say listen I can't get anybody else to do this job do you want a world without these widgets? More pause.. listen that job is pretty miserable, you'd be happier if they were at home on the dole watching Jerry Springer? I'm sure after the 3,000 call they can get tired of it though.

I don't understand how they get thorough in the first place.
I can never get through to anybody, they have the ringer off and it goes straight to a full voicemailbox.
Maybe they called corporate and make some sort of arrangement.
What exactly do you mean by "doing something" ? because it sounds like you're some mental person who's tapped the phone lines to an office and a bunch of factories HR departments and are listening in.

I want to be wrong but this is the kind of thing we imagine you doing.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Really though, a vast majority of employment and economic opportunities are passed along through networks.
I was naive and believed for awhile that you got ahead through skill and hard work.
Have you ever hired employees that you're going to have to manage? People who walk around talking about how skilled and hard working they are are fucking useless employees.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
There was a California law passed in recent years that mandated certain percentages of minority and women and lgbt on public company boards of directors. Basically an explicit racial, gender, lgbt based quota. The governor signed it into law at the time remarking that it would probably be struck down but that its a step in the right direction.

It took several years, but sure enough, it was struck down as unconstitutional under the equal protection clause in 2023. Interestingly, while the law was active and on the books, I don't think many public companies based in California complied with it, and I don't think the state attorney general or any other agency brought any suit or any other action to enforce it...

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
You're right that I haven't lost a job to this shit, but I am aware of others that have been gendered out of a job. A lateral team was specifically only hiring women intentionally. It was obvious from my perspective, but they confirmed it over a few too many drinks. They were certain a girls club would outperform other teams, and it utterly imploded.
Well corporate America is still a men’s club but it has change a bit some of these men has started some twisted feeling abut experimenting with women on board. sometime it worked but most of of the time it fucked it up beyond repair and cost them the job and career or even the company . See all those sexual harassment lawsuits and me2 lawsuit’s, the weak one will go down in flames the smart and lucky one will learn from it and never to fuck at the workplace.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
There was a California law passed in recent years that mandated certain percentages of minority and women and lgbt on public company boards of directors. Basically an explicit racial, gender, lgbt based quota. The governor signed it into law at the time remarking that it would probably be struck down but that its a step in the right direction.

It took several years, but sure enough, it was struck down as unconstitutional under the equal protection clause in 2023. Interestingly, while the law was active and on the books, I don't think many public companies based in California complied with it, and I don't think the state attorney general or any other agency brought any suit or any other action to enforce it...
Its a first world problem . this woke movement ESG shit will bring the some public Company to it knees . Better to have a good hire or maybe hired a talent recruiter to poach the competent ones out of the small sample group .

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
What exactly do you mean by "doing something" ? because it sounds like you're some mental person who's tapped the phone lines to an office and a bunch of factories HR departments and are listening in.

I want to be wrong but this is the kind of thing we imagine you doing.
Fuck off, I'm filling out paperwork or something.

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Its a first world problem . this woke movement ESG shit will bring the some public Company to it knees . Better to have a good hire or maybe hired a talent recruiter to poach the competent ones out of the small sample group .
Exactly, this issue will work itself out once companies start losing money due to their hiring practices. Sucks that hiring is this way in the first place, but getting a job was always a numbers game to begin with. Throw enough applications out there and one will come back with an acceptance; now your chances might be just a little lower