BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Little Fires Everywhere is kinda trashy but also mostly entertaining. Reece Witherspoon and Kerry Washington are both good in it. Far better than the mess that Big Little Lies S2 was, at least.

Devs continues to be both inscrutable and really damn watchable. So the usual for Garland. Offerman and Mizuno are the obvious standouts but Zach Grenier has really shined a lot in his role too.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ozark season 3
What an uneven, convoluted mess the whole thing is.
But when it's good it's pretty brilliant. Largely due to acting chops

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Just binged through the last third of the season. Very satisfying indeed. The music choices start to end are perfect.
It's an 8

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Little Fires Everywhere is kinda trashy but also mostly entertaining. Reece Witherspoon and Kerry Washington are both good in it. Far better than the mess that Big Little Lies S2 was, at least.

Devs continues to be both inscrutable and really damn watchable. So the usual for Garland. Offerman and Mizuno are the obvious standouts but Zach Grenier has really shined a lot in his role too.

I'll be 100% honest here...Devs is highly interesting and has been rather entertaining...but Sonoya Mizuno is a god awful actress in Devs...and I mean BAD. My wife and I have been discussing how horrid her acting skills are in the show...she comes across as someone reading a script at an initial table read.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tiger King - I think mjmjmjrmrmr25 said something about this, so I checked it out. First episode out, this is good drama. Joe seems like an OK dude. Gay cowboy with a tiger farm. That bitch in Florida is absolutely nuts though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tiger King - I think mjmjmjrmrmr25 said something about this, so I checked it out. First episode out, this is good drama. Joe seems like an OK dude. Gay cowboy with a tiger farm. That bitch in Florida is absolutely nuts though.

yeah Carole Baskin killed Don and that's a fact.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'll be 100% honest here...Devs is highly interesting and has been rather entertaining...but Sonoya Mizuno is a god awful actress in Devs...and I mean BAD. My wife and I have been discussing how horrid her acting skills are in the show...she comes across as someone reading a script at an initial table read.

I think some of that is how Garland writes the character. Lilly's not particularly likable or even remotely interesting most of the time. I kind of glaze over when she's the focus of the story and wake back up when Forrest or the engineers or Kenton is on. I had forgotten that Mizuno was in Ex Machina, and quite naked at points.

Re: Westworld - anyone else notice how all of characters are pronouncing it "MAY-VE" instead of "MEE-VE" this season? Another dumb episode yesterday. Teddy is Charlotte, right?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think some of that is how Garland writes the character. Lilly's not particularly likable or even remotely interesting most of the time. I kind of glaze over when she's the focus of the story and wake back up when Forrest or the engineers or Kenton is on. I had forgotten that Mizuno was in Ex Machina, and quite naked at points.

Re: Westworld - anyone else notice how all of characters are pronouncing it "MAY-VE" instead of "MEE-VE" this season? Another dumb episode yesterday. Teddy is Charlotte, right?

Yeah...her entire sub plot has been really lackluster. The overall plot is interesting enough to keep me watching but hers? I'll be honest when I say that was FF through some of her stuff on the last episode. I get it...she's sad, looks like a 11 year old boy, and had a cardboard personality...fine. Her ex boyfriend is actually more interesting...poor guy...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

I was thinking that at first. But then when "Charlotte" started acting more violent, it made me think she might be that one blonde chick with the face tattoo.

I'm probably wrong and it's Teddy tho.

Re: Tandy1000 Newton's character: useless. She was mildly interesting last season with her special powers. But I seriously do_not_care about whether or not she finds her kid or whatever. Also I'd much rather see more about The Man In Black.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I was thinking that at first. But then when "Charlotte" started acting more violent, it made me think she might be that one blonde chick with the face tattoo.

Re: Tandy1000 Newton's character: useless. She was mildly interesting last season with her special powers. But I seriously do_not_care about whether or not she finds her kid or whatever. Also I'd much rather see more about The Man In Black.

