BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Not a fan of Titans either. Ive watched the first two seasons of Doom Patrol, I think. Maybe 3. Not sure.

I really really love Young Justice - seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 and so far season 4 have been Woke-City and it just ruined the tone of the show for me. It sucks because it was so good, and was brought back from the dead - only to make it a lectern for annoying equality/racial/representation agenda.

Its a cartoon about teenage superheroes. Ease up on the intent there, writers.
The most recent season of Doom Patrol was season 3, and it just ended a week or two ago. If you haven't seen it, it's a big improvement over season 2 and also sets up a spin off (Dead Boy Detective Agency).

I haven't watched the newer seasons of Young Justice yet. I did like the old show quite a bit so I imagine I'll get around to it evetually.

But yeah, right now Doom Patrol, Stargirl, and Superman and Lois are head and shoulders above the rest of the live action DC shows. Stargirl survived a network change and a shooting location change and didn't decline in quality (except the CGI, that did get chaper), which is pretty rare.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Psych 3: This is Gus- If you liked the series and the previous movies then you'll enjoy this. They managed to bring back most of the supporting cast except for Kristi Swanson, even Kurt Smith and Ray Wise returned.

The Haunting of Bly Manor- The weakest of the 3 series and honestly it's pretty terrible. The ending really goes hard into chick flick territory and ruins anything good that it had been building to. Of the 3 series I'd say Midnight Mass is probably the strongest, if they do a third Haunting series I hope it's more in line with that and Hill House.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Dexters back I didn’t even know until I saw a pop up on my computer, didn’t watch it yet .

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm really enjoying the new season of Dexter. It's a welcome return to form after the disappointing finale or the original series.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Watching first few episodes of True Story. The series itself isn't all that interesting, the narrative muddles it's way forward. It's ok.
But Hart and Snipes are a lot more than ok in it. They work together brilliantly, really nice to see Snipes displaying chops and Kevin Hart in a serious role tailor made for him, he makes it happen. There are few to non mainstream US series right now where the lead cast are mostly black and where they portray people, not cliche cardboard cutouts.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
One comment on Succession - much as I still enjoy watching the show every week, it sure feels like this season has been mostly stuck in neutral. Tom and Greg are easily the most compelling characters at this point IMO with Shiv being next and then most of the others kind of jumbling together.
Agreed. The birthday episode while pretty funny was disappointing yet again with no real progression. For this amount of foot dragging there better some big payoff coming. The compliment tunnel was great through.

Reactions: jro

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
My sis in law told my wife we need to check out "A Touch of Cloth." Watched the first two eps Tonite and it's hilarious. Very Zucker-esque. If you've seen Angie Tribeca, it's very similar. Off the wall airplane style humor while all the characters act serious.

It's British. Good stuff. Most of the jokes are low hanging fruit but I think the fact that it's so blatant about being low hanging fruit makes it funny.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
How on Earth is the ugly as fuck 75-year-old Selena Gomez in Only Murders In the Building the same one that was in Spring Breakers 9 years ago?

PSA, stay the hell away from plastic surgery kids.

Show's pretty great otherwise tho.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
At the behest of my brother in law, I checked out Ted Lasso. Im not a fan of really anything related to sports. Movies, shows, comedies, comic strips, etc. I think its just a waste of time.

But Ted Lasso is great! We're about 4 eps in so far and enjoying it. Jason Sudeikis cracks me up. I *want* to dislike him, but literally everything he does cracks me up. And the character is really endearing.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
How on Earth is the ugly as fuck 75-year-old Selena Gomez in Only Murders In the Building the same one that was in Spring Breakers 9 years ago?

I thought the same thing but it turns out she had some sort of serious illness and required a few surgeries. It doesn't help her any the way they have her dressed. She looks like a background character from Daria.

Reactions: jro

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I thought the same thing but it turns out she had some sort of serious illness and required a few surgeries. It doesn't help her any the way they have her dressed. She looks like a background character from Daria.

And whats with her Kermit voice?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Probably hormone imbalance from chemo.

If you wanna talk about a fucked up voice has anyone heard Miley Cyrus lately? She sounds like a 60 year old truck stop waitress with a 3 pack a day habit.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
No kidding, I had no idea. Well good for her for recovering and getting back to acting then! :emb:

All three of the main characters are really well-written and acted. I know Martin and Short have had a really good rapport for decades, but Gomez fits in pretty much seamlessly and holds her own in every scene.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hellbound- Trash, just absolute garbage. The only reason this is getting any praise is because Korean stuff is in right now. This is the same level as a million other ham fisted judgment day what-ifs that catches the imagination of idiots.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
SRSly. C'mon, Succession, stop being cute. Fun episodes, sure, but what a pointless season. Roman's dick pics are a kick, yah, but Better Call Saul is coming for the crown, big time, in series finale year.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The North Water
Thriller about a whaling ship in the 1800s in the hunt near the arctic, one of the crew being a murderer. Told from the POV of the new ship doctor, who was dishonorably discharged from the army and can't find employment elsewhere, also has a Laudanum habit. Beautifully shot with some good actors like Colin Farrell and the guy who played Combo in This is England. 3/5

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior

She was pretty hot and lit in the dead don't die and that was fairly recent wasn't it?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I haven't bothered to watch Loki yet but Hawkeye is significantly better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier or WandaVision.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The fact that Tom and/or Greg somehow actually did manage to end up being the pivotal character on Succession pretty much saved the season for me. Eight episodes of wheel-spinning saved by one really, really good one. Culkin nailed it, in particular. Also, WTF Greg, Cumphrey's a catch, stop with this whole Princess of Italy silliness.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I haven't bothered to watch Loki yet but Hawkeye is significantly better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier or WandaVision.
Loki is probably the best marvel show, and the most important. Wandavision would be 2nd.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The fact that Tom and/or Greg somehow actually did manage to end up being the pivotal character on Succession pretty much saved the season for me. Eight episodes of wheel-spinning saved by one really, really good one. Culkin nailed it, in particular. Also, WTF Greg, Cumphrey's a catch, stop with this whole Princess of Italy silliness.
That was a really weird episode. I didn't know it was the finale and was like WTF? I know this has been a bit slow but shit just went from 0-60 in like 4 seconds. It was definitely good and everyone was firing on all cylinders performance wise and yeah Culkin's performance in particular was fantastic.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The Expanse season 6 has started, they're doing the one episode a week thing again. Sigh.