If this show makes a turn around, please let me know. I was the sole cheerleader for this series last season, when everyone else dropped out. The first ep this season I felt like the slow kid on the short bus, realizing everyone else was right about this show being shit.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Yeah, Bernard and William are about the only two characters left that aren't dumb and/or boring.

And I guess Charlotte could be the actual Delores, and Delores could be Wyatt. They were split in the first season IIRC and could be again. I hadn't thought of that until I saw it suggested in an article.

If this show makes a turn around, please let me know. I was the sole cheerleader for this series last season, when everyone else dropped out. The first ep this season I felt like the slow kid on the short bus, realizing everyone else was right about this show being shit.
It's not showing any signs right now. Adding Vincent Cassel and Tommy Flanagan makes for some nice flavor in the margins, but it's not enough to make the show any better overall.

The second episode was better than the first, mainly because it focused on Bernard (and Maeve, but whatever), and then the third sucked again (Delores episode).

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Season 2 was ok. It was a bit heavy handed with the whole SJW bit and I'll admit that I still don't feel bad about abusing a machine, no matter how it programmed to react, but the show was watchable.

My main gripe was the bouncing around wasn't as clearly defined as it was in season 1. Season 1 was indeed confusing but they reward you bu summing it all up nicely at the end. Season 2 was way more convoluted and hard to follow as it bounced around too much in the overall present with the same characters. That and the whole samurai world sub plot was completely useless.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'll admit that I still don't feel bad about abusing a machine, no matter how it programmed to react

I named my master bathroom toilet "Dolores". One day when the toilets go full skynet on us, it will all make sense.

My main gripe was the bouncing around wasn't as clearly defined as it was in season 1. Season 1 was indeed confusing but they reward you bu summing it all up nicely at the end. Season 2 was way more convoluted and hard to follow as it bounced around too much in the overall present with the same characters. That and the whole samurai world sub plot was completely useless.

Samurai World was stylish. But yeah, who cares? The robots from Samurai World don't seem to carry over.

Aaron Paul isn't a draw for me either. Should have added Jeff Goldblum and called it Android Park.

Snappy

n00b
The Chosen is free to watch right now - https://thechosen.link/2CS4V

Big budget Christian production following the life of Christ and surrounding events. It is crowdfunded. They would like to do up to 7-8 seasons.

It’s very well done, well acted. It doesn’t have the cheese that a lot of Christian productions have fallen victim to. Even if you are antagonistic toward Christianity you will probably find it enjoyable to watch if only from a historical perspective.

They got the guy that I remember from Adam Sandler’s Mr. Deeds playing Nicodemus and his acting in particular has been great so far.

The-Chosen.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Last night's episode of Devs was better...things finally moving along a bit...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Post up after you meet Doc Antle's harem. Incredible.

Finished the series. No comment here other than it was a fascinating documentary into the life of millionaire rednecks. Just made me sad, man.

Who'd've thought the sanest person would be the Cuban drug lord.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Finished the series. No comment here other than it was a fascinating documentary into the life of millionaire rednecks. Just made me sad, man.

Haha holy shit what a perfect way to sum up this show.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

It's a documentary on horrible people being horrible. For the most part, the lot of them needs to be covered in steak sauce and chucked in a pit of hungry tigers.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's a documentary on horrible people being horrible. For the most part, the lot of them needs to be covered in steak sauce and chucked in a pit of hungry tigers.

Not the meth heads though. Those guys are poison.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Last night's episode of Devs was better...things finally moving along a bit...
It was. Nice to finally get a little bit of clarity on some things, and it did a nice job of setting up an unexpected reveal instead in what I assume will be the finale next week. The scenes with Jamie and Forrest were also surprisingly poignant.

In contrast, terrible, utterly cringeworthy episode of Little Fires Everywhere. Elena's husband and Pearl are the only two characters on the show that aren't actively unlikable, though I guess that's probably intentional.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Westworld embraces batshit crazy for what's by far the best episode this season. That was far better than the first three episodes and not just because Vincent Cassel is going full heel turn.